Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll simply say that I hope he's made a lot of progress since that initial highlight video was made.

Guess beggars can't be choosers though.

He's from the Netherlands? Seems like he's ready for the Orange. No, this picture is not from the Carrier Dome.
dutch-fans1.jpg.6a9141303c260025b255c8490ec733e5.jpg

What risk?
The risk of taking up the schollie over an unknown to come later. We're close to done with available schollies for next year.

For next year this guy does not seem like he adds much. To me, this would kind of disappointingly indicate a center deficiency next year. Rolling with Marek/Sid and 3rd string trouble (Marek should have been the 3rd string trouble guy but looks like he might start).

I'd rather have someone who looks like SU can get a good 15 mpg next year. I'm excited about next year but view the center as the weak link. I would like a player with an immediate impact over a developmental center. Immediate PT could help lure a transfer to a top program like SU.

The risk of taking up the schollie over an unknown to come later. We're close to done with available schollies for next year.

For next year this guy does not seem like he adds much. To me, this would kind of disappointingly indicate a center deficiency next year. Rolling with Marek/Sid and 3rd string trouble (Marek should have been the 3rd string trouble guy but looks like he might start).

I'd rather have someone who looks like SU can get a good 15 mpg next year. I'm excited about next year but view the center as the weak link. I would like a player with an immediate impact over a developmental center. Immediate PT could help lure a transfer to a top program like SU.
I think we'd all prefer a player with an immediate impact.

I think everyone should get comfortable with the idea that Marek is our starting 5 next year, and that's actually going to be a good thing.

We need Sidibe to either get healthy or JBA to come in a little more ready to play, because we do need a 2nd option.

I think we'd all prefer a player with an immediate impact.

I think everyone should get comfortable with the idea that Marek is our starting 5 next year, and that's actually going to be a good thing.

We need Sidibe to either get healthy or JBA to come in a little more ready to play, because we do need a 2nd option.
The point was if we take this guy it looks like we preclude ourselves from getting a game ready player for next year. We'd have another project. I think I would prefer holding out for a transfer who could be in competition for the backup spot at least.

What scares me is if BS IS healthy. This doesn't seem like an acute injury, but a chronic condition that will only degrade as he ages...
There's a lot we don't know, but given that for two years he hasn't looked right, I think it's fair to wonder if he'll ever get there.

Yeah, there is no question this kid is a 4. No chance he's a 5 in our system -- only way he plays there is out of absolute necessity. Not a primary option there.

That being said, he does look like he is skilled and can play a little bit. Only thing is, where are his minutes coming from and where is the scholarship coming from -- especially if we are still in the market for another center.

Current breakdown for next year, assuming everyone that is expected back will be back

Guard - Boeheim, Hughes, Goodine, Girard, Carey, Washington
Forward - Brissett, Dolezaj, Braswell, Guerrier
Center - Sidibe, JBA

Leaves one more slot for either this kid or a center, which is what we need the most.

Or we just role with Sidibe & Dolezaj and pray. Seems to be a lot of praying lately.

I'm not excited about next year whatsoever, I think it's definitely another double-digit loss season. The year after is the one where we might hit the top 20 again as we shouldn't really be losing anyone after next year.

Yeah, there is no question this kid is a 4. No chance he's a 5 in our system -- only way he plays there is out of absolute necessity. Not a primary option there.

That being said, he does look like he is skilled and can play a little bit. Only thing is, where are his minutes coming from and where is the scholarship coming from -- especially if we are still in the market for another center.

Current breakdown for next year, assuming everyone that is expected back will be back

Guard - Boeheim, Hughes, Goodine, Girard, Carey, Washington
Forward - Brissett, Dolezaj, Braswell, Guerrier
Center - Sidibe, JBA

Leaves one more slot for either this kid or a center, which is what we need the most.

Or we just role with Sidibe & Dolezaj and pray. Seems to be a lot of praying lately.
Yeah, if you could go ahead and move Hughes back to forward and Marek to the 5, that would be great.

I'm not excited about next year whatsoever, I think it's definitely another double-digit loss season. The year after is the one where we might hit the top 20 again as we shouldn't really be losing anyone after next year.

Next year is a reset and expectations should be lowered. Could lead to a fruitful 2020-21 season.

Sometimes Choice C turns out to be the best choice.

Or it helps lead to 13 loss seasons being the new normal instead of the exception.

Next year is a reset and expectations should be lowered. Could lead to a fruitful 2020-21 season.

Meh. We have been saying this since 2015 that the year after should be better. And it hasn't.

Jumping in this late on a "4"--

Does this mean the coaches have been advised that one of our forwards is not returning?

Meh. We have been saying this since 2015 that the year after should be better. And it hasn't.

Who's we? The expectations were high this season given the collective experience.

edwards physically resembles a young chris mccullough

physically. not skil-wise at the same age. not even close.

edwards physically resembles a young chris mccullough

physically. not skil-wise at the same age. not even close.

mccullough Was a very solid player. Gets lost in history with his short stint here due to injury. But he put up legit numbers for a young player. Would have been really damn good as a soph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom