Class of 2017 - C Johnny Jordan (VA) Transferring to Virginia Tech | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C Johnny Jordan (VA) Transferring to Virginia Tech

I’m hoping we get them on campus before spring ball.
Yeah, I said July only because there have been a few occasions we have reeled in players that late. I agree hopefully we have everyone before spring.

Read what orangeBuddha just said, then if you doubt him read what he posted in the first few posts on the thread way back when we first recruited him. I think OB knows what’s going on here
So...Dino is hell bent on just losing? Or maybe he feels he has other options coming down the pipe? Maybe he has another daughter who dates an O.L. from a major university.

We have not even reached out to gauge his interest. So very disappointed in this staff. We need help all over the OL, especially center. We missed on his initial recruitmen, no excuses not trying to rectify that miss.

He will not transfer to another Big Ten East school, despite several reaching out.
Is it possible the staff already knows he's not interested based what they know from recruiting him previously? Honest question. You seem to be in the know.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up over how hard it how quickly we're pounding the portal, fact of the matter is we're still all going to die some day.
Rose Castorini?

I don't know why people are getting so worked up over how hard it how quickly we're pounding the portal, fact of the matter is we're still all going to die some day.
And don't forget about ISIS

Yeah, I said July only because there have been a few occasions we have reeled in players that late. I agree hopefully we have everyone before spring.
July is a pretty typical time frame for JUCOs.

Is it possible the staff already knows he's not interested based what they know from recruiting him previously? Honest question. You seem to be in the know.

He would have interest ... although I’m not sure he would ultimately select SU. It really comes down to the one year opportunity and some other factors. It is up to Dino et al to sell the vision.

He would have interest ... although I’m not sure he would ultimately select SU. It really comes down to the one year opportunity and some other factors. It is up to Dino et al to sell the vision.

all that and we’re not sure he’s that interested? Recruiting is weird, but recruiting seniors is weirder. What’s his end goal? NFL? does one year here do anything to sway NFL teams? If so, come here. Winning? Like Syracuse 2021 is probably thinking bowl or bust. Is that good enough.

What about grad school? I don’t know what he’s after degree wise. A mix of Maryland and Syracuse connections is pretty good.

What can Dino sell him on that he shouldn’t already be aware of?

Leaves Maryland Tuesday and committed day after Christmas. He was going there the whole time would be my guess. Good luck to him, VT grabbed a good one.

Leaves Maryland Tuesday and committed day after Christmas. He was going there the whole time would be my guess. Good luck to him, VT grabbed a good one.

Nope. Not true.VaTech only came into the picture the evening he entered the portal. First team to contact him was Penn State. More than 10 power conference schools reached out to him within 24 hours of him entering the portal, including nearly all of our rivals.

Nope. Not true.VaTech only came into the picture the evening he entered the portal. First team to contact him was Penn State. More than 10 power conference schools reached out to him within 24 hours of him entering the portal, including nearly all of our rivals.
And it seems that he chose the school he felt comfortable attending, one close to home. Just like UMD.

‘I support Dino and staff. I never said they should be fired. However, I am extremely disappointed that the staff never reached out to make its case for an all-ACC caliber OC. And I remain disappointed.
Maybe they just got out recruited. Do you think the staff is not putting enough effort into transfers? Its not like these guys are commitng to lesser programs so its hard for me to believe that contacting him first would be the difference in his decision. You can contact him initially but you still have to do your due diligence when you dont know much about the kid or dont know people in his circle.

Maybe they just got out recruited. Do you think the staff is not putting enough effort into transfers? Its not like these guys are commitng to lesser programs so its hard for me to believe that contacting him first would be the difference in his decision. You can contact him initially but you still have to do your due diligence when you dont know much about the kid or dont know people in his circle.
One reason why I figured Jordan had one foot in the door with VT, even if back channel. Flipping in 2 days seems really quick.

A - and you know he didn’t?

B - does it matter either way?
A - there is a familial relation in the thread saying we didn’t.

B -maybe not but we did recruit the guy out of HS so it’s not like we didn’t want him before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom