Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Soooooo... what is actually going on?

Just looking at it purely from a what makes sense:

Eligibility issues of some sort no matter what is being said by those close to Diagne. No way SU is showing Brodricks Jones love unless they have at least some worry of Diagne not qualifying. (has to be Diagne because the other 3 frosh are in summer school already) No knock on Jones he looks like he will be a pretty good player down the road but with our scholarship situation and things being this late in the game its not a hard one to figure out.

Hopefully it is simply a CYOA thing just incase and whatever is going on with Diagne gets resolved and Jones never even visits here.

Let's put it this way Syracuse staff might be worried about his eligibility but Jones has not been offered by Syracuse yet which means as of right now the coaches think Diange will qualify. If an offer goes out to Jones then that's a sign Diange won't qualify.

Please explain to me why we are showing interest in Brodricks Jones completely out of the blue this late in the game, then.

I don't know. Maybe Coach Boeheim, or Hopkins were out on the recruiting trail watching somebody else and this kid caught their eye.

Let's put it this way Syracuse staff might be worried about his eligibility but Jones has not been offered by Syracuse yet which means as of right now the coaches think Diange will qualify. If an offer goes out to Jones then that's a sign Diange won't qualify.

Thank you. +1000

FYI, If worse case Diagne doesn't qualify or whatever (If that's the case) He just qualifies the following year.

We ride DC2 this year.

People wring hands to quick. FYI, we got Tyus Battle yesterday so people shouldn't be thinking negative.

With the NCAA probation scrutiny you can be sure SU will not want any athlete to have eligibility issues. If Diagne has any issues it will more sad for the kid and their is no chance SU won't support him within the due process.

If the NCAA clearinghouse won't clear him it would suck. However, it is burying your head in the sand if you don't acknowledge that SU isn't having a backup plan in Brodrick Jones lined up if Diagne is dinged ineligible.

Thank you. +1000

FYI, If worse case Diagne doesn't qualify or whatever (If that's the case) He just qualifies the following year.

We ride DC2 this year.

People wring hands to quick. FYI, we got Tyus Battle yesterday so people shouldn't be thinking negative.
Did we miss your humble pie post apologizing to the board insiders about Battle yet?

Thank you. +1000

We ride DC2 this year.

How many recruits have failed to qualify and then qualified the following year to play for Boeheim? You guys just pull this stuff out of your arses.

I don't know. Maybe Coach Boeheim, or Hopkins were out on the recruiting trail watching somebody else and this kid caught their eye.
Yeah sure. They just said "what the hell, let's bring in a lower rated recruit we have no spot for that we already have a commit for".

How many recruits have failed to qualify and then qualified the following year to play for Boeheim? You guys just pull this stuff out of your arses.

It happens often in College Basketball.

Don't qualify, goes prep for a year, then qualifies.

We are not talking about college basketball. We are talking about Syracuse basketball. It doesn't happen. It won't happen here. Especially 2-3 schollies down.

You are confusing college football recruits with basketball. Academic non-qualifiers are a lot less frequent in college hoops cause those kids prep before they don't qualify.

College FB has kids who don't qualify and enroll at prep schools to wait another year.

Please tell me the last basketball commit to Syracuse that didn't qualify and then came to Syracuse the following year? Don't try using Ron Patterson as he was committed to Indiana and then Crean snaked him and used academics as a reason.

Thank you. +1000

We ride DC2 this year.

Zenmaster Hulk...are we in bizzaro world?!

cartman-evil-and-cartman-we.jpg

You are confusing college football recruits with basketball. Academic non-qualifiers are a lot less frequent in college hoops cause those kids prep before they don't qualify.

College FB has kids who don't qualify and enroll at prep schools to wait another year.

Please tell me the last basketball commit to Syracuse that didn't qualify and then came to Syracuse the following year? Don't try using Ron Patterson as he was committed to Indiana and then Crean snaked him and used academics as a reason.

Ron Patterson

... Don't tell me what to do

Ron Patterson

... Don't tell me what to do
All I can is Ron Patterson would be incorrect since he wasn't originally a Syracuse commitment. Nice try finding one player who had academic problems and ended up at Syracuse I have no clue how you figured that out.

All I can is Ron Patterson would be incorrect since he wasn't originally a Syracuse commitment. Nice try finding one player who had academic problems and ended up at Syracuse I have no clue how you figured that out.

I'm a borderline genius

Man, that's a good question. I think you'd have to go all the way back to Earl Duncan, who was prop 48. Point being, it sure is uncommon.