Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Frank. I feel like we all could use some good news with a commitment soon. Sounds like sometime in June, so hopefully sooner than later either way.
4B496163-E5DD-4D29-BEB2-9451047D3959.jpeg

I know he has his sources. That's fine. I never said he was wrong either. I'll leave it at that. All info shared on here is good info and appreciated. Theres been plenty wrong as well and I'm not about to start pointing that crap out because that's what makes this board crap. Was just saying what I think of Frank is different then what he thinks as well as his sources. Which is fine...let the kids hash it out in practice. He has shared that stuff that was not of his opinion...he has also shared stuff of his own opinion. It's all good, brick wall and all! No need to turn this into a pissing match...then we would need a clean throne. People take so much said on here as gospel. :)

Definitely don’t want to turn this into R Kelly’s paradise. We’re all on the same side, but we have differing opinions at times. It’s my fault for taking it so seriously. We all want the same thing, so no point in going at each other, and that’s all me. I just don’t want anyone to say screw it when it comes to posting the info they have for us fiends. This is basically the gospel for me, and I’m sure that I’m not alone. We just view things very differently when it comes to the 5 spot, but that’s how it goes, so no worries man. My bad. In the end, we’re just one big dysfunctional family, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I just can’t believe this thread is 44 pages for the 143rd ranked recruit that will play 10 mins max next year or not at all. Guess that’s why I love this board

Right. You know times are tough when we’re living, and dying based on what a kid will do that may not see substantial minutes until 2022.

Definitely don’t want to turn this into R Kelly’s paradise. We’re all on the same side, but we have differing opinions at times. It’s my fault for taking it so seriously. We all want the same thing, so no point in going at each other, and that’s all me. I just don’t want anyone to say screw it when it comes to posting the info they have for us fiends. This is basically the gospel for me, and I’m sure that I’m not alone. We just view things very differently when it comes to the 5 spot, but that’s how it goes, so no worries man. My bad. In the end, we’re just one big dysfunctional family, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Amen brother!

I just can’t believe this thread is 44 pages for the 143rd ranked recruit that will play 10 mins max next year or not at all. Guess that’s why I love this board
Again, was ranked much higher before his reclass. Then played on a prolific team that did his rankings no favors by playing with superstars green and burnett. And then doesnt get to showcase himself this summer in EYBL due to reclass and now being canceled. Was recruited by top programs. Also dropped in rankings DIRECTLY after dropping UK from his list. One of the rivals guys himself told me they were probably dropping him. This guy happens to write and do podcasts for none other then UK. Whatever it's all semantics anyways. But worth noting that this "143rd ranked recruit" is a little better then your giving him credit for. And that's just my opinion which I can wipe my own arse with and means squat. He was rated 76th at one time by 247 and then 80 something even after he reclassed. ESPN had him as the 12 best center in his class..at other times he was ranked as the No. 43 prospect in the class of 2021 by ESPN, which is the highest among the four major recruiting systems and is slated at No. 81 by Rivals — which is the lowest among the ratings. Meanwhile, 247Sports has him situated at No. 51 in their rankings, and 247Sports Composite has him at No. 60. But now that hes 143rd he must suck. I'd say he is a little better of a prospect then the last few we brought in. Offers from Arizona/Kansas/UK/GA/LSU/Bama/Auburn/Clemson/Florida/Maryland/Oregon/Tennessee/USC/Virginia Tech...what was the offer lists of the past few bigs we have brought in???? Cmon man this is a odd stance your taking on this kid. I dont get it but to each their own.

Screenshot_20200531-005819_Chrome.jpg

143rd ranked recruit with a pretty crappy offer list. Mid major type player probably. You have to go back to 2014 Chris McCullough for a big that had a better offer list. Taurean was close but Frank's list is even more impressive. Lydon/Bourama/Taurean/Marek(just us)/Jesse and JBA all not as impressive when it comes to offer list. I'm not saying that means everything but I mean cmon...schools know who they are recruiting and offer who they like. I think your selling the kid a little short.

20200531_011135.jpg

Last edited:
literally being told by a rivals guy that helps with rankings who also is affiliated with UK and their recruiting that they were dropping his ranking RIGHT after the UK fallout. :rolleyes: politics.

20200531_013322.jpg

If he stayed in his original class he would be top 50-ish
question comes down:if he is top 50ish, will he leave after 1 year if he does not have decent playing time? Conversely, will he leave if he gets sufficient playing time and does well?

guess those are the questions for every player and only time will tell.

Im double down. UNLESS Sid performs at his year end level this season this kid will either start or play more minutes.

Why are people so soft on this board? Isn’t debating each other what makes things more interesting instead of agreeing with everything everyone says? And the concern about offending people because they won’t post on the board anymore and you will lose out on their valuable insider information is kind of silly. How much great insider information has been posted on this site in the last few years?

Sid was set back by shin splints and since then he has been improving. For every other returning player the board consensus seems to be expectation of improvement. Why do so many expect Sid to have a set-back? He came on strong towards the end of the season. I expect continuation of his trajectory. He likely will be one of the better ACC centers. Even when he was injured he showed occasional flashes of skilled offensive moves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors