Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

At KC :L
At Philly :L
AT Miami: L
Even if we win the rest … does 9-8 give you a chance ? We’re going to lose all tie breaks pretty much

Ya its over. McDermott probably won't be fired but we should move on from Dorsey at least

Mind you the 12 on the field wasn’t some guy running off the field and barely getting caught before he reached the sideline. This was 12 dudes solidly in their stances just planted and waiting.

So now in the press conference McDuffus is saying how they practiced subbing Dime D for FG block all week. Ok there Buddy. Why even have the dime D out there when they are TAKING KNEES

Mind you the 12 on the field wasn’t some guy running off the field and barely getting caught before he reached the sideline. This was 12 dudes solidly in their stances just planted and waiting.

So now in the press conference McDuffus is saying how they practiced subbing Dime D for FG block all week. Ok there Buddy. Why even have the dime D out there when they are TAKING KNEES

Again you nailed it, there taking 3 knees. You could have put then out there at any point literally any. Just a horrific job

Again you nailed it, there taking 3 knees. You could have put then out there at any point literally any. Just a horrific job
Yeah .. maybe after 2nd down instead of 3rd? I don’t know. But if they actually thought Denver might run a play … then that tells you all you need to know about football acumen of the staff

McDermott did a great job with the turnaround ut he's clearly maxed out what he can do here. Pegulas need to move on

I don't think they'll move on yet but this is a deeply damaging loss. Like worst of the drought era loss

I don't think they'll move on yet but this is a deeply damaging loss. Like worst of the drought era loss
So many to choose from
-lose at JETS after Rogers goes down on the THIRD PLAY OF THE GAME . Blowing a lead in the process.

-lose at patriots giving up 29 points to a team that had scored 20 pts TOTAL in the 3 games prior and hasn’t scored over 20 points in ANY OTHER GAME THIS YEAR

-lose at home to a broncos team that has only defeated the lowly Bears on the road .

The 3rd down blitz call after you just succeeded on the blitz was a really bad decision. I ventured over to the bills forums and people are riled up. One person made a post that said Luke Willson (spelling) said it was a horrible decision as Russ is one of the best cover 0 QBs. He played in Seattle with him for several years.

I really cannot believe I am saying this but don't think I can watch this next week. Expect a similar game against the Jets. They have a legit elite D.

I really cannot believe I am saying this but don't think I can watch this next week. Expect a similar game against the Jets. They have a legit elite D.
Even when they don’t they handle our offense

As much as these losses are mostly on the offense:

three games this year our offense has taken the lead very late in the game such that the defense needed ONE stop to end it. The defense has yet to make that stop

And these are the vaunted QBs who we couldn’t stop

Zach wilson
Mac Jones
Corpse of Russell Wilson

And future HOFer tyrod Taylor probably should have pulled it off as well

As much as these losses are mostly on the offense:

three games this year our offense has taken the lead very late in the game such that the defense needed ONE stop to end it. The defense has yet to make that stop

And these are the vaunted QBs who we couldn’t stop

Zach wilson
Mac Jones
Corpse of Russell Wilson

And future HOFer tyrod Taylor probably should have pulled it off as well
Did jets drive down and tie? Can’t even remember that game

McDermott is not in a million years going to be replaced this year or next year. Just isn't going to happen. If he misses the playoffs next year then he will be coaching for his job in 2025. You simply can't ignore the overall success and I get it there have been some really bad losses. They will have a new OC and DC next year I would imagine. I think either the ST coach or Dorsey gets canned today or at some point soon. I think McDermott has been fine as the DC but obviously the house around him has crumbled this season. This team is just not very good this year and I don't think it's anything they can fix quickly barring some miraculous turn around on offense. I guess they could let Joe Brady calls the plays at some point.

McDermott's ceiling is limited but he has made the playoffs 5 out of 7 years if they miss it this year and in Buffalo that's pretty damn good or anywhere really. People can say he is wasting Josh's prime years but Josh has stunk this year as well. There is no way that after the big contract that Josh is working anywhere near as hard in the off season as he was 2-3 years ago and it shows. It's human nature. You will never have a significant playoff run with Josh playing like he has this year more so than McDermott as the head coach. He just makes too many mistakes

I think everybody shares in the blame at some point, beane as well. They went all in on Miller last year trying to win a super bowl and it backfired. Again they gambled and lost. It happens. I guess maybe I am more down on Josh this year than McDermott, he has simply stunk, IMO.

That said, I would be fine with the ST coach being fired immediately. The 12 on the field is on him and yeah sure McDermott is in charge but still. McDermott has a lot of questions to answer but he's not going anywhere anytime soon, IMO. I also think the Pegulas like the idea of staying the course and won't make any rash decisions when it comes to letting McDermott go

Last edited:
Also, how was forward progress awarded on that “catch” when the player was in fact coming back to the ball on their own volition (not being pushed) ?

McDermott is not in a million years going to be replaced this year or next year. Just isn't going to happen. If he misses the playoffs next year then he will be coaching for his job in 2025. You simply can't ignore the overall success and I get it there have been some really bad losses. They will have a new OC and DC next year I would imagine. I think either the ST coach or Dorsey gets canned today or at some point soon. I think McDermott has been fine as the DC but obviously the house around him has crumbled this season. This team is just not very good this year and I don't think it's anything they can fix quickly barring some miraculous turn around on offense. I guess they could let Joe Brady calls the plays at some point.

McDermott's ceiling is limited but he has made the playoffs 5 out of 7 years if they miss it this year and in Buffalo that's pretty damn good or anywhere really. People can say he is wasting Josh's prime years but Josh has stunk this year as well. There is no way that after the big contract that Josh is working anywhere near as hard in the off season as he was 2-3 years ago and it shows. It's human nature. You will never have a significant playoff run with Josh playing like he has this year more so than McDermott as the head coach. He just makes too many mistakes

I think everybody shares in the blame at some point, beane as well. They went all in on Miller last year trying to win a super bowl and it backfired. Again they gambled and lost. It happens. I guess maybe I am more down on Josh this year than McDermott, he has simply stunk, IMO.

That said, I would be fine with the ST coach being fired immediately. The 12 on the field is on him and yeah sure McDermott is in charge but still. McDermott has a lot of questions to answer but he's not going anywhere anytime soon, IMO. I also think the Pegulas like the idea of staying the course and won't make any rash decisions when it comes to letting McDermott go
Firing ST coach is chicken shyte. Of course it will happen

Remember before the season how Josh said that he's never been more focused on football in his life? How laughable is that in retrospect?

ESPN is generally awful. But this morning the get up crew was all over the Bills loss. First thing Saturday asked was why were you even having to substitute on that FG attempt ? Denver wasn’t running plays !

Remember before the season how Josh said that he's never been more focused on football in his life? How laughable is that in retrospect?
He's crossed over from constantly trying to get better every year, playing with a chip on his shoulder and trying to prove himself to just showing up and expecting to be great and or get better. He's just been horrible this year. Just me but I feel like there is more to the story, something off the field etc but maybe not. The huge contract ruins plenty of people and the bills look like a team that expects to just make the playoffs every year but aren't good enough.

Josh has grown complacent pretty clear to see. He says the right things but his actions don't really back it up. He really could be a fraud at this point unless he gets back to work in the off season and gets after it again.

ESPN is generally awful. But this morning the get up crew was all over the Bills loss. First thing Saturday asked was why were you even having to substitute on that FG attempt ? Denver wasn’t running plays !

Of all the absurd things last night, that may have been the most absurd. And then after the game, McDermott said they practiced that exact situation multiple times this week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom