Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

You cannot say he lacks confidence.
If I had 10% of his confidence, I’d have twice as much confidence as I do now.

Funny—we needed and thought we were getting a physical banger at Center, and he says his best player comp is Naz Reid, he’s been working on his three ball, and he wants to show the stuff no one thinks he can do…. I guess we did get our point guard!

Last edited:
No, Burns doesn't block many either but it does happen. He averages about 1 every other game (.6). Lampkin is at .1 per game, so he pretty much doesn't block at all. Just for some context, that's about what JJ and Judah were at for the season last year.

I agree that his lack of blocking doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem. There are other ways to disrupt on the defensive end. The big difference that I saw between Burns and Lampkin (when viewing limited highlights, I must admit) is that Burns has more of a burst/quickness where he can get around guys with a very nice move. Lampkin gets more of his buckets from bullying his way to the basket. He doesn't try to juke the defensive guy, he just uses his big body and strength (which is effective).

Where Lampkin appears to be better (versus Burns) is rebounding - which we all know is huge for us. He averaged about 7 last year to Burns' 4. That's pretty big.
His block rate was better early in his career

My favorite part is that he said he needs to make it to the S16! I like his confidence and he perspective on offense. Things could really break well for us this coming season but I’d like some more depth.

My favorite part is that he said he needs to make it to the S16! I like his confidence and he perspective on offense. Things could really break well for us this coming season but I’d like some more depth.
Thought the same. They purposefully bunked him with Mr Bell.

Yes I understand that - my point was I fear that Lampkin will be shooting 3’s to show he can for NBA purposes rather than doing what’s best to help our team win.

If he can make a couple paired with doing everything else it’s fine by me. Just makes it harder to match up against us. I don’t care how it all works out just as long as we are better team and make the tourney and have a chance to make some noise.

If he can make a couple paired with doing everything else it’s fine by me. Just makes it harder to match up against us. I don’t care how it all works out just as long as we are better team and make the tourney and have a chance to make some noise.
Despite what all think about certain posters, 99.9% of those who frequent this board want the exact same thing.

It has been a frustrating 10 years, let’s hope the next 10 are better. If NCAA sports are still around in 10 years.