Class of 2017 - C Johnny Jordan (VA) Transferring to Virginia Tech | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C Johnny Jordan (VA) Transferring to Virginia Tech

Have to believe a two year starter and HM All Big 10 player will be looking to upgrade beyond Syracuse status.
May not be looking for an upgrade but a change of school. Why not come to su when you have a great chance to come in and start with acc exposure.

Because he can probably do that for any number of ACC or SEC bowl teams.

Sad rec.

We need a kid like this a LOT MORE than he 'needs' us.
He'll have his pick of dozens of options, of which we may be amongst the least attractive.

In our favor - he'd be a lock to start, and on a MUCH improved O-Line when you also factor Bleich into the mix. And we now have a 'proven' RB1 in Tucker returning, along with a vastly upgraded QB room.

So - we do have a sales pitch for him. It just may be lacking compared to others he'll likely get.

The portal pounds Rutgers.

RUTGERSCRUSHED.gif
What in the world is Mikhail Marinovich doing in that video? He looks confused like he didn't know a person could get hit that hard. Or maybe he thinks the football is the Rutgers dude's head. Either way, an odd reaction.

What in the world is Mikhail Marinovich doing in that video? He looks confused like he didn't know a person could get hit that hard. Or maybe he thinks the football is the Rutgers dude's head. Either way, an odd reaction.

LOL I wondered the same thing. I'm guessing for that split second he did't see the fumble. Classic though.

We have not even reached out to gauge his interest. So very disappointed in this staff. We need help all over the OL, especially center. We missed on his initial recruitmen, no excuses not trying to rectify that miss.

He will not transfer to another Big Ten East school, despite several reaching out.

This play and the one where Hogue stops a RB dead in his tracks on a run up the middle, there was some violent hits in that game.
Hogue was 09 and this play was 2011. But still yes on the violent hits.

We have not even reached out to gauge his interest. So very disappointed in this staff. We need help all over the OL, especially center. We missed on his initial recruitmen, no excuses not trying to rectify that miss.

He will not transfer to another Big Ten East school, despite several reaching out.

If you're in the know and he has interest in Cuse I'm sure it would be easy to get a message to the recruiting coordinator or OL coach.

SOmetimes seems like Dino and staff are asleep at the wheel. He says we lack depth but with the abundance of bodies in the portal there is no reason that should longer be true. We have slots. Use them. Pound it

Would love to have a Gonzaga kid. WCAC best HS conference in the east IMO.

i bet you 2 dozen other schools already contacted him. At this point it’s probably too late to sift through the weeds to get to him

i bet you 2 dozen other schools already contacted him. At this point it’s probably too late to sift through the weeds to get to him

And YOU know we weren’t one of the first schools to reach out to him HOW?? :rolleyes:

No one thought we could or would get the QB we did. Clearly the staff has identified needs and is on a path to address those needs. Given the outcome with Shrader, I am willing to see what else happens before July practice starts.

And YOU know we weren’t one of the first schools to reach out to him HOW?? :rolleyes:
I am copying this from another, similar thread ("Transfers and Offensive Line") because I think it fits very well here, too:

So, which idioms do we follow with regards to the portal:

He who hesitates is lost, or, patience is a virtue?
The early bird gets the worm, or, good things come to those who wait?
You snooze you lose, or, Rome wasn't built in a day?

I could keep going, but my point is that actions are often justified after the fact. While perception is often equated with reality, the fact is that we don't really know how the coaches perceive the team's strengths and deficiencies. I think that if our perception is even close to what the coaches believe, then they have a plan. If they think (perceive) differently, then either they will follow the path they think is most appropriate and be successful---if they're correct, or if they are incorrect, then their faults will cost them their jobs.
But this is a fan forum, so we can have our fun as this plays out and debate, second-guess, pearl clutch, piss and moan, etc.
I'm off to get some popcorn...

So Jordan went into the portal Tuesday of this week. Today is Thursday and people are in an uproar because we might not have reached out yet?
Yes. Should have reached out in 15 minutes

No one thought we could or would get the QB we did. Clearly the staff has identified needs and is on a path to address those needs. Given the outcome with Shrader, I am willing to see what else happens before July practice starts.
I’m hoping we get them on campus before spring ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom