Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping in this late on a "4"--

Does this mean the coaches have been advised that one of our forwards is not returning?

Yes it's been suggested by a mod that Oshae will be taking his unique talents to miss 3 pointers and lay-ups to Europe . That's the place where they value really good shooting, passing ability and sometimes even a chippie. Maybe the rims are lower. Well there's always the Phillipines , China or Mongolia. He's got a passport.

Yes it's been suggested by a mod that Oshae will be taking his unique talents to miss 3 pointers and lay-ups to Europe . That's the place where they value really good shooting, passing ability and sometimes even a chippie. Maybe the rims are lower. Well there's always the Phillipines , China or Mongolia. He's got a passport.
Pure speculation on my part. I could see it, not sure that’s what will happen.

Im not sure how realistic he was to pursue in the first place, clearly he was looking for something we could not offer.
We pursued we didn't land.

There's a lot we don't know, but given that for two years he hasn't looked right, I think it's fair to wonder if he'll ever get there.
He won't

He looks like a fluid athlete with a frame that can add some mass - of course we seem to have been unable to add much mass to athletes in our program not named Cooney, but that is another topic. At this point a big kid who can catch and dribble seems worth it on a flyer.

Opposing player after being chewed out for a charging foul......"but coach they so skinny that zone be invisible"
Once upon a time we had Roy's Runts....now we have Boeheim's Beanpoles! or Boeheim's Twiglets!

Last edited:
Opposing player after being chewed out for a charging foul..."but coach they so skinny that zone be invisible"
Once upon a time we had Roy's Runts...now we have Boeheim's Beanpoles! or Boeheim's Twiglets!

When you lack length it's all about the girth...

Nash said Edwards needs to add some weight to his frame. He weighs 215 pounds after putting on 10 pounds in his short time at IMG, according to Nash.

“We hope he can gain another 10 to 15 more before the end of the year here,’’ Nash said.

Football conditioning and basketball conditioning are different animals.

Not to mention, guys with “football bodies” tend to gain weight easier and those guys tend to play...football.

Some basketball players just don’t have the body. Acting like it’s all about weights and how hard they work and what they eat is misguided. Genetics is a huge part of it too.

Griff has been down to see him a few times according to the article above. Also states hes up to 215lbs. Not sure how believable that actual number is but I'd be happy with any weight gain since getting to IMG. This kid could end up being the ultimate under the radar recruit!

Griff has been down to see him a few times according to the article above. Also states hes up to 215lbs. Not sure how believable that actual number is but I'd be happy with any weight gain since getting to IMG. This kid could end up being the ultimate under the radar recruit!
215lbs! Gotta hit the gym My son at 6'3" is 215lbs.

Interesting. We are clearly in plan C mode.
I think everyone pretty much assumed A and B were off the table, no?

Nash said Edwards needs to add some weight to his frame. He weighs 215 pounds after putting on 10 pounds in his short time at IMG, according to Nash.

“We hope he can gain another 10 to 15 more before the end of the year here,’’ Nash said.
The embedded video wasn't loading for me. Here's the video on youtube, if anyone else had an issue.

Generally you don't find too many blue chippers this late in the recruiting cycle unless they change their classification. But we can still be very optimistic how big an upside this kid has. He would project out to a 4+ year player anyways so hopefully he would pan out to be a rotation player.

I would recommend that he, Doley, JBA get on an all protein diet. You don't need a degree in nutrition to gain weight. Just a degree in googlology.
The 18 Best Healthy Foods to Gain Weight Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.