Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

I'm not clear on how the Bills don't control their own destiny. Buffalo, Houston and Indy are all 8-6. But Indy and Houston play each other the last week of the season so one team has to lose. How do the Bills not automatically clinch the playoffs if they go 11-6?

They do control it

Per NYT it's like a >99% chance if they win out

Last edited:
I'm not clear on how the Bills don't control their own destiny. Buffalo, Houston and Indy are all 8-6. But Indy and Houston play each other the last week of the season so one team has to lose. How do the Bills not automatically clinch the playoffs if they go 11-6?

There appears to literally only be one scenario where the Bills winning out doesn’t result in a playoff appearance:

Cinci/Clev/Hou got very lucky. It could have really helped Bills even more.

Bills need to win the next 2 and then see what happens. Miami may also have a spot locked up

Cinci/Clev/Hou got very lucky. It could have really helped Bills even more.

Bills need to win the next 2 and then see what happens. Miami may also have a spot locked up
Extremely lucky. If even 1 lose I feel much better tonight.

Might be the best team and not even make the playoffs now.

Just win out. 11 win teams deserve to be in the playoffs. Anything 10 and under and you're almost always going to chance it and leave it up to other teams to help you out (unless you win a crappy division).

Just win out. 11 win teams deserve to be in the playoffs. Anything 10 and under and you're almost always going to chance it and leave it up to other teams to help you out (unless you win a crappy division).
agreed, they have to win the next two and see what the Miami game means when they get there. If they win out, they will make it. If they don't then they aren't as good right now as everyone seems to think they are. I am not taking either of these next two games for granted considering what we have witnessed on the field this year with the Bills. But the Bills have the right mindset that their playoffs started with the KC game

There is so much football left, teams playing one another etc, just don't know but obviously 11-6 has a 99% chance of making the playoffs from what it looks like. 10-7 is very dicey.

A lot depends on what Miami does the next two weeks as well.

Ya I mean if Week 18 is a playoff game then that's what it is; I don't get the worrying.
Worst case scenario is Dallas lays another egg next week and the Ravens take some crushing injuries in SF Christmas night. Hardest I've rooted for Dallas since the Leon Lett game, gulp.

I honestly think the Eagles are a Rich man's '22 Vikings. Washington & Dallas moved it at will on them, Jefferson with his touchback fumble, 230yds in KC, the Jets didn't even have their starting CB's.. There's something in the Pennsylvania water, it's just insane how much of a luckbox heater they're on.

The Vikings had a negative point differential. The Eagles are still plus 64 which is good for 7th in the league and they've beat every top team they've faced.

I think you can take some value to it as I said above, but like the Cowboys it was built on beating garbage teams outside of the Miami game. I get that is what good teams are suppose to do, but after a while when you lose every big game maybe it's more than football luck the reason you are losing.
What do you know the Pennsylvania voodoo had a shelf life. Shocking.

So many paths to the playoffs.. I think at this point want the browns to win out and help take out Houston and Cinci. KC winning probably helps as well.

In Buffalo - everywhere on NBC.
Right I meant 'Cuse. I recall at one time it was in the 'market' or at least non sellouts were blacked out. Don't think that's the case anymore, not sure.

Right I meant 'Cuse. I recall at one time it was in the 'market' or at least non sellouts were blacked out. Don't think that's the case anymore, not sure.
Yeah just Buffalo. Rochester won't get it without Peacock, so no way in Syracuse.

Yeah just Buffalo. Rochester won't get it without Peacock, so no way in Syracuse.

And of course I will be in Syracuse instead of Buffalo on Saturday night. I wonder how many Syracuse bars will think they will be showing the game but don't realize it's exclusively on Peacock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom