Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Well if we just went all in on keeping Brown we wouldn’t be screwed. We are looking at a bottom 5 ACC finish next year with who we have now if Lampkin is gone.
You actually don't know that specific to Brown. Agree with rest of post if Lampkin is gone.

When are these guys that are coming out of the portal officially locked into the school they committed to?Can they just up and leave at anytime?
When they enroll in class

This tells us Red is about as good as JB at knowing who’s actually all in here.
Won't to a degree argue on that point. Edit: In this new era you need to keep tabs almost 24/7. Not sure that is possible.

This would count as a popcorn ready moment. Like a car crash.

So looks like they were right.
Was Allen signaling for us to get the popcorn ready or the people over at the Boneyard.

I'm a hair's breadth from quitting college hoops. All D1 sports are up in the air with NIL and the portal rules, but it seems much, much worse in hoops.
At least there are tailgates to enjoy in football season.

Well if we just went all in on keeping Brown we wouldn’t be screwed. We are looking at a bottom 5 ACC finish next year with who we have now if Lampkin is gone.
Where would we be if we went all in on Brown? I liked Brown but Lampkin made us a better team because of what he brought us. And Brown might have left anyway. When we told Dd that he was staying, they knew it wasn't iron clad. He at that time really couldn't say much else.

Where would we be if we went all in on Brown? I liked Brown but Lampkin made us a better team because of what he brought us. And Brown might have left anyway. When we told Dd that he was staying, they knew it wasn't iron clad. He at that time really couldn't say much else.
??

Where would we be if we went all in on Brown? I liked Brown but Lampkin made us a better team because of what he brought us. And Brown might have left anyway. When we told Dd that he was staying, athey knew it wasn't iron clad. He at that time really couldn't say much else.
Well we would at least have a good player on the roster if we used the cash we were going to give Lampkin to Brown. I think we are looking at a 15 win season next year if Lampkin truly is going to Vandy. If that happens this offseason has been nothing short of a disaster.

Last edited:
Well we would at least have a good player on the roster if we used the cash we were going to give Lampkin to Brown. I think we are looking at a 15 win season next year if Lampkin truly is going to Vandy. If that happens thhis offseason has been nothing short of a disaster.
At this point, yes it has. Fortunately, the off season isn't over. There are options to be had out there ( I don't have any idea what they would be, but budget would have to be damned.

Well we would at least have a good player on the roster if we used the cash we were going to give Lampkin to Brown. I think we are looking at a 15 win season next year if Lampkin truly is going to Vandy. If that happens thhis offseason has been nothing short of a disaster.
Where are we getting 15 wins without a center? I am under no delusion that McLeod will stay healthy.

I feel like we are in the scene in the Godfather where Tom tells Sonny, if we lose the old man, make the deal. If we lost Lampkin at this point, it is Europe and get us someone no matter the cost. We can raise the money.
Why can’t we go after guys that have already committed to a different school? Seems to me if we up the ante we could probably get a guy to flip.