Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Correct bar is bowl games we have 1 since wildhack has been the AD and he also extended babers for 4 years more… so keep saying how the football team was mid not “bad” and tell me JW has done great
We have been to three bowl games under Wildhack, 2018, 2022, and 2023.

Of course it's desperation. The sky is blue. But Cusefan0307, if you were going to act out of desperation, this is the time. It may hurt us in our quest for another guard or forward or both but we have to have a center.
You know what I tend to agree pay this kid what he wants to stay here

I am now seeing an AD on the forum for NCAA NIL compensation lawsuits lol. I feel like I am in The Twilight Zone. Thanks Eddie.

Correct bar is bowl games we have 1 since wildhack has been the AD and he also extended babers for 4 years more… so keep saying how the football team was mid not “bad” and tell me JW has done great
He extended Babers coming off a 10 win season and top 15 ranking. Who doesn’t extend a coach that does that with a program that last won 10 games 17 years prior?

I’m no fan of what Dino became after that but come on.

Meaning...maybe it won't come to that. If and when I can say more, I will say more.
Damn you dasher
1000000957.gif

I was referring to wins said it wrong
I think Bowl wins outside of big time bowls are overrated. Making it under Babers was the goal, id say under Fran the initial goal has definitely gone up. Contending in the ACC, big time bowl, hope of playoffs berth.

He extended Babers coming off a 10 win season and top 15 ranking. Who doesn’t extend a coach that does that with a program that last won 10 games 17 years prior?

Don’t disagree but look at Dino record and how long he was at cuse that is a crazy amount of time for how bad we were any other p5 program they would of been fired in 2 years 3 at most

Yikes. Just heard the rumor, but I gather this is legit based on comments here. This is really bush league of Lampkin. The portal era is BS. There’s zero accountability for the players. Something needs to change, they shouldn’t be able to move this freely.

I mean I’m all for greater player empowerment VS what the old model was, but when a player can commit to transferring to a school then late in the process change their mind they put the team in a losing position that’s terribly unfair. It can’t be all about the players, to the point where teams can get screwed with no repercussions.
I think we're going to end up with some sort of true free agency. Once you sign a contract, you're locked in regardless of whether you get a better offer.

I think we're going to end up with some sort of true free agency. Once you sign a contract, you're locked in regardless of whether you get a better offer.
Either that or some type of NIL Cap per school for each sport. The sport will die if the same 5 teams win every year. Parity is good for basketball. Schools with the most NIL will simply dominate the sport going forward if something is not done.

Everybody wanted Dino extended after the 2018 season. If anyone on this board claims that they didn't, then they are lying.