Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Not to be a turd but the probability of the series of events transpiring as described in this story has to be about 0.
Even if 1% of it went down that way he needs to go. In fact, even if none of it did .. he needs to go

ley me just say this about the "brotherly shove". i watched a game where jason kelce joined the announcers in the booth and he described what it's like being under about 5 or six lineman who weigh 300+ each. not pleasant. to me it looks like a major injury waiting to happen. matter of time.very dangerous play.
secondly if they are going to allow the offense to push a stopped runner forward for 5 more yards then get rid of the FORWARD PROGRESS rule altogether and allow the Defense to drive a runner back 5 yards after contact.
seems only fair.
The brotherly shove should def be outlawed. Same thing with the rugby scrum where the pile moves ten yards into the end zone. Player safety. lol

Lol @ the bolded - how many 'accidental' headshots do you see every game?
The crazy thing is Phillips isn't even looking at Kelce or the ball. He's just intent on crushing Jurgens and driving him into the turf with his full weight. If he hadn't committed 4 or 5 other dirty shots and wasn't jawing with the fans the entire game then I might give him the benefit of the doubt.

Buffalo is 6-6 and out of the playoffs as of today, but how many teams in the league would be favored against them on a neutral field? KC probably a field goalish favorite. Philly was -3 at home which translates to a neutral site pick em. Maybe Ravens? Niners? It's just crazy how underachieving this team is.

Buffalo is 6-6 and out of the playoffs as of today, but how many teams in the league would be favored against them on a neutral field? KC probably a field goalish favorite. Philly was -3 at home which translates to a neutral site pick em. Maybe Ravens? Niners? It's just crazy how underachieving this team is.
Home field advantage no longer considered 3

Fanduel has KC -3 next week so ya.

Pretty good results this week for the Bills from a playoff perspective. Of course means nothing if they don’t win 4/5

Pretty good results this week for the Bills from a playoff perspective. Of course means nothing if they don’t win 4/5
Wish the Titans held on but other than that it was good

Looking at schedules going forward , barring quarter back injuries , the Texans and colts are making the playoffs. Texans at 7-5 next face jets / titans twice / browns / colts.

Steelers and browns likely each have at least two more losses in their futures.

Looking at schedules going forward , barring quarter back injuries , the Texans and colts are making the playoffs. Texans at 7-5 next face jets / titans twice / browns / colts.

Steelers and browns likely each have at least two more losses in their futures.
The Texans can lose to any of those games. Denver quietly sucks; they had been eeking out games with a +4 turnover edge; yesterday they were -3 and nearly won. Tampa was a war also.

At least they beat the Bengals at full strength and are fun to watch. These other garbage teams im gonna have to find something else to do wildcard wknd if we don't get in. I couldn't believe Pittsburgh didn't get their usual compliment of bs 3rd down flags and fumble recoveries to bail them out.

you almost find an easier path to the playoffs by winning the div than by making a WC

Miami loses to bills ravens cowboys but you need a tenn win this week for that faint hope unless the Bills are gonna win out.

The brotherly shove should def be outlawed. Same thing with the rugby scrum where the pile moves ten yards into the end zone. Player safety. lol
and it's not just short yardage scrums anymore. it is now commonplace for o-linemen to come crashing in full speed from behind on a downfield tackle to try to advance a runner. whether he wants it or not.

and it's not just short yardage scrums anymore. it is now commonplace for o-linemen to come crashing in full speed from behind on a downfield tackle to try to advance a runner. whether he wants it or not.
Sounds like football.

Its interesting that they let the 300 lineman come crashing into piles as no problem but you do as a dlineman you probably get in trouble.

really once it becomes a scrum they should just call the play dead, and remove the pushing aspect from the plays like it used to be,

Its interesting that they let the 300 lineman come crashing into piles as no problem but you do as a dlineman you probably get in trouble.

really once it becomes a scrum they should just call the play dead, and remove the pushing aspect from the plays like it used to be,
I think it’s weak. If it’s so difficult to stop why are the Eagles the only team that runs the tush push?

I think it’s weak. If it’s so difficult to stop why are the Eagles the only team that runs the tush push?

They definitely aren't the only team that runs it. I saw it several times in a few different games yesterday. The Bills have run it a number of times this year, with Gabe Davis being the main "pusher."

They definitely aren't the only team that runs it. I saw it several times in a few different games yesterday. The Bills have run it a number of times this year, with Gabe Davis being the main "pusher."
No other team runs it nearly as successful as Philly and I don’t think Buffalo runs it every fourth and 1. I watch the Bills as much as anyone because i
married into a Bills fan family and I definitely don’t remember them running it like Philly does. Adding more rules to the rule book is dumb and recipe
for disaster. The officials can’t even call everything correctly on their plate now.

No other team runs it nearly as successful as Philly and I don’t think Buffalo runs it every fourth and 1. I watch the Bills as much as anyone because i
married into a Bills fan family and I definitely don’t remember them running it like Philly does. Adding more rules to the rule book is dumb and recipe
for disaster. The officials can’t even call everything correctly on their plate now.

Well we don't run it every 4th and 1 because we are idiots and like to go shotgun and throw an impossible pass that needs pinpoint accuracy to be completed. It was always a rule until 2005. It's still illegal at the high school level, I believe.

Well we don't run it every 4th and 1 because we are idiots and like to go shotgun and throw an impossible pass that needs pinpoint accuracy to be completed. It was always a rule until 2005. It's still illegal at the high school level, I believe.
It was. They got rid of the rule because the officials couldn’t officiate it right. I’m a big believer in the less rules the better(for the most part). I watched Dallas/Seattle Thursday and the officials threw about 25 flags. It was a rough watch.

the whole Div is 7-5/ 6-6

The Bills need the Jets/NE/Chargers/Balt to step up this week

Posted this on the NFL thread, but it’s probably just as relevant here:

Houston plays the Jets and Titans twice. I think they likely get to at least 10. At this point they may be better than Cleveland so I could see them winning that game too.

The Colts schedule is much tougher. They go to Cincy and Atlanta while getting the Texans and Steelers at home. The Raiders are their most winnable game. I'm thinking 9 is the most likely number they end up with, but 10 is certainly possible.

I had thought the Bengals were cooked going into last night, but now I'm not so sure as Browning looks at least as good as Minshew. They play the Colts this weekend. If they win I could see them with 9 or 10. If they lose I think they are cooked.

Cleveland still has the Bears and Jets. As long as they get average QB play they most likely end up with 9. They have the Jags this weekend, the Texans, and Bengals which could be a huge game to end the season. I think its a safe bet at least one of Cleveland/Cincinnati get in.

I think Pittsburgh is awful, but they somehow have 7 wins. They'll beat the Patriots to have 8, but the schedule to end is Indy, Cincy, Seattle and Baltimore. I could see them losing all 4, but I would guess they find at least one other win in there somewhere.

The Broncos get the Chargers twice, Patriots, Raiders and Lions. They will at least get 3 wins to put them at 9

Buffalo needs to ensure themselves that they have a better record than Denver or Cincinnati since they lost to them head to head. 9 wins likely won't get it done. They will need to go 2-1 against KC/Dallas/Miami and not slip up against NE or in LA. I'm sure this will all come right down to the last weekend.

Last edited:
the whole Div is 7-5/ 6-6

The Bills need the Jets/NE/Chargers/Balt to step up this week
Houston is going to make it. You're probably wasting your time rooting against them. The Chargers beating Denver helps, but it also gets them back in the hunt. Baltimore doesn't play any of the potential WC teams until the last week of the season when they play Pittsburgh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom