C.J. Fair and the "Cipolla Shot" | Syracusefan.com

C.J. Fair and the "Cipolla Shot"

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
Where O where has Fair's mid-range jumper gone?

Almost all season he was deadly with that 12-16 foot baseline jumper I have affectionately called the "Cipolla Shot" since 1996.

Only 15 minutes for C.J. yesterday, largely due to his missing jumpers early and often (and often the shots were very early in the possession)

I guess as long as JSouth is canning 3's at a 60% clip, that 15 minutes is fine, but I would really like to just once see a game where all 3 of our wings play well. 1 of 3 ain't gonna get me to NOLA.

CJ hasn't looked right since the end of the regular season. Has he got some lingering illness or injury? Whatever it is I hope he gets over it by Saturday. A healthy CJ is going to be needed to make it past the Sweet Sixteen.

CJ hasn't looked right since the end of the regular season. Has he got some lingering illness or injury? Whatever it is I hope he gets over it by Saturday. A healthy CJ is going to be needed to make it past the Sweet Sixteen.

We really miss CJ's consistent 7-9 points per game. Not just for the points, but also because him scoring from that mid-range area and taking the ball to the hoop opens things up defensively for our offense to exploit. We need him to bounce back.

CJ hasn't looked the same since he's been starting.

Maybe start Dirty instead, and keep CJ coming off the bench?

Remember when Fair slipped and did a full split in the first half of the South Florida game? There wasn't a lot of talk about that, but it looked awful at the time. He wore a wrap on his knee during the second half that night and hasn't played very well since. Wonder if that's coincidental.

that
Where O where has Fair's mid-range jumper gone?

Almost all season he was deadly with that 12-16 foot baseline jumper I have affectionately called the "Cipolla Shot" since 1996.
that is the biggest myth of the season

he has hit a few, but missed a lot more. I bet his percentage outside of 10 feet is around .350

short range jumpers, yes. mid range jumpers, no.

that being said, tomorrow should be a good game for CJ. We have faced consecutive games against zone defenses that our guards have not been able to solve and consistently find our inside scorers. Frank Martin will not install a zone; we'll get a man defense and there will be plenty of dump offs for CJ (and Rak and Baye if they can catch & convert).

Last 5 games Uconn,Louisville,Uconn,Cincy,Unca he is 7 for 24 on field goals for a .292 pct and 17 pts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom