Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Based solely off his hair in his ESPN profile, I wonder if we plan to play him at Centaur rather than as a traditional center? Foot(hoof?)work could be an issue so we’ll have to see if Griff or the new assistant can coach him up.

IMG_0091.jpeg

Based solely off his hair in his ESPN profile, I wonder if we plan to play him at Centaur rather than as a traditional center? Foot(hoof?)work could be an issue so we’ll have to see if Griff or the new assistant can coach him up.

View attachment 239459
Weird post. Especially if he decides to glance at this board before committing.

Because he’s worse at everything than the guy he’s replacing if he comes. The height and weight mean nothing. He blocked 5 shots on the year, had worse defensive metrics, and turns the ball over at the rate of a PG.
Clueless

it's just weird to me how some people are framing this in such absolutes - like, Brown portalling and Lampkin coming means Red decided to trade one for the other, and, if you're generally in favor of Lampkin coming it means you're being disrespectful or downplaying Brown.

As with some many things on here that people get worked up about - it really is possible to go with "and" and not just "either/or"

It sucks Maliq is leaving AND Lampkin could be a boon for us, at least on offense

Yep, between the timing of things and a little reading between the lines on this board the situation becomes obvious.

Really? Because he just started on a team that played in the NCAA tournament. Something that we haven't done in a while. And he scored well. He averaged more pts a game than Brown did while getting about the same in rebounds. They spoke glowingly about him at Colorado. I like Brown but we aren't losing Melo. He could have stayed. is it your contension that we shouldn't have done anything in the portal that would cause Brown to leave? Because Donovan C isn't coming here. We are getting who we can get. And I'm going to think that a guy that does this for his living knows more about the game than internet posters.
Lampkin, himself, said Colorado didn’t want him any longer…

Lampkin isn’t exactly the brightest bulb. I can see him budding heads with teammates. He can score in the post, for sure. That is a plus. But, he doesn’t help us at all in the rim defense dept. We may have to play more zone and hope donnie and whoever can help with blocked shots.

I wish we gave Vlad Goldin the bag. That is who we need. But as long as there are pieces around Lampkin and his attitude is right, I don’t completely hate it

Read on the Buffs sight he was a fan favorite, very gregarious. Sounds like a veteran leader. Turnovers are a concern. SU need a great bigs coach whether he comes to SU or not.

Veteran leader is the key phrase here. This team was rudderless last season. We need a player or players to keep the team together and discipline.

I see where a lot of lampkins turnovers come from and thats from dribbling too much and trying to make pg Like passes. We can eliminate all that.

The Lampkin recruitment excitement by some here reeks of the football board under Dino when people would get excited about a 3 star defensive end that commits to us after only being recruited by Hofstra and Central Michigan
Perfect example as to why this place is borderline toxic. It's always the same 10-12 posters, who don't know SH|† about hoops/football/lax and simply cannot stand any level of optimism or progress. It is entirely exhausting, and I wish you all had a naysayer's board to live on.

Last edited:
Perfect example as to why this place is borderline toxic. It's always the same 10-12 posters, who don't know SH|† about hoops/football/lax and simply cannot be stand any level of optimism or progress. It is entirely exhausting, and I wish you all had a naysayer's board to live on.

syracuse.com

That combined with his TCU exit is concerning. We just went through a season of garbage with Benny, Judah and Copeland. I hope due diligence was done here.
Me too. I am troubled by the 5 techs as well. I can never remember a player on any team getting 5 techs in a career. yet alone, a season. I don't know how those techs came. But I would bet, after what Red went through this year, they know a lot about the kid.

View attachment 239459
How do you call a travel on this dude? Will it be like trying to officiate the Euro-step? Which one is the pivot hoof?

Last edited:
That combined with his TCU exit is concerning. We just went through a season of garbage with Benny, Judah and Copeland. I hope due diligence was done here.
Skeptical of his attitude as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom