Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

I’d say our chances improve if he leaves for a prep school.

My educated guess is that he ends up at prep school. I'm under the impression he wants to win at Bristol, but he knows prep school is the better path for his future.

I'm not sure how much it affects the decision, but UConn fans have been pretty rough on Donovan already and the family has read all of it.

My educated guess is that he ends up at prep school. I'm under the impression he wants to win at Bristol, but he knows prep school is the better path for his future.

I'm not sure how much it affects the decision, but UConn fans have been pretty rough on Donovan already and the family has read all of it.
Gotta imagine Dior coming here (and possibly Westry) helps significantly for Clingan correct?

Gotta imagine Dior coming here (and possibly Westry) helps significantly for Clingan correct?

Good question. I also wonder if Dior has "his guys" he is pushing for more in terms of bigs and if that would impact Donovan? Just given they don't really know one another or interact much.

Clingan is like a hybrid of a good zone fit and a Notre Dame big like Mooney, Harangody and others whose name aren't coming to me who are a pain to deal with in general and put up big numbers.

Good question. I also wonder if Dior has "his guys" he is pushing for more in terms of bigs and if that would impact Donovan? Just given they don't really know one another or interact much.

Clingan is like a hybrid of a good zone fit and a Notre Dame big like Mooney, Harangody and others whose name aren't coming to me who are a pain to deal with in general and put up big numbers.
Dior and staff better meet and get agreement on who is at the top of the recruiting board for 21 and 22

Good read. I wonder if UConn has the inside track with how much of a homebody this kid is. Certainly can understand his affinity for being home. Obviously we aren't a long ways away but aren't backyard like UConn either. On the same note, his dad's comment about the relentless recruiting maybe could help us too. You know Hurley is like a fly on a turd given his personality.
Oh they lead according to you know where...he is another kid that just doesnt like JB.

bahaha, They lead for everyone

It's comical. They think they have both Clingan and Etienne lined up and nearly delivered. All because they supposedly hate Boeheim..

Some dude who says he grew up a Cuse fan and is now a husky over there too talking like he knows something about Cuse. It really is a good amateur hour comedy club over there.

It's comical. They think they have both Clingan and Etienne lined up and nearly delivered. All because they supposedly hate Boeheim..

Some dude who says he grew up a Cuse fan and is now a husky over there too talking like he knows something about Cuse. It really is a good amateur hour comedy club over there.

Guy who grew up a Cuse fan and is now a UConnvict fan clearly needs his head examined.

The whiny pups of the boneyard are going to be inconsolable if Clingan joins Dior and Chance on the hill. Or they will proclaim all 3 decommit for two years.

Sounds like a kid who would be a credit to our program on and off the court.
Seems to me that he expects to go away to college, which makes staying at his HS more important to him. Regardless of where he matriculates, he and his family are worth rooting for.

72EBE864-CD53-4860-839A-847D870F7BD0.png

Spoke with Donovan and his coach last night and I'll have something on his season/recruitment Thursday morning, but I'll drop some notes in here now:

-Big thing right now is he's 15 and just trying to enjoy playing basketball. He's very shy and quiet but he's coming around to the whole recruitment process and what it's like to blow up like this.
-He would really like to stay at Bristol all 4 years. He gets exposure on his AAU team, so he doesn't need to go to prep school right now.
-Says he loves playing the zone and they've been playing it at Bristol some. Coach says defensively he's always in the right position and that's what has gotten him so many blocks -- not just the length, though it helps. They play tight on the perimeter so he's asked to cover a lot of area inside.
-Likes the Dior commitment, but says it's a little far out to think about teaming up with anyone.
-I've asked about top schools over the last few months and the answer is always that it's too early -- I think that's an actual real answer in this case. I've been told SU is at/near the top but he has to sit down after the season and actually go through the process of picking schools.
-Asked about Boehiem and 2022 and he says Jim staying/leaving will be a major part of his decision. Autry is the primary and they have a great relationship, but he really likes JB.

Spoke with Donovan and his coach last night and I'll have something on his season/recruitment Thursday morning, but I'll drop some notes in here now:

-Big thing right now is he's 15 and just trying to enjoy playing basketball. He's very shy and quiet but he's coming around to the whole recruitment process and what it's like to blow up like this.
-He would really like to stay at Bristol all 4 years. He gets exposure on his AAU team, so he doesn't need to go to prep school right now.
-Says he loves playing the zone and they've been playing it at Bristol some. Coach says defensively he's always in the right position and that's what has gotten him so many blocks -- not just the length, though it helps. They play tight on the perimeter so he's asked to cover a lot of area inside.
-Likes the Dior commitment, but says it's a little far out to think about teaming up with anyone.
-I've asked about top schools over the last few months and the answer is always that it's too early -- I think that's an actual real answer in this case. I've been told SU is at/near the top but he has to sit down after the season and actually go through the process of picking schools.
-Asked about Boehiem and 2022 and he says Jim staying/leaving will be a major part of his decision. Autry is the primary and they have a great relationship, but he really likes JB.
this cant be right the boneyard said he hates JB

love the way things have sounded here recently.
Loves and thrives in a zone, loves JB, wants to play with a good point guard (freshman Dior, senior jg3?!?!?) and uconn fans are already leaving a bad impression.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom