Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Mahomes and Reid have brain damage

The bad call was the Murray supposed catch fumble out of bounds.
Which history will forget .. didn’t result in any points. I’m already receiving texts from the couple chiefs fans I know claiming tainted victory because of the Murray catch . They forgot we then lost yards and punted

Which history will forget .. didn’t result in any points. I’m already receiving texts from the couple chiefs fans I know claiming tainted victory because of the Murray catch . They forgot we then lost yards and punted

Yes, the Bills wound up punting from worse field position than if the play had been ruled incomplete

Couple of points.
My God I've never seen such whiny bitches.
Of course it was a penalty.
The Chiefs of all teams are complaining about calls?
The guy never looked at the ref.
Now I could be wrong on this but I always thought when a WR would look over at the ref it was to see if he needed to move in order to have the proper number of players on the line of scrimmage.

Couple of points.
My God I've never seen such whiny bitches.
Of course it was a penalty.
The Chiefs of all teams are complaining about calls?
The guy never looked at the ref.
Now I could be wrong on this but I always thought when a WR would look over at the ref it was to see if he needed to move in order to have the proper number of players on the line of scrimmage.

I get the frustration in the moment, but totally agree here - Chiefs have benefited from officiating more than any team for the last five years. Crying about a call where their idiot WR lines up past the freakin’ ball and gets called offsides is really bad form on their part.

I disagree with this. It’s a cut-and-dry, black-and-white, rule. Either you are onsides, or you’re not. Were Bills fans complaining about the 12 men on the field call against the Broncos?

When I was still coaching, we taught the WR to say to the line judge, "I'm on." LJ says move up, or move back or you're good. I don't know whether that's done anymore, but that was with HS kids. At the NCAA and pro level I expect players to be able to know where they are on the field. Furthermore, KC is apparently leading the league in drops, and Toney is the prime offender. Maybe he should have been a DB?

he was a full yd ahead of everyone else on his team. no reason to even be playing with it..

The brilliant and nasaly voiced Courtney Cronin today on Around the Horn
"Bills are 11th in the conference, tied with teams with the exact same record as them"
This is the type of deep statistical analysis that separates the professionals from us.
those sideline girls are not just eye candy. i'm not making this up.

I disagree with this. It’s a cut-and-dry, black-and-white, rule. Either you are onsides, or you’re not. Were Bills fans complaining about the 12 men on the field call against the Broncos?
I think that's a fair point and agree with you.

Probably the broader context is it feels like often "black and white" rules are called subjectively week to week (and sometimes within each game)...and fair or not, it feels like Buffalo has been on the losing end of that multiple times this season (I'm not including the 12 men call in this reference, as you point out no one griped at the officials about that, myself included). It would have been difficult to swallow it happening again, but you are correct that the rule itself is quite clear (and Toney was clearly offsides).

The dude is a full yard ahead of the WR on the other side.. Technically he needs to be behind the centers head so a good 2 ft off sides.

Untitled.jpg

Everyone brings up the SB but it's so much more than that. Nice little trip down recent memory lane. I remembered some of these but forgot about the laughable Sutton OPI. The team was basically gifted all 3 home games vs their crappy division last year.

As we all have seen the lines are sometimes a yd or so off what is really a line.

Giants Twitter ripping on Kadarius Toney has been pretty hilarious. Giants haven't been the most well run organization recently, but it kinda looks like them bailing on a first round pick to just get some late round picks may not have been a bad idea.

What the Chiefs should be mad about is they thought they were getting a steal in that trade and they could turn Toney into a legit WR1. What they got was a mediocre headcase who isn't worth the picks they gave up - and who just cost them a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom