Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe to say him and Essandoko are next priorities for bigs?

I think either one of those would be fine. A more offensive minded 4, or a rim-defending 5.
Either way is fine. Keeps the roster in balance.
Both of these kids look like good athletes who we might have for (dare we say it?) three years.

There is a lot to like with this kid. High level Athlete, 7 footer with what looks like a high motor and dunks everything. Also can run the floor with ease.

If you can get him and Copeland locked up alongside sealing with Lands when he visits, the staff can then work JJ and Bunch both to aim to add that other scorer along with working hard on some of the 23 targets.

Let’s hope Duke gets a commit from a five star power forward and he rethinks going there.

Wouldn’t mind this type of program player at all. A guy who comes in off the bench with high energy for 1-2 years and keeps developing year to year, eventually becoming integral piece to the team and a starter as a sophomore or upperclassman. This is how our best teams were made up, with these types of developmental athletes and players. Every year we had a guy step up from role player - to starter - to star and we’ve been missing those types of program players for quite some time. To my eye, it seems like Peter Carey has a good amount of untapped potential and would be a great addition to our ‘22 class. Sign him up.

Wouldn’t mind this type of program player at all. A guy who comes in off the bench with high energy for 1-2 years and keeps developing year to year, eventually becoming integral piece to the team and a starter as a sophomore or upperclassman. This is how our best teams were made up, with these types of developmental athletes and players. Every year we had a guy step up from role player - to starter - to star and we’ve been missing those types of program players for quite some time. To my eye, it seems like Peter Carey has a good amount of untapped potential and would be a great addition to our ‘22 class. Sign him up.
From the Billy Owens class, Dave Johnson became a 1st round draft choice after Billy left early.

From the Billy Owens class, Dave Johnson became a 1st round draft choice after Billy left early.
Quite before my time lol, but interesting to know. I became a fan 07-08 season and by 08-09, I was fully bleeding orange. On that team too we had Kris Joesph, who played a very minor role as a freshman and then became a star in Orange as an upperclassman and ended up becoming an NBA draft pick.

Wonder why Carey wasn’t on the Lightening roster.

When was the last time you saw ac.7 footer move like that

not lanky. Like a deer

Some highlights with what I think is Pete #31. Bit confused because I've seen pics of him with #13 and another kid wearing #31 then I've seen him also wearing #31. Hard to tell but ik pretty sure its him.

Not to be "that guy", but remember, Boeheim has to play them for them to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom