Class of 2020 - C Makur Maker to Howard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Makur Maker to Howard

Eh. Every situation isn’t the same. Darius Bazley didn’t even play and went in the first round.

It helped that his agent is Rich Paul.

The amount of out-of-touch comments in this thread show why he made the decision to go to Howard better than just about anything else
It’s not unreasonable to question why something that has never happened is occuring. It is somewhat condescending to label something as out-of-touch just because you don’t agree with the way it was presented. Maybe a few comments could’ve been stated more eloquently, but these are unusual times and this is an unusual event. (And this is the internet). Howard is a pretty good school in a vibrant community, but they are not known for 5 star seven footers.

Awesome. Love it. Even if he never shows up on campus, it sends a message. It may be the simplest and best way to get the backward-@ss self-entitled people out there to understand that what you think and do has effects in the world that you may not like. You're not owed anything for your rotten brain and rotten behavior. Would love to see a boycott on the SEC to start.

Awesome. Love it. Even if he never shows up on campus, it sends a message. It may be the simplest and best way to get the backward-@ss self-entitled people out there to understand that what you think and do has effects in the world that you may not like. You're not owed anything for your rotten brain and rotten behavior. Would love to see a boycott on the SEC to start.
Maybe I don’t understand the dynamics of the board, being a newbie. Isn‘t that a pretty big leap from deciding where to go to college and what you just posted? Who are these evil people you are referring to? The UCLA coaching staff? The whole world?

Maybe I don’t understand the dynamics of the board, being a newbie. Isn‘t that a pretty big leap from deciding where to go to college and what you just posted? Who are these evil people you are referring to? The UCLA coaching staff? The whole world?

Black people in this country have little power to effect real social change as we've seen for hundreds and hundreds of years. This is one place where they can and they should. I'm not saying anything more about it bc I'm not going to be responsible for this thread going away. If you don't get it, that's not my problem that's yours.

Things I am not opposed to:
1. There being more good teams, and thus more good games on, during college basketball season.

Black people in this country have little power to effect real social change as we've seen for hundreds and hundreds of years. This is one place where they can and they should. I'm not saying anything more about it bc I'm not going to be responsible for this thread going away. If you don't get it, that's not my problem that's yours.
Ok, but you just made some sweeping accusations, then some general societal proclamations over a kids college choice (to a team that went 4-29 last year). That fact, combined with your comments just seem really odd that’s all. I wish the kid well.

I’m a cynical person, it’s a flaw. But I have to ask: why now? Why was this not happening last year, or 5, 10, 30 years ago? Nothing that is being protested right now is new. Everyone virtue signaling today was perfectly happy living with the same injustices for the entire previous duration of their lives.

Makes a lot more sense for these kids to go to Howard than to go to these schools with a bunch of redneck racist fans in these stands.
A bunch? You just called yourself out. You assume things about an individual based upon his skin color and geography.

I’m a cynical person, it’s a flaw. But I have to ask: why now? Why was this not happening last year, or 5, 10, 30 years ago? Nothing that is being protested right now is new. Everyone virtue signaling today was perfectly happy living with the same injustices for the entire previous duration of their lives.

If it was really that easy, there'd be no injustice ever anywhere. You can call it a fad but it's also a movement. And movements make people more courageous. Someone might have talked him out of it 5 years ago but not now. That's the difference.

Every revolution has a starting point! Every newly thin person has an added pound that screams that's enough. Every addict had one last taste of their addiction.
In the 60's, the catalyst for change was Rosa Parks. Now it took a combination of social media, continuous instances of no punishment for bad behavior of police toward minorities, the Coronavirus, lots of unemployment and idle hands. The result; lots of pent up anger. Then George Floyd. That was just the tipping point, not the sole reason.

A bunch? You just called yourself out. You assume things about an individual based upon his skin color and geography.

No I assume things based on the comments I’ve seen these fans make towards their own players.

Nice “gotcha” try though.

Every revolution has a starting point! Every newly thin person has an added pound that screams that's enough. Every addict had one last taste of their addiction.
In the 60's, the catalyst for change was Rosa Parks. Now it took a combination of social media, continuous instances of no punishment for bad behavior of police toward minorities, the Coronavirus, lots of unemployment and idle hands. The result; lots of pent up anger. Then George Floyd. That was just the tipping point, not the sole reason.
You left out the biggest reason. Nov 3, 2020.

I hear ya. I have had similar lingering thoughts. But this is different and I think timing, circumstances, etc all play a role. This feels like a sort of "perfect storm" right now and it's actually the real thing. Change is abound, and the youth are driving it.

It is truly some 9d chess, galaxy brain caliber analysis that leads one to the conclusion that there were some shady dealings going because a five star recruit did NOT pick Kentucky.

lol. True that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom