Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

It isn't family. It is Money. He got offered a lot more money at a Texas school.
Honestly I feel the worst for the other players who stayed put thinking they would be playing with a complete team which we pretty much were. Just awful for morale and hopefully the other guys don’t resent not testing the portal and get to work.

What is going on here? Is this real or an overreaction to Instagram? Frankly, it’s unethical to commit and then leave the program in the lurch this late. But so many of these young players don’t have any ethics. The crazy thing is that a school like Michigan managed to land not one but two top 25 rated portal centers. So frustrating. I’m hoping this is nothing.
And St. John’s landed TWO top portal point guards. It’s an arms race.

What is going on here? Is this real or an overreaction to Instagram? Frankly, it’s unethical to commit and then leave the program in the lurch this late. But so many of these young players don’t have any ethics. The crazy thing is that a school like Michigan managed to land not one but two top 25 rated portal centers. So frustrating. I’m hoping this is nothing.
It's something

Or to a kid to reclassify.
Genius. Lose out on a proven player and then solve it by forcing a (likely) undersized kid to play a year early. If red does that then just show him the door. Complete mismanagement.

How many guys this offseason have pulled this stunt? I mean how many have committed out of the portal to one school and then backed out a couple weeks later and went to a different school? Just curious if this is a common practice these days.
I think it’s happened more in football. A few players have done it to get around an SEC rule I believe.

I thought of that but what everyone forgets is taxes. 750k in Texas is a lot more than 750k in NY
I’d also imagine even if we matched the close to home factor appeals too.

And yet football is able to spend money like they are printing it. Football drives the bus and if we want to be a player in the next round, we need to be a player in football but hoop is my favorite sport.
Sounds like the football alum collective is responsible for a lot of that.

Is Red not able to engage the basketball alums? Seems like that was one of the main benefits of the idea that we just "had' to hire an alum.

At this point wouldn’t it be in our best interest to match the offer?Sometime you just have to bite the bullet and overpay.
The fact that the portal is closed for entry for the other players. This is very scum behavior on the part of the school who made the offer and Eddie taking the offer. No we should not endorse this behavior by matching after the portal has been closed for entry for the other players. This sounds like tampering to the most extreme. Please tell me this isn’t real lol.