Buss in the doghouse today? | Syracusefan.com

Buss in the doghouse today?

I was wondering the same thing. He has a nice spot up jumper and aggresive defense to deserve some minutes. This team has alot of nice spot up jumpshooters we just got to get them open. Maybe the problem today was not only Gbinije being back but also McCullough and Rak in foul trouble.

I truly believe cooney, buss, Bj, Gbinije, could make this our best spot up jumpshooting team possibly ever. Add in McCullough Joseph, and Roberson to a lesser extent and we really can push that theory.

This team really needs to work on getting the ball right in the shooters hands in perfect position so they don't need to adjust much before they shoot. It will come with time. BJ, Gbinije, Cooney and Buss do not look young in terms of their spot up jumper.

No. He just didn't make shots today. Just not his night, so JB adjusted accordingly. He'll have plenty of nights where he's on offensively and gets more minutes.

I don't specifically recall him even playing in the 2nd half--did he?

No. He just didn't make shots today. Just not his night, so JB adjusted accordingly. He'll have plenty of nights where he's on offensively and gets more minutes.

I don't specifically recall him even playing in the 2nd half--did he?
No, and that's why I posed the question - especially with neither Cooney nor Joseph playing particularly well

He only took 2 shots lol, hard to say it wasnt on...,just didnt play enough. Cooney getting 36 mins and Patterson maybe 3-5 is puzzling imo.
Not really. Cooney is an experienced veteran who does a lot of things. Buss can get there eventually I'm sure, but he's not on the same level as an all-around basketball player as Cooney right now.

llandz ..in the chatroom mentioned that she thought she saw him rubbing and flexing his shoulder early in the first half, like it was sore.
ahhh, see? that mustve been it

Cuse'91 said:
Not sure that really effects Buss; BJ played all his minutes @ the 3, and G played most of his @ the 3 as well...

Just repeating what JB said.

I think Buss got more time the last game because Mike G was out.

llandz ..in the chatroom mentioned that she thought she saw him rubbing and flexing his shoulder early in the first half, like it was sore.
I saw that too after a play in the first half but didn't think much of it till you mentioned it.

Not really. Cooney is an experienced veteran who does a lot of things. Buss can get there eventually I'm sure, but he's not on the same level as an all-around basketball player as Cooney right now.

Totally agree, just wish he could get some more minutes in a game like this before conference play to accelerate the improvement

I think it was a combination of just about everything that was said in this thread. The rotation will depend on a game by game situation and how players are playing.

I noticed it too. They showed him walking in front of a Hampton player during a close up prior to a break in play wincing and grabbing his right shoulder

Cooney is the new Triche. I hope Malachi is prepared for <5 mpg next year. We will then marvel at the "miraculous" sophomore leap that Malachi made and credit it to JB's great coaching.

Cooney is the new Triche. I hope Malachi is prepared for <5 mpg next year. We will then marvel at the "miraculous" sophomore leap that Malachi made and credit it to JB's great coaching.
If Malachi is ready to play he will. Do we really doubt that JB plays freshman when ready?

statsgrad said:

What was wrong with Triche? Malachi will probably start next year or at least get solid minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom