Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inclusion of New Mexico is interesting. New Mexico Guard Tavian Percy entered the transfer portal on 5/29. Now the Lobos have an open slot. The only other center is a new JUCO transfer (7'1" 240 lbs) who averaged 8.4 minutes per game at Kilgore College. Plenty of playing time available here.

This is all my opinion, but not quite the level that Rak was on when he was coming in as a 4-5 star kid in the top 25-30 overall, depending on the site. More like a Rick Jackson, even though that’s outside the 10 year window, and Rick was a PF coming in. But, he was 65th nationally in 2007 on 247, and that’s around where I think Frank should be, or would be, had this not been such a chaotic time, along with him reclassifying. I believe that he’s a 4 star, top 65 overall type talent.

Yes, Rick Jackson is a very good comparison rankings and potential wise, and he is projected as a 3-4 year player. Even though he's only around the 150 range in the 2020 class, as some have mentioned, he was as high as 40 in the 2021 class. He recently reclassified, and there has been no competition or reliable way to rank him with the current class...good for Cuse, because you know darn well KY (yes they were on him for 2021), Duke, Kansas, and the other big names would only come in to swoop him away last minute...Hope he's Orange, because he is better than any Center recruit we even had a chance with other than Isaiah. He's also better than any Center recruit we have had since Christmas.

The inclusion of New Mexico is interesting. New Mexico Guard Tavian Percy entered the transfer portal on 5/29. Now the Lobos have an open slot. The only other center is a new JUCO transfer (7'1" 240 lbs) who averaged 8.4 minutes per game at Kilgore College. Plenty of playing time available here.

New Mexico only has 1 Center? According to their roster, they have a 6'9 BF, a 6'9 guard (yes guard), 7' juco commit and another 6'9 center commit for 2020.

We play zone so if they can play the wings on defense it’s not like a team can go small ball and expose a 4in a half court set
The comment is about how our zone was attacked then verse how it is attached now. i.e. those teams tried to pound us on the glass more with multiple bigs, now more teams try to stretch the zone out and shoot 3s.

Last edited:
I am excited but will hold my enthusiasm for him a bit until he verbals here. If he does.

It is good to get a big guy with a huge wing span who can run the court well. When you can get one with a good build who you know is going to be able to get significantly stronger, and he has a giant wing span, you have to take him.

I think he has some parallels to Rakeem Christmas. That is a very good thing.
I see Warwick

These are the big guys we have taken in recent years and their 247 recruiting ranking.

Fab Melo 7'0 270 #14
Baye Moussa Keita 6'10 215 #146
Rakeem Christmas 6'8 200 #23
Dajuan Coleman 6'10 280 #22
Chinonso Obokoh 6'10 220 (no way) #180
Chris McCullough 6'8.5 198 #21
Tyler Lydon 6'9 200 #72
Taurean Thompson 6'9 200 #74
Bourama Sidibe 6'10 220 (still not true) #190
Marek Dolezai 6'9 195 #111
Jon Bol Ajak 6'10 205 #480
Jesse Edwards 6'11 205 #198

Frank Anselem is listed at 6'10 220 and ranked #184 on 247. As mentioned, he dropped well over 100 places by moving up a class.

Dajaun was once ranked as the #1 recruit after his sophmore year at JD, I believe.

I'm excited for him. I think he is a 2 or 3 year player here. Backs up Sid next year and starts in 2021. I think one of Edwards or JBA transfers out which sucks because I think we need to train up and groom our bigs but the staff obviously wanted more than what they have seen in practice and games last year.
i think it is bad form to predict transfers of team members, but if you are going down that road why wouldn't frank be as much as a candidate as the other two? imagine he finds himself 3rd or even 4th string behind the guys who are more mature and more experienced in the system?

i know i know: shiny new object. perfect opportunity for a new distracted boyfriend meme
43ufw5.jpg

Yeah, I think I’ve been a bit guilty of falling for the new kid on the block. If things go our way, then I’m just looking forward to having three bigs with the potential to lockdown the 5 spot for the next 2-3 years after this season. May the best man win. Though it doesn’t need to be just one, which is a refreshing problem to have. We’re at our best when we have a duo anchoring the middle.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I’ve been a bit guilty of falling for the new kid on the block. If things go our way, then I’m just looking forward to having three bigs with the potential to lockdown the 5 spot for the next 3-4 years. May the best man win. Though it doesn’t need to be just one, which is a refreshing problem to have. We’re at our best when we have a duo anchoring the middle.
The 2012 team had Sophomores Fab and Baye, and Freshmen Christmas. They all developed and peaked at different times, I don't think this group is that good, but I hope they prove me wrong.

Ok, we less than 6 hours away from a decision here. How about some predictions? Predict school, % of confidence in your choice, and maybe some quick rationale.

I’ll go with Cuse - about 80% confident.

I really think all the latest predictions from the recruiting “experts” tip it off for me. All the latest predictions were Syracuse, and some of these guys have ~80%-90%+ hit rates. This makes me think some intel was received from Frank’s camp.

Also, likehow he always touted his longstanding relationship with his lead recruiter (forget who it is atm).

What’s making me nervous is fact his recruitment has been all over the place, and if he wanted Cuse he could have just pulled the trigger earlier? Finally...why is Georgia back in his top 4? Little nervous about that...

let’s bring it home today!!

Last edited:
Ok, we less than 3 hours away from a decision here. How about some predictions? Predict school, % of confidence in your choice, and maybe some quick rationale.

I’ll go with Cuse - about 80% confident.

I really think all the latest predictions from the recruiting “experts” tip it off for me. All the latest predictions were Syracuse, and some of these guys have ~80%-90%+ hit rates. This makes me think some intel was received from Frank’s camp.

Also, likehow he always touted his longstanding relationship with his lead recruiter (forget who it is atm).

What’s making me nervous is fact his recruitment has been all over the place, and if he wanted Cuse he could have just pulled the trigger earlier? Finally...why is Georgia back in his top 4? Little nervous about that...

let’s bring it home today!!

*6 hours

Your prediction of our chances isn't wrong. That being said, let's not act like most of these "experts" don't just follow the crowd and change their predictions with the ones that know something so their "hit rate" is better.

Evan Daniels, however, is an expert, so once that came in I felt good.

Your prediction of our chances isn't wrong. That being said, let's not act like most of these "experts" don't just follow the crowd and change their predictions with the ones that know something so their "hit rate" is better.

Evan Daniels, however, is an expert, so once that came in I felt good.
To summarize, once Evan Daniels came in, you felt good. Is that about right?

To summarize, once Evan Daniels came in, you felt good. Is that about right?

That seems like more of a Chip & Millhouse thing to feel good about. :p

Not that there’s anything wrong with that. ;)

Dajaun was once ranked as the #1 recruit after his sophmore year at JD, I believe.
Yes, he was a classic case of a player who developed physically very early and dominated based on that.

When the rest of the kids his age started catching up with him, he wasn't as special any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom