Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then last week we finished our 2020 class with Frank...
Very excited about Frank. Can't wait to see how quickly he adjusts to the zone. I'm not expecting much offensively but hopefully he can protect the rim, get some rebounds and give JB (and Sid) 10-15m. That will allow MD to do his thing at PF and avoid fouls.

Last edited:

Worth reading, nothing earth shattering, main takes are his athleticism and attitude are his strong points (the attitude we saw on display during his post commitment interviews seemed to evidence that). Will need to improve his offensive game. Feels like this is the kind of rebounding big we have needed for some time, not a string bean, who will develop with the program and wants to get better and is not entitled.

They are great pickups yes, but we are Syracuse, and this is what we should be getting year in and year out. We have never had more 3 stars than 4 stars on our roster like the current situation. We have always had 1 or 2 5-stars on the team, followed by 7 or 8 4-stars and 3-4 3-stars.
Ummm no
SCOOP/Triche/Andy/Kris /CJ/Keita

At the risk of sounding impertinent or worse stupid, why doesn’t his heading show “committed/signed” like our other 2020 recruits? Is he signed? Is there a COVID-19 reason he’s not signed? Don’t they just fax these NLIs in? Again, sorry if I missed something just curious that’s all.
As my mother would say, “Should I worry?”

At the risk of sounding impertinent or worse stupid, why doesn’t his heading show “committed/signed” like our other 2020 recruits? Is he signed? Is there a COVID-19 reason he’s not signed? Don’t they just fax these NLIs in? Again, sorry if I missed something just curious that’s all.
As my mother would say, “Should I worry?”
The late signing period may have ended, not sure on the calendar dates. Which means he doesn't sign an NLI, he just shows up to or enrolls in a summer session on campus

The late signing period may have ended, not sure on the calendar dates. Which means he doesn't sign an NLI, he just shows up to or enrolls in a summer session on campus
He should be fine. The 2020 NLI D-1 BB signing period has been extended from May 20th to August 1.

He should be fine. The 2020 NLI D-1 BB signing period has been extended from May 20th to August 1.
Thank you, wonder if he will bother w signing one before enrolling? Not signing one means he can still be recruited.

Very excited about Frank. Can't wait to see how quickly he adjusts to the zone. I'm not expecting much offensively but hopefully he can protect the rim, get some rebounds and give JB (and Sid) 10-15m. That will allow MD to do his thing at PF and avoid fouls.
I think that only the bench will truly allow MD to avoid fouls. :(

I’m really excited about Frank. People forget that he was a top 75 recruit in 2021 and trending up.
Yeah, I think since it seemed like it all kinda came out of nowhere and his rankings were weird between the reclass, we'd normally be more excited about this level of a recruit than we've shown. Especially for a 5.

I'm on the Frankie Block Party train though, no doubt.

Frank is way better than any of the Centers we have signed in recent memory. Real good player, love the pickup.
In the limited highlights his athleticism and aggressive nature provide optimism. Other than Guerrier we lack tough inside players. Sid and Edwards are more finesse type players.
Frank dunks everything he can and goes up strong with two hands which i havnt seen since DC days. Teams need guys with an edge. Especially in the middle. This guy is a great get.

I think the jury's out on Edwards and JBA. They could be battling for the backup position this coming season. Frank looks to be the better, more athletic prospect.

If one between Edwards and JBA has to go so be it. But this season will be a battle, that is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom