Class of 2020 - C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Joshua Morgan / Long Beach St Transfer

Sign me up. I’d take him over having to hope that we land Mac. Solid replacement for Sid, and worst case he ends up behind JBA, and Jesse. Not much risk in adding him, and he seems to have the potential to be great anchoring the middle of the zone, along with cleaning up the glass. Sometimes we worry too much about weight on our bigs, especially when you’re really not gonna man up on another big in the zone too often. For rebounds, yeah, but weight doesn’t matter all that much if you’re fundamentally sound, and box out. And he seems to do that, which is refreshing to see.

Spent 3 years working at LB state. Got my masters there. Great place. Horrrrrible basketball environment though. NO ONE cares and I mean no one. Love Monson to death. Good friend and he has ties to Central New York. I’m texting him and getting the low down... sit tight

His passing reminds me of Marek
Smooth alley oop pass.
Unfortunate that this was an offense-only reel. Couldn't get a sense of Morgan's defensive skills at all.
Well, maybe he's a fan of 'oddball' sports arenas and will trade a Pyramid for a Dome.

Smooth alley oop pass.
Unfortunate that this was an offense-only reel. Couldn't get a sense of Morgan's defensive skills at all.
Well, maybe he's a fan of 'oddball' sports arenas and will trade a Pyramid for a Dome.
I'm so starved for sports right now that I watch that whole thing and was rooting for the Long Beach upset. My one takeaway was that LBSU needs Howard Washington. Their pg got his pocket picked 3 or 4 times in a 12 minute highlight reel.

Smooth alley oop pass.
watch the other one I posted.

watch the other one I posted.
I did, afterward.
I don’t like his jumper. If Sid ‘wasn’t allowed’ to employ his very pretty midrange game, I kinda doubt Morgan would be encouraged to. But who knows. Morgan seemed to play some PF in these clips, too. It would be interesting to see how the staff used him. We would basically have a bunch of skinny forwards playing center. Those conversions haven’t gone super super smoothly. Really curious about The Ajak Tranformation.

I did, afterward.
I don’t like his jumper. If Sid ‘wasn’t allowed’ to employ his very pretty midrange game, I kinda doubt Morgan would be encouraged to. But who knows. Morgan seemed to play some PF in these clips, too. It would be interesting to see how the staff used him. We would basically have a bunch of skinny forwards playing center. Those conversions haven’t gone super super smoothly. Really curious about The Ajak Tranformation.
Long armed guys jumper always look funny, Jeremy Grants jumper still looks funny to me and he is shooting close to 40% from 3 in the NBA.

They were playing a 3-2 defensive in some clips so there is not really a center on defense. On offense I saw no post play from him.

I think the push to go after other bigs tells me Ajak will probably needs more time to develop.

I'm on record wanting Edwards to RS next year.
Morgan is skinny but he looks bigger than Edwards.

Last edited:
I'm so starved for sports right now that I watch that whole thing and was rooting for the Long Beach upset. My one takeaway was that LBSU needs Howard Washington. Their pg got his pocket picked 3 or 4 times in a 12 minute highlight reel.

Too bad we can’t just trade HW to them for this kid.

Shoot, I'd take the bird in hand. This kid has also proven himself on the college level.

Exactly. Take what you can get, instead of risking being left at the alter by Mac. And he’s not some stiff that will turn out to be a DaShonte Riley, and a waste of a scholarship. No offense (hate when people say that) DR. Finished at EMU putting up solid numbers on the boards, and blocking shots. This kid is legit, and it seems to me that he could contribute right away, when he becomes eligible.

Exactly. Take what you can get, instead of risking being left at the alter by Mac. And he’s not some stiff that will turn out to be a DaShonte Riley, and a waste of a scholarship. No offense (hate when people say that) DR. Finished at EMU putting up solid numbers on the boards, and blocking shots. This kid is legit, and it seems to me that he could contribute right away, when he becomes eligible.
I’m with you.

I think we hope the combo of him/JBA/Edwards will be a solid trio going forward at the 5; they all have varying skill sets and could compliment each other well. Then we can almost ignore recruiting for the 5 for the next few years

This guy’s intriguing for sure.

In 8 games vs best comp he still averaged 8.6 ppg, 6 rpg & 2.3 blocks. Including these games:

vs Prov - 12 / 9 / 3
vs USC - 11 / 6 / 4
vs Wake - 10 / 7 / 4
vs UCLA - 10 / 7 / 3

BUT man, just same body type as rest of our bigs. Was really hoping for that bruiser / bully rebounder. But that guy can still come (especially since we only need 3 guards on roster apparently).

This guy’s intriguing for sure.

In 8 games vs best comp he still averaged 8.6 ppg, 6 rpg & 2.3 blocks. Including these games:

vs Prov - 12 / 9 / 3
vs USC - 11 / 6 / 4
vs Wake - 10 / 7 / 4
vs UCLA - 10 / 7 / 3

BUT man, just same body type as rest of our bigs. Was really hoping for that bruiser / bully rebounder. But that guy can still come (especially since we only need 3 guards on roster apparently).
Based on weight gain from HS to college, it appears this kid along with JBA definitely have the ability to put on some weight

He’s not moving across the country to come here, so this thread might as well end. Everyone will just get teed off when he chooses someplace else.

So you've talked to him? Thanks for sharing your inside information.
When was the last west coast kid SU recruited and landed? We can’t get kids from Rochester, but can get them from California. Good luck!

The more I look this guy up, he is a dream add. He excites me more then Tape, but he probably stays out west. Got to think Oregon is the place. They are huge with transfers the last couple years, good track record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom