Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

I doubt it's grades. But it seems there is always issues with these kids that transfer from another country. Remember the situation with Chino. He's really a junior next year because he lost a year of eligibility because of the NCAA.

Not sure why the NCAA scrutnizes kids from another country any differently. If they prove they can do the work, and most can better than American kids, why does this continue to happen?
I find it amazing that any kid in this situation never has a problem getting into UConn...hmmmmm.

I find it amazing that any kid in this situation never has a problem getting into UConn...hmmmmm.
If Section III did that with boys soccer, some HS here could not field a team.

If for some chance he does not qualify (If that's the case) he just qualifies next season.

He wouldn't be the first.

Wow. I had no idea Tapha's had multiple deaths in his family recently. Dad and sister have both died in the last year, and he couldn't get home for either funeral.

Wow. I had no idea Tapha's had multiple deaths in his family recently. Dad and sister have both died in the last year, and he couldn't get home for either funeral.

I recently watched a special on TV about these kids from Senegal. It's very emotional as they are away from family for very long stretches.

only player not on campus. Yeah uh...

Apparently he had the trip scheduled for almost a year, and has had a lot of family issues so there is at least a reason for that.

As for eligibility that could be another story. I heard he needed to take the SAT numerous times, but thought he finally got the qualifying score?

That's awful, poor kid. I can't imagine how difficult it must be being that age and so far from your family, especially when stuff like that happens.

scuttle butt.
:eek:

image.jpg

Probably premature but I'm wondering whether Diagne's setback is permanent (ie. never wear orange) or could only affect a semester or two?

I'm guessing that since we're recruiting a new player to fill for this issue, the answer should be obvious. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Too bad though. Seems like a great kid. I was thinking he'd be a key cog in the 2016-2017 machine, if not this coming season.

Soooooo... what is actually going on?
We'll find out soon enough...sounds like a rumored eligibility issue. Syracuse can't be too careful...no sense worrying about it...just wait for the news (good or bad).