Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Pretty crazy the Bills couldn’t get that last yard though. That definitely came Miami some momentum and a shot. Need to ditch the jumping on that. The play is all about leg drive and jumping takes that away.

Would have been fitting if we lost after not converting the play that has like a 95% success rate.

Pretty crazy the Bills couldn’t get that last yard though. That definitely came Miami some momentum and a shot. Need to ditch the jumping on that. The play is all about leg drive and jumping takes that away.

Would have been fitting if we lost after not converting the play that has like a 95% success rate.
I think they just went to the well too many times. Needed a full yard, Miami was selling out. Pitch out should've been an easy first.

I've seen a lot of what I think is dumb criticism lately on various coaches not running to kill the clock. That series is why it's ok to throw on 1st or 2nd down. You need one more first down and everything else pales in importance. Staying in bounds and making them burn time outs gets you kudos from announcers but it still gives them the ball back with 2minutes left when you don't move the chains.

In addition the straight sneak with Fournette pushing Josh Allen for a yard is play that if it doesn't work that everybody in their right mind could live with. It most likely works because even if he gets stopped originally, Fournette pushes him for at least a yard, just odd play but par for the course.

On to the Steelers where yet again nothing would surprise me, a 21 point win or a 17-13 loss

I maintain, that watching the 2023 Bills is like just an uncomfortable 3.5 hours.

Why wouldn't it? That seems like a weird rules quirk if that's the case.
it depends on the time left in the game as to whether a penalty stops the clock or not. the end of each half being different rules. then again another section under 2 min where a penalty on the D again doesnt stop the clock depending on the choice of the offense.

Josh just needed to barge forwarded IMO. Defense was playing great so I was still confident they were going to win

Get ready for a rematch. This game is dunzo

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Why wouldn't it? That seems like a weird rules quirk if that's the case.
Based on the rule if under 5' it doesn't run whether penalty is declined or accepted. That's what the bills radio has said today.

Based on the rule if under 5' it doesn't run whether penalty is declined or accepted. That's what the bills radio has said today.
yup.

until it gets down to under 1 min and then it can be started again. which is another loophole in the rules unless they changed that one as well as the Belichik delay rule they already fixed.

I'm seeing cloudy and cold with 15-25 mph winds, but no precipitation.
The '21 parallels are starting to get gross. The Tampa/Philly ref job @nfc team. Remember freaking about the forecast for the NE game, at least I did.

so, the defense can go offsides on 3rd & 9 to stop the clock?

so, the defense can go offsides on 3rd & 9 to stop the clock?
Maybe not on a penalty that happens before snap? Not sure. It was unfortunate the hold was on a play we got a first anyway but if we didn't get it, I'd gladly take that auto first down and the clock stopped.

I was saying this to someone last night... how does THIS team lose to the Broncos, Pats, Jets? Jags loss is somewhat acceptable given the London nonsense and the crazy injuries. Bengals own the Bills. Eagles game shoulda coulda been a win if a certain RB doesn't drop an EASY TD pass. This is a 14-3/15-2 team masquerading as a 11-6 team. What's even crazier is in how many of those games they had the lead with <2mins to go.

But as Belichek says you are who your record says you are.

The '21 parallels are starting to get gross. The Tampa/Philly ref job @nfc team. Remember freaking about the forecast for the NE game, at least I did.
Oh I forgot about the Saturday Week 18 Melvin Gordon fumble! Thankfully this one didn't hurt. I wonder if he'll kill us indirectly for the Raiders or Titans next year.

I was saying this to someone last night... how does THIS team lose to the Broncos, Pats, Jets? Jags loss is somewhat acceptable given the London nonsense and the crazy injuries. Bengals own the Bills. Eagles game shoulda coulda been a win if a certain RB doesn't drop an EASY TD pass. This is a 14-3/15-2 team masquerading as a 11-6 team. What's even crazier is in how many of those games they had the lead with <2mins to go.

I just disagree, this team is OK but makes too many mistakes on offense. They are a 11-6 team because they don't really put it together on the offensive side of the ball consistently and leave way too many points on the field. McDermott and the defense deserve a lot of credit for over achieving on defense considering they probably lost their 3 best players in a 2 week time frame. The pick up of Douglas was great as well and probably saved the D. They have a really high ceiling which you have seen in 2-3 games but other than that pretty average team.

Bills fans tend to sweep Allen's turnovers under the rug as well. It's an issue and has been since Daboll left because the offense seems wildly inconsistent since he left

The Steelers game is just another game where anything could happen. Won't be surprised if they win big or lose in a rock fight with the same offense that we saw last night. You can't score 14 points with the way they moved the football last night

Last edited:

IIRC Oliver missed the NE game and Rousseau was playing hurt. That was beyond ridiculous cluster injuries; it'd be like if Miami were missing Wilkins on top of everyone else last night. McD was also still trying to adjust to being without Milano & White.
Allen was on the take for the Jets game. Denver total fluke, turnovers.
It feels so good none of that really matters now. Like the Hail Murray, didn't ultimately matter for seeding.

Defensive injuries, turnovers, and Dorsey's inconsistent playcalling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom