Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

At least it wouldn’t take a little time for to fill out enough to bang down low with the bigs from UNC & FSU.

Which is way more than what we have now.

Even if he had a Fab-esque trajectory, where he struggled a bit early, but got better and by the end of his Frosh season was impactful -
and then fully weaponized and dominant as a Soph.
He is 280 lbs. I think he could bang pretty good rather quickly. Moves pretty well for that size.

At least it wouldn’t take a little time for to fill out enough to bang down low with the bigs from UNC & FSU.

Which is way more than what we have now.

Even if he had a Fab-esque trajectory, where he struggled a bit early, but got better and by the end of his Frosh season was impactful -
and then fully weaponized and dominant as a Soph.
Yeah, that's it. He could very well follow that path. He even is shooting from the outside like Fab. I hope that is who our coaches are comparing him to. Letting him know, we have had centers like him, and we were very successful with those centers. And, when capable, we utilized them offensively and defensively.

I guess there are people from all sides of the spectrum. Pro? I don't know. Not yet.. Good enough to play for us...I think so

You can’t teach tall with that said what else does he need to learn?
How to play against the speed and size of D1 players. Hard to find at the high school level. That's why so many go to prep schools or places like Montverde or IMG. But, staying home in high school is important to this young man, so we won't get to see him against comparable size (lets face it, there aren't many his size) until the AAU circuit. That is when he will likely blow up even more.

My god he's big. This AAU season will be the true test. But, at the very least, he is a skilled BIG man. The only question, in my mind, is if he is ready day one, or he might take a little time to become a dominant big man.
JB has been quoted as saying he would start for us this year

Kid is huge

Gotta say, I'd hate to have to play against him. I see a jump hook either hand, 3 point shooting ability, couple of floaters, foot work, driving ability, low block dominance against the double and triple team, actually plays defense, runs the floor, excellent passing vision and high basketball IQ...But? He is clearly average because he doesn't play against anyone...lol.

Gotta say, I'd hate to have to play against him. I see a jump hook either hand, 3 point shooting ability, couple of floaters, foot work, driving ability, low block dominance against the double and triple team, actually plays defense, runs the floor, excellent passing vision and high basketball IQ...But? He is clearly average because he doesn't play against anyone...lol.
There will be a lot of people eating crow half way through the AAU season. He obviously works hard and our coaches, especially JB, saw not just his size, but his skill first hand and offered him quickly. First, if I’m not mistaken. I hope he pick Syracuse, because he is physically ready to contribute day one. Sometimes it takes a bit to catch up to the speed of D1, but I trust he is aware of that and will make the adjustments quickly.

You seem to be bothered by a few posters opinions. Don't be. It is the reason we have so many different flavors of ice cream. The proof will be in the pudding. Every big man plays against smaller guys at times in high school. I hope the kid chooses Syracuse. I think we could have a great 2022 class. one thing we know for sure, we have a coach that can take us far if we have the talent.

I was bothered, but not anymore. They have their view and I have to respect it. I will have mine and just have to leave it at that.
I think the thing most of us have learned over the past few years, if we didn’t know already, everyone has an opinion. And that’s ok. What I hope everyone remembers is, this young man is a junior in high school. He is developing. He is going to continue to improve. Basketball skills like vision and passing are instinctive and he has those skills already. There is maybe one guy in each class that combines his size with those skills. One program will be lucky enough to get him, I hope it’s us. Because, you surround him with the kind of athletes and shooters that we’re accumulating and that would be sick. The new Dome will be ROCKING!

He will have to break the habit most bigs have of bringing the ball down / dribble before going back up.

Catch it high, keep it high, and take it hard

But he'd be a hell of an anchor down low
High school coach used to refer to that habit as “that damn dribble”.

And I think we have another final four appearance if Arinze doesn't get hurt.
And you had Rick Jackson with him. Notice how almost all the good teams had real size with players who could bang inside.

The better Clingan plays the less likely we are to get him.

I don’t think that’s true. It may be, as I don’t know the Clingans. But, we’ve been recruiting him a long time and I think they probably value that. A hall-of-fame coach recognized his talent early, that has to factor in.

Although it will be tough to get him, I believe we have a good chance. The coaching staff talks go him and his dad regularly. That is a great sign. The communication is flowing consistently. Alot depends on that damn transfer portal too. Alot of temptation for coaches. Recruits respond to the choices made by ciaches.

we still have a good chance to land him just by going off the things he has said - ya know - the most trustworthy information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom