Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards has to be better than what we have. Even though he looks like another toothpick. (JB loves skinny toothpicks).

It looks to me like this is the kind of team, athletically speaking, other coaches often turn into fun-to-watch, successful surprises. I think maybe we'll see just how much JB really does have left in his tank, at least from a player development standpoint.

Your post causes me furiously to think...or at least go hmm...
Would be interesting then.
hmm.gif

Is there a real difference between your 3s and 4s anyway? I view oshae as more of a 3 size wise. We had oshae and hughes on the wings this year. No reason couldnt have guerrier and jackson out there at same time. Jackson needs to beef up seriously though before he plays d1.
Well, the 3s think they can hit three pointers consistently but they can't. While the 4s think they can dribble through the lane consistently but they can't.

Otherwise, pretty similar.

:)

Well, the 3s think they can hit three pointers consistently but they can't. While the 4s think they can dribble through the lane consistently but they can't.

Otherwise, pretty similar.

:)
So Brissett really is a 3.5 ;)

I do as well. I get the skepticism (based on our track record + limited highlights), but I think he's going to surprise. I kinda like what we have for next year. Lots of fresh blood. Maybe we're due for a semi "reboot". Build around Jalen, Buddy, Goodine, Girard, Guerrier, Braswell, Edwards, JBA. There is NO reason why there can't be a quality team comprised of that group (mixed in with vets like Marek, Hughes, grad transfer, etc)

Rony was a crazy athlete. Don't see it in this kid. However, this kid has more skills than Rony as a frosh, which is a big positive.

It took Rony a couple years to get his footwork together. He was a foul waiting to happen at first, but by the end of his sophomore year, he was really getting it together.

Thompson, Lydon, Coleman, McCullough, Jackson, Onuaku ...
Rakeem Christmas. Daryl Watkins—had good junior and senior years and was a top 100 player. Etan.

I think with 3 star players it is unrealistic to expect them to step in right away and provide high quality minutes, especially with the bigs. My best hope for JBA and Edwards is that they provide some decent minutes off the bench. If they provide some scoring all the better but at least between the two of them be able to stay on the court for extended stretches when needed. From the tape Edwards appeared to be a little more athletic and JBA more physical. Both have some skills that down the road make them attractive recruits.

I think they will both end up being very good players for us. I can see both starting in 2 years.

I think with 3 star players it is unrealistic to expect them to step in right away and provide high quality minutes, especially with the bigs. My best hope for JBA and Edwards is that they provide some decent minutes off the bench. If they provide some scoring all the better but at least between the two of them be able to stay on the court for extended stretches when needed. From the tape Edwards appeared to be a little more athletic and JBA more physical. Both have some skills that down the road make them attractive recruits.

Very fair statements. JBA is probably more ready right now. I just don't see Boeheim letting him shoot the 3, which is his main strength right now. Edwards is more naturally athletic, but not quite as big or as strong.

I like this pickup a lot...fits the profile of what the team needs at this position.

Overall, looking at the roster...with the sheer # of players now - finally - that the sanctions are over...gotta think there will be a few positive surprises...too many decent players on deck for a few not to impress/exceed expectations, imo...

...no telling who those players will be...but if I had to guess I'd put edwards' odds pretty high on that list...

It took Rony a couple years to get his footwork together. He was a foul waiting to happen at first, but by the end of his sophomore
Very fair statements. JBA is probably more ready right now. I just don't see Boeheim letting him shoot the 3, which is his main strength right now. Edwards is more naturally athletic, but not quite as big or as strong.
i'm one of jba's biggest boosters, but i don't expect immediate impact. he grew up playing soccer & didn't pick up a basketball till he came to the states at age 15. i would think he's at least a year away from impact minutes

i'm one of jba's biggest boosters, but i don't expect immediate impact. he grew up playing soccer & didn't pick up a basketball till he came to the states at age 15. i would think he's at least a year away from impact minutes

But if Edwards and JBA were the choices, and there is no grad transfer, then this is what we have.
Sidibe's health is very much in question, which makes it look like Marek might play 25+ minutes at center next year. That is sub-optimal, as they say on Men in Blazers. I hate to see that kid having gone to UMass at 6-9 245. Yes, his HS coach wanted an assistant's job. I understand, but we need a kid like that.

But if Edwards and JBA were the choices, and there is no grad transfer, then this is what we have.
Sidibe's health is very much in question, which makes it look like Marek might play 25+ minutes at center next year. That is sub-optimal, as they say on Men in Blazers. I hate to see that kid having gone to UMass at 6-9 245. Yes, his HS coach wanted an assistant's job. I understand, but we need a kid like that.

If Boeheim wasn't going to give one to Tiny Morton, he's not giving one to Tre Mitchell's coach. Once you start going down that route, it's a very slippery slope. Whitehead was a legit 5* player and an McD as well as JB AA. Mitchell is in the latter portion of the ESPN 100.

If Boeheim wasn't going to give one to Tiny Morton, he's not giving one to Tre Mitchell's coach. Once you start going down that route, it's a very slippery slope. Whitehead was a legit 5* player and an McD as well as JB AA. Mitchell is in the latter portion of the ESPN 100.

Yeah, it's one thing to do that for a Danny Manning, but not for this kid.

Still, my point is that there have to still be a few worthwhile big men still out there on the waiver wire.

I feel like Dino would have gotten this done by now.

one or both may get minutes but i just don't expect jba to have the impact in year 1 that he will in the out years

boeheim will have 5 guys standing 6-9 or better next year. i'm as sure he'll get a rotation out of it as i am that the man cave geniuses will carp about it

Sidibe recovering physically would be massive. Him bouncing back would erase a huge question mark for next year's team.

Sidibe with some Marek sprinkled in wouldn't be bad, with either Edwards or JBA in reserve = quality depth

I like Sidibe's offensive potential, too. But it is all predicated upon him regaining his leg explosion and being able to run pain free. Last year cast a really big shadow on whether he can even get back to square one.

one or both may get minutes but i just don't expect jba to have the impact in year 1 that he will in the out years

boeheim will have 5 guys standing 6-9 or better next year. i'm as sure he'll get a rotation out of it as i am that the man cave geniuses will carp about it
Man Cave Genius Carps sounds like a Japanese professional baseball team.

With all that size and depth he won’t have to worry about foul trouble playing man to man!

Sidibe recovering physically would be massive. Him bouncing back would erase a huge question mark for next year's team.

Sidibe with some Marek sprinkled in wouldn't be bad, with either Edwards or JBA in reserve = quality depth

I like Sidibe's offensive potential, too. But it is all predicated upon him regaining his leg explosion and being able to run pain free. Last year cast a really big shadow on whether he can even get back to square one.
Sid has a tough road to hoe

With all that size and depth he won’t have to worry about foul trouble playing man to man!
...or full court-pressing a lot!...with the 2-3 being the fallback...

would love to see that...get in a run and gun game jacking 3s in transition...with all the gunners on the roster would be fun to watch...

now that there are ostensibly 20 fouls at the 5 spot to give up...shouldn't have to worry about any team with size dominating a la blake griffin or zion...etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.