Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sid has a tough road to hoe

No doubt.

I completely understand people who think that he's diminished [a la D. Coleman] and won't ever live up to the early promise.

I also understand those who are optimistic that he might bounce back.

Guess we'll have a better sense during the Italian tour this summer.

Sidibe recovering physically would be massive. Him bouncing back would erase a huge question mark for next year's team.

Sidibe with some Marek sprinkled in wouldn't be bad, with either Edwards or JBA in reserve = quality depth

I like Sidibe's offensive potential, too. But it is all predicated upon him regaining his leg explosion and being able to run pain free. Last year cast a really big shadow on whether he can even get back to square one.
i always thought he'd make a big impact defensively & hoped the offense would come around as an upperclassman. thought he could eventually play a role for su like diakite is playing for uva

still hoping . .

recruiting in the lightning round:

• kid arrives in america in early january
  • coach tips off griff who makes several visits to florida to assess
  • griff briefs jb, gets the go ahead, makes an offer on feb. 6, just a month after the kid arrives stateside
  • this thread launches on march 6, one month later
  • edwards & parents visit weekend of march 30-31
  • kid commits on april 5
have a cup of coffee, griff, because it is for closers

We beat out g.tech. I’d say griffin earned Green mountain or wegmans discount blend. Save the recess premium arabica for when we have to fight off real competition.

We beat out g.tech. I’d say griffin earned Green mountain or wegmans discount blend. Save the recess premium arabica for when we have to fight off real competition.

this might be your best post

Only time will tell. Biggest worry is his slight frame, obviously. All of the other tools are there. Need to see more from this staff as it relates to player development. This will be a good case study.

• griff briefs jb, gets the go ahead, makes an offer on feb. 6, just a month after the kid arrives stateside
  • kid commits on april 5
I want to know what @jurrie thinks about this!

do we really know what his size is.. some say 215 some way 190.. if he closer to 215 not hard to get to 220+ pretty quickly

do we really know what his size is.. some say 215 some way 190.. if he closer to 215 not hard to get to 220+ pretty quickly

He looks like he has the body of a forward rather than a center. I think they said that the kid he was going against in the IMG Scrimmage video was 7-2 and about 240. That would make the 6-10 height seem legit, but I would only put his weight at around 200 lbs, maybe 210, but I don't think so.

His recruiting videos said he was at 188 as of April 2018

• kid commits on april 5
Griff has character and integrity. He earned my respect when he sat on the bench until it was his turn to start at pg.

i always thought he'd make a big impact defensively & hoped the offense would come around as an upperclassman. thought he could eventually play a role for su like diakite is playing for uva

still hoping . .
Sidibe has been mostly terrible defensively. I understand not being the offensive threat we hoped or even many saw based on his HS work, but he just doesn't seem to understand how not to foul. If that improves, he can be effective even if his O-game never comes back. He's shown flashes of finishing far better than Chukwu ever could, so I have some hope there, but he has to be able to stay on the floor and make that defensive impact.

Sidibe has been mostly terrible defensively. I understand not being the offensive threat we hoped or even many saw based on his HS work, but he just doesn't seem to understand how not to foul. If that improves, he can be effective even if his O-game never comes back. He's shown flashes of finishing far better than Chukwu ever could, so I have some hope there, but he has to be able to stay on the floor and make that defensive impact.
I hope Sidibe can reign in his fouls. I know at one point someone on this board calculated that he was averaging 10+ fouls per 40 minutes. I think he could never get in a flow enough for offense or defense. I think he can get 15+ minutes/game if he can stay out of foul trouble. A lot of it has to do with bad positioning on defense and sliding over too late. A lot of fouls are just dumb fouls

His recruiting videos said he was at 188 as of April 2018
I've heard he was 200 in early January and has already added 10 pounds as of mid-April - to 210. That's a nice slope (+/- 3 lbs./mo.), so not unrealistic to hope for 225 by season start.

Last edited:
Does water feel wet to a fish?

Does air feel dry to a hooman?
There's an 'interesting' online debate as to whether something underwater is actually "wet" while it's under water. Versus when it is out of the water, but still has water on it. Kind of like the tree/forest thing, i guess.

I'm 64 and have a seventeen year old...……………….and I'm hoping to see her graduate from high school. Haha

I am also 64 with a 17 year old, and not retiring any day soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.