Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Nothing as Texas just did it to Oklahoma for Lole, a Dt transfer from Louisville. It happens more than we realize.
In this new wild west any school can come in and offer a 'committed' player to another school a bigger bag and poach them. If this is the case, what is stopping conference rivals from doing this to just raise the NIL bill for the other school

I think our NILs need some professional help.
First Eddie doesn't have to pay NY taxes. He isn't a full time resident.
Second sign the kid and make him pay a fee if he breaks the contract.
This deal wasn't papered well.

Well that's why Jay Bilas recently said the NCAA should just make these "student-athletes" employees, so they sign contracts for NIL, compensation, etc., and there are buyouts attached to them.

This isn’t necessarily true. I’m in consulting, and I’ve worked in many different states across the country. One company I worked for reported the states that I worked in, and I had to pay income tax to those states when filing my taxes. The company I currently work for doesn’t do that, so I’m only paying NY income tax.

You have seen him play a lot? And all of the other centers in the country? Please, call Red quick. Tell him not to pay up for this kid. All the film the coaches watched of him must have been a waste of time.
Yes, I have seen him play a ton. Clearly more than you. I obv want to keep him, as we need a center. I’m just commenting on a post, why you getting smart?

These guys love to play basketball and want to play for a living. They aren’t transferring to Syracuse for 1 year because they just LOVE upstate New York. i don’t work at my employer because they’re the only person I ever wanted to work for. I work for them because they pay for my house, my car, and my family. The quicker you guys stop pretending like this is simply a passion for these guys and start realizing it’s a JOB we can stop with all this petty b.s.

People can want to be here for many reasons. If a guy was forced by a lawsuit to play for us when he wants to be elsewhere, he's not going to play very hard for us.

So now the NIL money people are putting in to collectives is going to more lawyering? Let's just say a Texas school and New York school offer the same exact NIL amount. 1 comes with a Lawyer and break contract clauses and penalties. The other comes in cash and a gentleman's agreement and no paperwork. Who you think a 21 year old player and his agent is going to pick?

You're right there needs to be something to make it better tho. There are some schools and their NIL collectives that like to play in the dirt with the bags of money, always have. WVU did it last year, It's A&M this year.

People can want to be here for many reasons. If a guy was forced by a lawsuit to play for us when he wants to be elsewhere, he's not going to play very hard for us.
As mentioned earlier, the player‘s character comes into play. I remember when Jason Hart wanted out of his commitment late in the recruiting period because of a family illness. Boeheim stood firm and refused to release him. Jason reported and played hard for 4 years at Syracuse. He was a good representative of the team, the school and the community.

Not knowing Eddie Lampkin, I’m not sure if Eddie Lampkin would do the same. I would hope if it comes down to him playing, that he give his all like Jason Hart did.

Well that's why Jay Bilas recently said the NCAA should just make these "student-athletes" employees, so they sign contracts for NIL, compensation, etc., and there are buyouts attached to them.
My point is that they don't have to be employed by SU. They are being employed by the NIL. The NIL can document the agreement so that there are penalties for breaking the contract.
Eventually yes they will be employed by the school. Until then the cooperative can control it. Im surprised that with this money being paid to these individuals for services that things are so screwed up.

And to think that the University has the nerve to offer a class in this to their students. Physician, heal thyself.

The current NIL situation is clearly out of control. I'm not asking for one, but I think an economic recession would slow down some of the eccentricities we are seeing right now (e.g., wealthy boosters throwing absurd money at good, not great players). The ROI on NIL is very close to zero.

this also opens the door for teams to sabotage other programs using portal shenanigans

for instance - lets say a player is going to Duke, just for example...

they could go to syracuse at first...commit to them ...and then at the last minute go to duke,...and leave a gaping hole in the orange roster

AS PRE_PLANNED SABOTAGE

with as crooked as this sport has become - would anyone really be surprised by such a manuever???
IMG_4202.jpeg

It’s been pointed out to me that aTm is out of hoops scholies at this moment…
Not happy with Buzz Williams if this is A&M that “tampered.” But maybe boosters really are running the show at the big schools.

The current NIL situation is clearly out of control. I'm not asking for one, but I think an economic recession would slow down some of the eccentricities we are seeing right now (e.g., wealthy boosters throwing absurd money at good, not great players). The ROI on NIL is very close to zero.

Sports fandom is like the mafia. Recession proof

Yes, I have seen him play a ton. Clearly more than you. I obv want to keep him, as we need a center. I’m just commenting on a post, why you getting smart?
Because you are a bit too negative for me. I doubt he is the worst defensive center in the country.

Tracy Morgan No GIF

I really, really hope you were being sarcastic, or are a clueless billionaire or something, otherwise this is just an abominably bad take.

He is earning money in NY, he will have to pay NY taxes.