Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Would have been surprised to think this 15 years ago, but Devo is one of the first guys I want around the new guys.

A bunch of our guys were sharing photos of Maliq at Duke summer workouts all proud of him, and I was thinking back to Devo's podcast a few months ago talking about guys transferring and having no respect etc. Good to have him officially in the fold.

Who wouldn't want Devendorf around the program?

McDonald's All American, Australian League scoring champ, Big East Tournament Champion, wouldn't have won 10 $#%&ing games without Gmac.

I thought I read he wants to open a restaurant in Syracuse behind just the pop up which could mean laying down some roots into the community too.

To me that is also more than just a 1 yr rental even if it took the NIL deal to make that a realistic possibility.

So anybody try the food?

Yes.

I mean, not me.
But surely someone did.

Still tryna find out the secret ingredients in Eddie Lamp’s Dry Rub?

Lamp Reaction GIF

Starting a business can be such a great experience. Don’t know how he has time for it and restaurants are a tough business - but being young he can probably do about anything he puts his mind to

Why when these guys are on compost is this information still posted on. The recruiting board ??

Why when these guys are on compost is this information still posted on. The recruiting board ??
Well, if compost is a PED, then it should be on the main board...you are correct. Now, if compost is being used as a recruiting enticement, then maybe the recruiting board is still appropriate.

(Voice to text, I assume? :cool:)

I am excited to see this guy in Orange. His weaknesses are pretty darn clear. The extremely large frame means he is not going to get too far off the ground in a hurry, which leads to some frustrating moments at the rim. If a guard blows by his man and meets Lampkin at the rim, there is a good chance he will get a minimally contested layup off unless additional help arrives. If the center/pf he is guarding gets off a quick turnaround shot in the post he struggles to give a solid contest. His much discussed lack of blocks in his stats reflect this weakness. It is not due to any laziness on Lamkin's part. He plays hard as hell. It also does not have a huge impact on his ability on the boards. He makes up for the lack of vertical by using his frame to win the box out battle. But his lack of vertical will certainly frustrate at times.

THAT BEING SAID, he is everything you want to see out of a center on the offensive end. I do not say this lightly as he was my favorite player back in the day, but his post play reminds me of AO. If he gets the ball near the paint, it is extremely difficult for the defender to stop him from backing in right up to the rim and hitting a small hook shot layup. Then the ace up his sleeve is the lethal passing when teams try to send a double in that situation. In the play at 28:50, he gets the ball in the post and is clearly overpowering the guy guarding him, but he keeps his head up and when a guard tries to help he lobs in a beautiful touch pass to a cutting guard for the easy layup.

At 38:50, Florida has an undersized guy on him, he comfortably begins backing him down starting from the three point line, having no issues handling the ball. As he gets closer to his spot a weakside guard comes in to help and he instantly throws a long skip pass to a guard on the baseline for a wide open three. The Colorodo guy bricks it, but Chris Bell would certainly can that shot at an elite rate.

Those are just a couple examples, but there are all kinds of nice pass plays, "hocky assists", and post moves throughout this game. Florida was down their starting center in this one, but it is still impressive to see how he takes full advantage and demands the ball in the post. He has an excellent motor, he gets the crowd involved, and he did not shy away from the bright lights at march madness. Long post I know, but we have to match all that wasted typing over a freaking duke player. I have zero issue giving this dude #44. He is a competitor who is certainly worthy of that number's legacy.

I am excited to see this guy in Orange. His weaknesses are pretty darn clear. The extremely large frame means he is not going to get too far off the ground in a hurry, which leads to some frustrating moments at the rim. If a guard blows by his man and meets Lampkin at the rim, there is a good chance he will get a minimally contested layup off unless additional help arrives. If the center/pf he is guarding gets off a quick turnaround shot in the post he struggles to give a solid contest. His much discussed lack of blocks in his stats reflect this weakness. It is not due to any laziness on Lamkin's part. He plays hard as hell. It also does not have a huge impact on his ability on the boards. He makes up for the lack of vertical by using his frame to win the box out battle. But his lack of vertical will certainly frustrate at times.

THAT BEING SAID, he is everything you want to see out of a center on the offensive end. I do not say this lightly as he was my favorite player back in the day, but his post play reminds me of AO. If he gets the ball near the paint, it is extremely difficult for the defender to stop him from backing in right up to the rim and hitting a small hook shot layup. Then the ace up his sleeve is the lethal passing when teams try to send a double in that situation. In the play at 28:50, he gets the ball in the post and is clearly overpowering the guy guarding him, but he keeps his head up and when a guard tries to help he lobs in a beautiful touch pass to a cutting guard for the easy layup.

At 38:50, Florida has an undersized guy on him, he comfortably begins backing him down starting from the three point line, having no issues handling the ball. As he gets closer to his spot a weakside guard comes in to help and he instantly throws a long skip pass to a guard on the baseline for a wide open three. The Colorodo guy bricks it, but Chris Bell would certainly can that shot at an elite rate.

Those are just a couple examples, but there are all kinds of nice pass plays, "hocky assists", and post moves throughout this game. Florida was down their starting center in this one, but it is still impressive to see how he takes full advantage and demands the ball in the post. He has an excellent motor, he gets the crowd involved, and he did not shy away from the bright lights at march madness. Long post I know, but we have to match all that wasted typing over a freaking duke player. I have zero issue giving this dude #44. He is a competitor who is certainly worthy of that number's legacy.

He's not nearly efficient enough for his size and position to be great.

He's not nearly good enough on the short roll to handle the pass and then decision making facing the bucket from that point on the floor.

He had three NBA players with him on the court last year.

Won't be the case this year. Maybe 1 that won't be hitting his NBA potential during the year.

He's not nearly good enough on the short roll to handle the pass and then decision making facing the bucket from that point on the floor.

Won't be the case this year. Maybe 1 that won't be hitting his NBA potential during the year.
Well, that's it. I'm not watching any games this season.

LOL. Thanks coach!

Well there is always 2025.