Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

5-5 instead of 8-2.

Had to beat a Zach Wilson led offense with your fully healthy defense opening week. Had to not allow Mac Jones who has been benched like 5x this year to drive down the field and drop 29 points (their team has scored 20 points what, twice?). Denver at home, critical game, desperately need to get it together... and come out with 4 turnovers, another first half with < 10 pts (!!), poor kick coverage, and despite all that Denver is so weak you still had the game won until committing one of the most irrational penalties you'll ever see. That's 8-2 with NYJ and NE still coming to Buffalo. That should have been 10 wins, with opportunity to steal 1 or 2 of the remaining hard games.

A complete failure by this team. No other way to put it.
It's crazy how thin the line is when you put it like that. Don't change any of the injuries, interceptions or anything else. Just the two stupid unforced Josh drop fumbles on these Monday nights. That's 7-3 and a different season. SMH

Denver's first TD that was both-feet-in by about a millimeter
That was a helluva pass and catch. Wilson put the ball where no one else could get it and Sutton is an all-pro. Pass rush bit the spin move and they were left out of position just enough for Russ to get the pass off.

It's crazy how thin the line is when you put it like that. Don't change any of the injuries, interceptions or anything else. Just the two stupid unforced Josh drop fumbles on these Monday nights. That's 7-3 and a different season. SMH
Yes, this game often comes down to singular plays or errors.

I get the hate for Dorsey, but the Bills were a top-5 offense this season. I don't know how much this changes the defense being undermanned and out-played by scrub teams.

I get the hate for Dorsey, but the Bills were a top-5 offense this season. I don't know how much this changes the defense being undermanned and out-played by scrub teams.
"were"...we've scored under 10 in the first half how many times? The Miami game is an eternity ago. You are not the one throwing the football or dropping balls, but something was clearly not working.

It feels like Dorsey could be a bit of a scapegoat right now. 7th in yards per game, 8th in points per game. That's the top quartile of the league, for both.

"were"...we've scored under 10 in the first half how many times? The Miami game is an eternity ago. You are not the one throwing the football or dropping balls, but something was clearly not working.
Points count the same in both halves so I don't really care how they come about as long as they do. Brady was already the QB coach so don't see how he's miraculously going to get Josh to not just drop the ball on a handoff or stop throwing dumb picks in his new position.

New OC Joe Brady played at William & Mary and was an OC with Carolina Panthers.
Think you are missing the most important piece of his resume.

Was he the guy who couldn't count to 12 on defense last night?
no he's the guy in charge that took one of the best offenses and QB's in the NFL and now has them somewhere between bad and mediocre at best depending which stats you choose to grab or look at

The guy that couldn't count to 12 was the special teams coach and he should be fired as well. You aren't firing the head coach or Josh Allen so somebody was going down with the ship. That's life in the NFL.

As a person, I really like Dorsey. Smart, bit quirky and different than most coaches but just could never string gameplans together on a consistent basis. He had a few great games but too few and far between

It seems like there were about a half dozen bizarre things that happened last night (e.g. Denver's first TD that was both-feet-in by about a millimeter, or that opening kickoff strip fumble, or 12 men on the field) where if just one of them doesn't happen, the Bills win.
Denver also blew two extra points and the field goal buffalo had 12 men on the field. The game was comical. It didn’t seem like either team wanted to win.

no he's the guy in charge that took one of the best offenses and QB's in the NFL and now has them somewhere between bad and mediocre at best depending which stats you choose to grab or look at

The guy that couldn't count to 12 was the special teams coach and he should be fired as well. You aren't firing the head coach or Josh Allen so somebody was going down with the ship. That's life in the NFL.

As a person, I really like Dorsey. Smart, bit quirky and different than most coaches I but just could never string gameplans together on a consistent basis.
Last night in the second half it looked like Allen was shell shocked. If Buffalo just ran the Ball in the 2nd half they win easy.

Last edited:
Think you are missing the most important piece of his resume.
You mean the one where he was recommended to coach O at LSU by Sean Payton and called the plays on one of the best college offenses of all time? That piece?

Brady took the fall for the debacle that Matt Rhule had going at Carolina, I am not expecting miracles but should be interesting to see what looks different moving forward. The playoffs are too far gone but maybe Brady can get the job moving forward. He has more experience calling plays than Dorsey did

On the flip side at the core are Matt Rhule and McDermott all that different with how they look at offense?

Points count the same in both halves so I don't really care how they come about as long as they do. Brady was already the QB coach so don't see how he's miraculously going to get Josh to not just drop the ball on a handoff or stop throwing dumb picks in his new position.
But it's clear we are a team best at protecting a lead, not coming from behind. So when you are scoring 7 at half, there is a great chance you are losing.

We have to get back to scoring early.

Denver also blew two extra points and the field goal buffalo had 12 men on the field. The game was comical. It didn’t seem like either team wanted to win.
Yep, agreed. It will be interesting to see if Buffalo's Super Bowl-winning window has closed for the time being, or if this is simply an anomaly year and next year is back to normal.

It feels like Dorsey could be a bit of a scapegoat right now. 7th in yards per game, 8th in points per game. That's the top quartile of the league, for both.
That's the common take I see on my Twitter. Which is curated so I tend to agree. Ben Baldwin has some good posts on fumble/int luck. Man is it gross.

The butterfly effect of some of those missed kicks can be whacky. Not sure Bass missing the last XP would've been a bad thing. Denver probably woulda run a draw or something on 2nd&10 in a tie game.

Brady was already the QB coach so don't see how he's miraculously going to get Josh to not just drop the ball on a handoff or stop throwing dumb picks in his new position.
That's not going to happen magically but those things may very well stop happening just because they were going to anyways.
And then what, I'm not sure.

McDermott is feeling the heat and who knows how much longer he has.

I feel a little bad for Dorsey, thought he did ok but because the Bills are in a SB window he needed to be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom