But the Freshman QB doesn’t understand the offense | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

But the Freshman QB doesn’t understand the offense

Like I said before your 25-30 yards from fg range you need a couple big chunks. Had Tom dumped it down for 5 yards and the Bucs ran out of time and didn't get in fg range he gets killed for that.
Like I said before there was plenty of time to run 3-4 more plays after they get a first down. Stop making excuses for a clear mental mistake.

Do they start behind an OL with 7 scholarship players, one that has played FB most of his career here? Black and white isn't so black and white when you look at it. You can keep saying this over and over but we don't play in a vacuum. Our offense is crap, our line is so patchworked together that we apparently almost didn't even have a season. Limited fall practice due to sit-outs and an entire offense learning a new system? Sorry but to assume a true frosh should just step up into that position is ignoring the reality of our locker room. Fool's gold at best.

what are you talking about our offensive line is as healthy as it’s been all year. This is the offensive line that would have started the season. If you are afraid to play a QB behind a fully healthy offensive line then we have other problems (which we obviously have).

Players aren’t robots, we have such a distorted view of players and games. It’s amazing how many people played a sport and still think games/player performance/etc should be near flawless.

This was a colossal mistake by Rex but who cares. He’s playing as hard as he has the physical tools to. I’m more passed at the WR’s barely attempting to get back to the line with time running down. That’s something to actually be p*ssed about and is inexcusable.

If we're being 100% honest, if we were 8-1 at the time, instead of 1-8, I feel like people wouldn't be as forgiving.

My reaction was disbelief followed by laughter a few minutes later, because that play was a microcosm of 2020 and our football season. Had our record been reversed, it's likely my remote wouldn't have survived, my children would have learned new words and I'd have been miserable for much longer than I was.

Okay it wasn’t 900.

If anyone wants a laugh and a cry here you go. Note the color guy absolutely trashing us with good reason. Robinson should have been fired before he left the dome.

I think this game is my first vivid memory of being in the Dome and comprehending what I was watching.
I usually blame my parents for making me the way that I am but 9 year old me experiencing this definitely didn't help.

I think this game is my first vivid memory of being in the Dome and comprehending what I was watching.
I usually blame my parents for making me the way that I am but 9 year old me experiencing this definitely didn't help.
Did we ever learn why Brinkley wasn’t in the game?

Okay it wasn’t 900.

If anyone wants a laugh and a cry here you go. Note the color guy absolutely trashing us with good reason. Robinson should have been fired before he left the dome.

I live in Iowa and was at a game day party...lemme tell you what. We were so bad in those days that my Hawkeye friends were embarrassed that we were even in the game. One guy finished listening to it on the radio in his car. The 35 nil drubbing the following year in Iowa was worse. I hate Iowa fans for the most part anyway...well, not my wife or daughter so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom