Burn it all down. This is rock bottom | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Burn it all down. This is rock bottom

Could be worse, right? We could be 0-7 like Louisville.

m8NMLk.gif

Every recruiter is a salesman. Have you ever heard of a kid having a bad visit? Every recruiter wants to be your best friend. N Carolina and Duke could be coached by Atilla the Hun and still out-recruit us in the ACC

If recruiting was all about kids feelings towards the coach, small schools would be on equal footing with the elite schools. The most important factor is the prestige of the school.

Our MOJO as Beast of the East along with our rivalries propelled our recruiting. We no longer have them as selling points. I don't expect recruits to choose us based on some charm initiative or a personable new coach.

Babers is personable but he cannot get enough talent. I do not forsee a magic pill for basketball. On the bright side, the cash is good for strengthening other sports and football would have died without the ACC

The reason why I said it was a terrible analogy is because usually when you buy a car the salesman’s part ends when you drive off the lot. In recruiting once you sign on the line the salesman is an integral part of your life for the next year a least. The recruiter IS a big part of the whole package.

Here’s my main issue with where things are right now. There is no brand of basketball right now. All these other teams you watch there is a style and a brand that they are known for. Can’t say SU is known for the 2-3 anymore because now its a joke bc coaches know how to coach a lot better. To think that JB is literally going to be better than anybody else as a coach right now is insane. It’s over for him. For those who are afraid of someone else, literally losing is losing and right now how they are losing is different than I have ever seen before.

All these others coaches have created an identity for their teams and players. Tonight was the epitome of rock bottom where the coach simply CANNOT put his players in a position to win. From there, you have to look yourself in the mirror and realize you’re not that good of a coach anymore. The run has been amazing, what you have done is amazing, but you are suppose to leave a program better than what you arrived and please do that now before you completely sink it JB
Agree. I’m by and large a loyal and patient person by nature. But there’s loyal, and then there’s delusional. Afraid we have reached the latter.

Do people actually think Boeheim will step down mid season just because his team stinks?

Have we not learned anything about this man in his 50 years on the hill?
Announcing retirement mid season is different than stepping down mid season. Overwhelming majority here just want him to announce. But we all know he won’t because JB likes to JB.

Agree. I’m by and large a loyal and patient person by nature. But there’s loyal, and then there’s delusional. Afraid we have reached the latter.
Last year it took Swider more than half the season to get playing at the level where he was on the NBA radar and he had played 2 years at Villanova and was coached by Jay Wright. Don't all these frosh in this class get some slack before you pass judgement on them and Boeheim?

Could be worse, right? We could be 0-7 like Louisville.

m8NMLk.gif
I dislike UL. However, I see them building back really quickly and being a top 15 program in 1-2 years. Even with a new coach next year, I think we have a longer run before seeing the top 25 again.

I dislike UL. However, I see them building back really quickly and being a top 15 program in 1-2 years. Even with a new coach next year, I think we have a longer run before seeing the top 25 again.
Interesting. The’ve been saying the same thing since they hired Mack. They’ve been quite worse than us the past 3 seasons.

Ok we hire a new coach and his first game is November 2023.

You don’t think we can be a top 25 team by November 2025? In college basketball?

Ok we hire a new coach and his first game is November 2023.

You don’t think we can be a top 25 team by November 2025? In college basketball?
I just seeing UL being a top 15 team before we sniff the top 25

Last year it took Swider more than half the season to get playing at the level where he was on the NBA radar and he had played 2 years at Villanova and was coached by Jay Wright. Don't all these frosh in this class get some slack before you pass judgement on them and Boeheim?
The past several years I have stayed the course, but I am of the opinion that it is time. Nothing against JB at all. I appreciate all he has done for the university and us as fans. I just don’t want to see him stay too long.

The past several years I have stayed the course, but I am of the opinion that it is time. Nothing against JB at all. I appreciate all he has done for the university and us as fans. I just don’t want to see him stay too long.
Too late.
The frosh automatically get some slack because well, they're Frosh. JB is a known entity. Whatever "slack" he's earned after all these years is slowly and steadily eroding. The idea that he has unlimited amounts of slack is why we're here in the first place.

There is slack, then there is blind obedience.
I have seen enough to know the predictable result of a continuation of the status quo. All things must end, well apparently JAB is the Universities exception.
A win over a Notre Dame team that did little to impress me is not a turning point IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom