Class of 2020 - C Makur Maker to Howard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Makur Maker to Howard

I wonder if you played two years at, say, an Ohio Valley Conference School, you could end up being a top two pick.

Prolly not. Not enough exposure imo.
If your good enough your good enough and they will find you but the ovc is a decent mid major the meac is a bottom conference.

I'm surprised more of you haven't read about this. It's been picking up a lot of steam of late, especially since the BLM rallies started. With most, if not all, athletic departments run by white people who make all the money off of athletes that can't make any themselves, more prospects are deciding they want HBCUs to benefit. Since kids like Maker will be draft picks anyways, why not do it there? It's pretty awesome to see and I hope it continues.

More info here:

I'm surprised more of you haven't read about this. It's been picking up a lot of steam of late, especially since the BLM rallies started. With most, if not all, athletic departments run by white people who make all the money off of athletes that can't make any themselves, more prospects are deciding they want HBCUs to benefit. Since kids like Maker will be draft picks anyways, why not do it there? It's pretty awesome to see and I hope it continues.

More info here:
I mean if he goes there to play its cool but I'm not sure it's going to open up the flood gates. I don't see kids giving up playing in the acc or big ten to play in the meac.

Maybe as an african american male, he will be more comfortable attending a hcbu.

I don't know if any of you read about this but Melo is on record as saying he hopes Mikey Williams will go this same route. As an old white guy, I don't understand all the dynamics to the extent a Black man does, but I applaud the young man's courage and conviction. And for the guys that don't seem to understand, this is far less about basketball and far more about making a stand on social justice and racism.

The atmosphere on Mars is far less dense than the Earth's. Perhaps it would be easier to see the light if some of the posters in this thread moved there.

I’m a cynical person, it’s a flaw. But I have to ask: why now? Why was this not happening last year, or 5, 10, 30 years ago? Nothing that is being protested right now is new. Everyone virtue signaling today was perfectly happy living with the same injustices for the entire previous duration of their lives.
Because people are fed up and young people are leading the way because they are imagining a different world for all of us. Fortunately there’s lots of middle age and older people that are behind them and urging them on and also joining in the movement with words and actions. How can this not be heartening to see? Reserve your cynicism for the orange turd, billionaire oligarchs, rest of the Washington establishment of both parties and their corporate overlords.

"Slavery in America has been around for 200 years, why's this Tubman lady trying to free slaves now?"

"The emancipation proclamation was a century ago, why's this Martin King guy starting to complain about the way blacks are being treated now?"

"The US Gov't has existed for 250 years, why are blacks trying to become president now?"

Maybe I am a cynical person, but I think what you said is a terribly backwards way to think and part of why problems in America exist for generations longer than they should.
Great post!

Dumb Comment ? A 5 star basketball recuit commits to Howard ? over Kentucky. You don't think that will raise an eyebrow.

Way back when Adonal Foyle picked Colgate over us. It happens.

I just happened to catch Makur Maker on the NBC morning show in about a 5 minute interview. Very well spoken and thoughtful young man. It isn't online yet.

Here is another recent one from ESPN but seems chopped up and not complete...

Here is the MM interview that I was referencing from earlier this morning...

If he hasn't signed a LOI, I'd be shocked if others don't try to pry him away from Howard. I just can't see him getting any exposure there.
A) Exposure is overvalued by most people when it comes to the draft. The league will find you regardless of where you’re playing.

B) If exposure was important to him he never would have committed to a HBCU. The kids who follow this trend will be doing so for a deeper reason.

A) Exposure is overvalued by most people when it comes to the draft. The league will find you regardless of where you’re playing.

B) If exposure was important to him he never would have committed to a HBCU. The kids who follow this trend will be doing so for a deeper reason.
They will find you but if your a 5 star player don't you want to text your game against the best competition?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom