Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA46F8D3-BD0F-4310-8020-E733CB06C569.png

It’s pretty obvious when you compare our players to others, that our players are not committed to the weight room. If this is a program issue, there needs some changes made. This is not a new concern. I’m not just talking about our centers. OB, Howard, Washington, Carey and Buddy all look like they are allergic to weights. Maybe they need to work with the footballs trainer.

I think with some guys, there is a concern that they could losing their shooting touch if they got too jacked. Cooney, I seem to recall, had this said about him his senior year.

Swatted a few 3-balls cleanly as a Frosh, coming out from the post.
Very Hak-esque.

Shame his career has been derailed by injuries since then. Hope he can get back to that again.

If somehow he could be as healthy as his senior year in HS next season, we will be a much, much better team. He's not just a defensive player. He was quite good with his back to the basket, and could score over either shoulder, just like Rick Jackson used to do.

If somehow he could be as healthy as his senior year in HS next season, we will be a much, much better team. He's not just a defensive player. He was quite good with his back to the basket, and could score over either shoulder, just like Rick Jackson used to do.
I remember Arinze scoring over both shoulders, not Rick.

I think with some guys, there is a concern that they could losing their shooting touch if they got too jacked. Cooney, I seem to recall, had this said about him his senior year.
Yeah, people said it. Doesn’t make it rational though.

Come on man - the kid was like a top 200 recruit

Rick Jackson was borderline top 50 4 star recruit. Neuman Goretti won the Philly Catholic League championship that year, with Scoop.

Rick Jackson was borderline top 50 4 star recruit. Neuman Goretti won the Philly Catholic League championship that year, with Scoop.
think he was talking about sidibe

It is just my opinion so take that for what it is, but from the videos and games I watched he was not that much of defensive presence on the floor (maybe someone has his block shot stats from the year?). I would be very surprised if he is able to provide much on the defensive end as a center on next years team in conference play. He looks much more like a 4 to me in our system then a 5, again JMHO

He was a late bloomer and had a terrific senior year.
From Syracuse.com, at the time of his commitment:

"Sidibe, a 6-foot-11 senior center at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J., picked the Orange over finalists Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. He also had offers from Maryland, Memphis, Seton Hall and Arizona State.

A native of Mali, Sidibe is moving up the recruiting charts. [An unnamed service] gives him a 4-star rating. ESPN.com has him ranked as the No. 15 center in this year's class. He's not in ESPN.com's Top 100 recruits for the 2017 class, but his grade of 82 is the same as every player between 88 and 100.

Sidibe averaged approximately 13 points and 11 rebounds per game for St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, N.J., this past season. Sidibe helped the Gray Bees to a 35-2 record. "

Path for international basketball players at Syracuse requires patience, hope

It is just my opinion so take that for what it is, but from the videos and games I watched he was not that much of defensive presence on the floor (maybe someone has his block shot stats from the year?). I would be very surprised if he is able to provide much on the defensive end as a center on next years team in conference play. He looks much more like a 4 to me in our system then a 5, again JMHO
He blocked everything when he first starting playing his freshman year. He ran people down and blocked shots rotating out to the corner.

He blocked everything when he first starting playing his freshman year. He ran people down and blocked shots rotating out to the corner.

Im sorry, I was referring to JBA

Jb in to see westtown today

Cant post photo since i got new phone but nice shot of jon and jb on the gram

I believe there’s others at west town we’re recrutiing like Camden(‘21).

I'll be spending a couple days on campus in about 4 weeks, looking forward to the visit and getting over to the gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom