Class of 2018 - C Brendan Medley-Bacon (MD) / Transfer from Coppin St. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Brendan Medley-Bacon (MD) / Transfer from Coppin St.

Was I the only one scanning his list and relieved when I didn't see SU on it:). Boeheim and company know what they want in a recruit and are not going to "reach" just to fill the position. That's what leads to unhappy players who end up transferring out. I thought Howard Washington was a bit of a reach but the opportunities were there for him to show what he had.

Was I the only one scanning his list and relieved when I didn't see SU on it:). Boeheim and company know what they want in a recruit and are not going to "reach" just to fill the position. That's what leads to unhappy players who end up transferring out. I thought Howard Washington was a bit of a reach but the opportunities were there for him to show what he had.

I get what your saying...but they did show some interest in him and then cut ties. Obviously they wanted better and made that choice but he was on their radar and gave him a look. But like you said, they dont need to "reach" for any recruit just to fill the spot. That's a bad recruiting strategy. They know what they want!

Another guy clearly not good enough. We don't need a warm body at C. Unless someone is clearly better there's no reason to bring them in.
I agree. If we can get a one year player that is an upgrade, I am all for it. Otherwise, I would rather have our other centers get the playing time to develop.

I think this will be a missed opportunity. I watched his tape and didn’t need to see much. Has loads of potential. He will be one I’ll watch no matter where he ends up.

Another guy clearly not good enough. We don't need a warm body at C. Unless someone is clearly better there's no reason to bring them in.
I see what your doing and it's cool. Your right, none of these went anywhere and all ended up at small time programs and no where close to acc caliber schools. But wasnt it so much fun reading all the nonsense the past few days LOL.

True. They have been trying to bring in another big that part has been obvious. A 4th guard would be nice and there is some possibilities there. Time will tell. They r doing work! Heck it's all they have time to do right now is scout players lol. #quarantinescoutitng
A 4th guard would be less important to me than a big IMO. We already have 2 guards who are penciled in for 30+mpg each then Kadary off the bench. Griffin can also play guard minutes if needed . 4th guards just don’t do well here, even a guy like HoWash who was a lifelong Cuse fan and knew what his role would be ended up leaving. Griffin can steal minutes at guard if need be

A 4th guard would be less important to me than a big IMO. We already have 2 guards who are penciled in for 30+mpg each then Kadary off the bench. Griffin can also play guard minutes if needed . 4th guards just don’t do well here, even a guy like HoWash who was a lifelong Cuse fan and knew what his role would be ended up leaving. Griffin can steal minutes at guard if need be
Totally get what your saying and not going to disagree. Just putting it out there that theres a scenario where we have more depth at guard then most think.

Couldn’t possibly disagree more with this. No. 1... we don’t even know we have Griffin for next year yet. No. 2..l like Buddy but he is not a viable ball handling option. No. 3... Kadary will be a freshman. He looks extremely promising but we are not 100% sure he will be ready for the heavy load next year. That leaves 1 dependable ball handler for next year and 3 centers. One senior center who greatly improved toward the end of the year...1 promising soph who just needs to keep eating pasta and 1 red shirt fresh. Marek in a pinch.

Couldn’t possibly disagree more with this. No. 1... we don’t even know we have Griffin for next year yet. No. 2..l like Buddy but he is not a viable ball handling option. No. 3... Kadary will be a freshman. He looks extremely promising but we are not 100% sure he will be ready for the heavy load next year. That leaves 1 dependable ball handler for next year and 3 centers. One senior center who greatly improved toward the end of the year...1 promising soph who just needs to keep eating pasta and 1 red shirt fresh. Marek in a pinch.
I'm going to say Griffin will be eligible. With everything going and and the way things are trending it's looking promising. But yea, i guess it's still a possibility he has to sit. And again, we MIGHT have a 4th option. Some things need to play out first. No reason to panic...we'll be ok!

I'm going to say Griffin will be eligible. With everything going and and the way things are trending it's looking promising. But yea, i guess it's still a possibility he has to sit. And again, we MIGHT have a 4th option. Some things need to play out first. No reason to panic...we'll be ok!
One thing we know for certain, the NCAA will wait until two days after the season starts before telling SU whether or not Griffin is eligible. It’s their standard procedure when SU is involved. Duke/UNC will find out 2 years in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom