Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

the timing of maliqs announcement pretty much makes me think along same lines as you

if the coaches wanted him gone he wouldve left when taylor and co did, imo

this is about maliq wanting what maliq wants...which is why I dont get all the angst around his departure

Maliq didnt want the Cuse to bring in good players???

ok bye
The thing that hasn't really been brought up is that Red never played Maliq at the 4 last year and might not have anticipated playing him there this year. As good as Maliq is, Red wanted a more traditional center (McLeod and Lampkin) and a better shooter at the 4 (Benny and JT).

Whether we agree with any of it the fact is Red might have played McLeod and Maliq together for about 5 minutes the entire time McLeod was healthy.

I think that's Red's plan for 2024 as well. No room at the inn for Maliq.

Good analysis Cliftonpark. It does seem rather straight forward. SU still needs a PF that has some offensive skills and as a rebounder, plus some sort of combo or PG. We seem all set at SG, center, and small forward. It's a lot quicker process to lose guys to the portal but can be agonizingly slow to fill some of those spots. Getting our new center was an impressive pick up for Red, especially given the fact we had no prior connections. I wonder if the situation with Mintz is holding up the recruitment of a PG at this point.

Wondering if Red would try to recruit some of the decommitted recruits from other schools particularly the PF that played on Donovan’s former team.

This is a quality add. Exactly the type of post presence we needed this year.

But still rolling my eyes at some of the entitlement by some fans…we’re not what we were 10 years ago.. so it’s going to take patience and support to rise back up to that level.
Hopefully we can show that if you claim to be a true fan.
Some don’t seem to trust our head coach or our ability to bring in quality players… or just be happy about anything lol.

If you don’t like all players leaving then you should probably just stop watching college bball from here on out cuz this is now what it is.

Anyway will be interesting to see how Red handles the offense/defense situations with Lampkin and McLeod at the 5
And Willie as a wildcard.. should have plenty of competition there.

I'm confused about something. Lampkin said he intends to wear #44 at Cuse. Was that approved? 44 is retired and I thought it would only be un-retired for a generational talent future HOFer type of player.

This move pretty much solidified Maliq at the 4..oh wait. I guess he doesn't want to compete with Donnie and stay loyal to his coach, teammates, school, city and fan base like he said 2 weeks ago. We'll be fine
I don't blame Maliq. Dude's paid his dues, has dreams, and doesn't want to deal w a player who will likely be favored.

Move on and find the best situation for yourself. Loyalty shmoyalty.

The thing that hasn't really been brought up is that Red never played Maliq at the 4 last year and might not have anticipated playing him there this year. As good as Maliq is, Red wanted a more traditional center (McLeod and Lampkin) and a better shooter at the 4 (Benny and JT).

Whether we agree with any of it the fact is Red might have played McLeod and Maliq together for about 5 minutes the entire time McLeod was healthy.

I think that's Red's plan for 2024 as well. No room at the inn for Maliq.
yeah true...we are forced to speculate on the particulars...and they would matter a lot for me in how to interpret the situation

but I noticed the same - beginning of the year, Maliq was pretty low on the depth chart...and was not starting at all...I dont think he played much PF at all, even when the centers were healthy

have no idea why any of these guys are transferring so dont want to speculate too much...but its just human nature to want to know the why

in your scenario, would have a ton of sympathy for maliq...if he was told he would not start but is welcome to be a strong bench player, mostly at center...I can totally see why he wouldnt want that...but at the end of the day, I want what is best for the team not the player

and I can see why most fans seem to hate that decision (if real) from Red, but me personally, would get it, and it makes sense...

when your guards arent good shooters...you need to find shooting somewhere...I think red rightly has the opinion that shooting must be on the floor...thats why bell got so much run even when it seemed like he wasnt really offering much in the earlypart of the season...and why he will likely be back for a big role next year.

i hope the next players they bring can shoot

I thought it would be interesting to look at his splits at Colorado since there was a mention of playing at altitude. He played 26.1 mins at home and 29.3 on the road, and shot about 4% better on the road. In the Pac-12 tourney he played 29.7 mins and in the NCAAs he played 32.7 mins.

I think it's safe to pencil him in for 29-30 minutes a game, if needed, and more in big games.

I wonder if this is the reason he "had to get out" of Boulder?

I thought it would be interesting to look at his splits at Colorado since there was a mention of playing at altitude. He played 26.1 mins at home and 29.3 on the road, and shot about 4% better on the road. In the Pac-12 tourney he played 29.7 mins and in the NCAAs he played 32.7 mins.

I think it's safe to pencil him in for 29-30 minutes a game, if needed, and more in big games.

I wonder if this is the reason he "had to get out" of Boulder?

This is super interesting. Most people obviously play better at home than on the road. Red might have found some real value if his road stats are similar next year but his hime stats improve from that road stat line instead of dropping.

This is super interesting. Most people obviously play better at home than on the road. Red might have found some real value if his road stats are similar next year but his hime stats improve from that road stat line instead of dropping.
Especially if it goes beyond the splits to recovery between games and practices.

His reb/min were better the previous year. Using those numbers and 29 minutes, that'd be 7.8rpg. So if this theory is correct, I could see him averaging 12 & 8 for us.

Eddie is going to be a lot of fun on and off the court. He has been engaged with the current guys and new guys coming in. He'll make a legit BIG impact.
Screenshot_20240415-204650_Instagram.jpg

Needs to reshape his body a bit in order to run with this team.
I have faith that our Football S&C staff up there are influencing the rest of the programs with their focus on building strength, lean muscle, and mobility. Lampkin will be in good hands. I bet he slims down by 10-15 lbs and is much more cut by October.

I have faith that our Football S&C staff up there are influencing the rest of the programs with their focus on building strength, lean muscle, and mobility. Lampkin will be in good hands. I bet he slims down by 10-15 lbs and is much more cut by October.
Getting to 250-255lbs range would be excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom