Class of 2018 - C Brendan Medley-Bacon (MD) / Transfer from Coppin St. | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Brendan Medley-Bacon (MD) / Transfer from Coppin St.

Cuse_NYC

Starter
He seems intriguing. 7’1, not completely rail thin. Moves well. Seemed to play a bunch in a high ball screen offense. Will be a Junior... I suppose he will have to sit out a year? This looks like a guy worth taking on. Especially with a year to sit. Let him get stronger and battle in practice. Avg’d 7.5/8.9/2.1 blocks. Search Coppin St. basketball on youtube, tons of full games
-
Via rotowire
Medley-Bacon finished his sophomore season on a tear, averaging 14.0 points, 12.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 2.3 assists in 33.8 minutes per game over Coppin State's final six contests. His 7-foot-1, 245-pound frame should make him an intriguing pickup for a number of teams, so expect Medley-Bacon to have no shortage of suitors as he enters the portal. Unless he receives a waiver from the NCAA, Medley-Bacon will likely have to sit out next season before debuting at his next school in 2021-22 with two years of eligibility remaining.

Keith Henry on Twitter

Keith Henry on Twitter

Tough to get excited about a 2 star from Coppin State who has to redshirt a year. Can he do anything besides dunk? The staff must not be very confident that the current high school centers they're offering in the junior class are gonna work out.

I’m shocked people are actually intrigued to be okay with the fact of getting a transfer from Coppin State...

If he's the 14/12/3 guy he was in his last 6 games, I'd take a flyer. Even if it's Coppin State, they're probably playing better comp than most AAUs or prep school squads.

1585795388368.png

I’m shocked people are actually intrigued to be okay with the fact of getting a transfer from Coppin State...

Man, if we're going to go mid-major, might as well go all the way mid-major! Mixing in an elite talent like Eli sure didn't work!

He seems intriguing. 7’1, not completely rail thin. Moves well. Seemed to play a bunch in a high ball screen offense. Will be a Junior... I suppose he will have to sit out a year? This looks like a guy worth taking on. Especially with a year to sit. Let him get stronger and battle in practice. Avg’d 7.5/8.9/2.1 blocks. Search Coppin St. basketball on youtube, tons of full games
-
Via rotowire
Medley-Bacon finished his sophomore season on a tear, averaging 14.0 points, 12.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 2.3 assists in 33.8 minutes per game over Coppin State's final six contests. His 7-foot-1, 245-pound frame should make him an intriguing pickup for a number of teams, so expect Medley-Bacon to have no shortage of suitors as he enters the portal. Unless he receives a waiver from the NCAA, Medley-Bacon will likely have to sit out next season before debuting at his next school in 2021-22 with two years of eligibility remaining.

Keith Henry on Twitter

Keith Henry on Twitter
History tells us that SU bigs don’t come with three names: Devin Brennan-McBride.

DBM was the not good 3 name center. On the positive side, I would take a Baye Moussa Keita any day of the week.

Hells yeah! :cool:
Love me some Baye.

aka:
Baye “Matrix” Keita
Baye “Crazy Eyes” Keita

...And JBA is still TBD. ;)

Tough to get excited about a 2 star from Coppin State who has to redshirt a year. Can he do anything besides dunk? The staff must not be very confident that the current high school centers they're offering in the junior class are gonna work out.
This staff is probably more comfortable in that 2-star range. Right in the meaty part of the curve. Not getting ahead, not falling behind.

I think the first question to ask before we debate the quality of this transfer option is if the interest here is mutual, or, is this another similar situation to the kid transfering from St. Peter's?

these are all from March it seems so idk how much contact we have with him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom