Buh Bye Fab | Syracusefan.com

Buh Bye Fab

Cuse4

Scout Team
He has looked flat out unbelievable lately... even the post move where he was blocked, and other thatwas a little strong looked good... I'm sure NBA scouts are taking note... How many 7 footers are in the league that can do what he can do? I don't see how he isn't a lottery... He really needs touches from here on out... Might be hard to get him touches vs a Lville, but against others, absolutely!

i don't know why anyone who watched the game would say he dominated. and if you can't dominate dieng...
well good luck next year against the big boyz .

Dieng is very good defensively and tonight should've reinforced that...4 blocks, 10 reb. I think Fab's best move was that great drive/layup that Dieng blocked. Looked really mobile.

i don't know why anyone who watched the game would say he dominated. and if you can't dominate dieng...
well good luck next year against the big boyz .

Nobody really has dominated Dieng. He's good defensively and poor on offense usually.

Dieng is very good defensively and tonight should've reinforced that...4 blocks, 10 reb. I think Fab's best move was that great drive/layup that Dieng blocked. Looked really mobile.
This.

I thought it was Fair/Southerland at first. That shot got blocked but he moved like a G/F out there.

i think melo has a lot off issues that the Pros will expose.. he has yet to actually stop a big man all year 1-1.. he is best in the zone and when he can handle the lobs. he hasnt really shown he can make his own moves and finish.. but someone will convince him to run and grab the money and some team will take a flyer on a guy that fouls out of games he actually has to guard people..

If every "Melo" we recruit leaves us early after helping us to a NC...
Just sayin'

This.

I thought it was Fair/Southerland at first. That shot got blocked but he moved like a G/F out there.

Yep, that's a BIG NBA move. I think he started that drive on the baseline close to the 3pt line.

i think melo has a lot off issues that the Pros will expose.. he has yet to actually stop a big man all year 1-1.. he is best in the zone and when he can handle the lobs. he hasnt really shown he can make his own moves and finish.. but someone will convince him to run and grab the money and some team will take a flyer on a guy that fouls out of games he actually has to guard people..
You know squat.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Yep, that's a BIG NBA move. I think he started that drive on the baseline close to the 3pt line.
He did. He caught it in post-position about 20 feet from the rim; but he made the first step and was by his defender and had a clean look at the rim.

you guys kidding? Fab was the best player on the court... Ricky would take Fab over Dieng in a heartbeat

If Anthony Davis dunked that ball that he dunked on the break from the Big East logo it would be the no1 play and ESPN would be showing it/ talking about it all week

He has looked flat out unbelievable lately... even the post move where he was blocked, and other thatwas a little strong looked good... I'm sure NBA scouts are taking note... How many 7 footers are in the league that can do what he can do? I don't see how he isn't a lottery... He really needs touches from here on out... Might be hard to get him touches vs a Lville, but against others, absolutely!
To me, he has shown one very big weakness--his apparent unwillingness to go after rebounds with 2 hands. He likes to reach and tap the ball around. Fine if you are a guard. Very bad if you are 7 feet.

Patrick Young isn't a good big man? Pope from Seton Hall isn't a good man? He did a pretty good job against Drummond but I guess Fab didn't stop them at all.

dieng played all 40 and committed 2 fouls. draw if not edge to gorgui. which soph should jump?

If Anthony Davis dunked that ball that he dunked on the break from the Big East logo it would be the no1 play and ESPN would be showing it/ talking about it all week

He should be able to do that. He'a freaking 7 feet with momentum going forward. Fab had a nice game. Fair was just as valuable tonight.

Patrick Young isn't a good big man? Pope from Seton Hall isn't a good man? He did a pretty good job against Drummond but I guess Fab didn't stop them at all.

He did fine against the first two. Drummond was starting to dominate pre-injury.

dieng played all 40 and committed 2 fouls. draw if not edge to gorgui. which soph should jump?
U can't even compare the 2, Fab lightyears better cmon

U can't even compare the 2, Fab lightyears better cmon

Yes you can. Fab has more potential. Look at Dieng's numbers the whole season. He's not some stiff. He had a bad offensive game tonight. 10 reb and 4 blocks, though. Fab?? Duh.

NBA drafts on potential and if you cant see the potential in Fab then you need more than your eyes checked. I dont expect Fab to come in and dominate but in 2-3 years he could be a pretty good Center for someone. 7 foot centers dont grow on trees (ask the Knicks who paid through the nose for Chandler) and a lottery team will probably *invest* a pick on him to pay dividends down the road.

I know this horse has been beaten to death, but one more time:

How ready for the NBA game Fab is has absolutely no bearing on his ability to be a high draft pick after the season.

I know this horse has been beaten to death, but one more time:

How ready for the NBA game Fab is has absolutely no bearing on his ability to be a high draft pick after the season.
I think he's ready to contribute right away... He can be an Ian Mahinmi type right away if on the right team

well where exactly (give or take 5 spots) would you project this project in the 2012 draft?
i'll simply maintain he's not ready to jump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom