Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

On the scale of best-case to worst-case:

Best: Chino is transferring
Mixed: DC2's knees have staff concerned
Worst: Diagne is ineligible

On the scale of best-case to worst-case:

Best: Chino is transferring
Mixed: DC2's knees have staff concerned
Worst: Diagne is ineligible
Disagree with your worst. The worst would be DC2's knees. And it isn't that. And I don't believe Chino has plans to go anywhere but the mall

Disagree with your worst. The worst would be DC2's knees. And it isn't that. And I don't believe Chino has plans to go anywhere but the mall
You're suggesting that DC2 would be a bigger loss than Diagne. In comparing the two, I'm more impressed with Diagne's highlights. Granted it's high school competition, but what we've seen from DC2 so far hasn't set the world on fire. At best, they are both physical but unknown commodities, and I see Diagne as having more upside.

You're suggesting that DC2 would be a bigger loss than Diagne. In comparing the two, I'm more impressed with Diagne's highlights. Granted it's high school competition, but what we've seen from DC2 so far hasn't set the world on fire. At best, they are both physical but unknown commodities, and I see Diagne as having more upside.

I think you will be surprised by what Coleman accomplishes this season provided he can stay healthy. He worked incredibly hard on rehab and getting into the best shape of his life.

I don't get this... Kid went to a good prep school, and we've been recruiting him forever. If we feared grades we would have looked elsewhere or had a backup plan long ago. While very good, is Moose a kid (elite level) who would be offered and take illegal benefits from a booster? This is weird.

I doubt it's grades. But it seems there is always issues with these kids that transfer from another country. Remember the situation with Chino. He's really a junior next year because he lost a year of eligibility because of the NCAA.

Not sure why the NCAA scrutnizes kids from another country any differently. If they prove they can do the work, and most can better than American kids, why does this continue to happen?

Absolutely no inside info but could this be a sort of "Danny Almonte" situation? I hate speculating but just spitballing
I don't think that makes a difference as long as he hasn't played professionally some place. Wasn't Ed Spriggs about 30 years old when he played for the Hoya's after a stint with the post office?

I don't think that makes a difference as long as he hasn't played professionally some place. Wasn't Ed Spriggs about 30 years old when he played for the Hoya's after a stint with the post office?
And then there's the dude whose name escapes me, who played center for Florida State and got drafted by the Mavs a few years ago. He was like 27 because he'd gone and served in the military.

And then there's the dude whose name escapes me, who played center for Florida State and got drafted by the Mavs a few years ago. He was like 27 because he'd gone and served in the military.

Bernard James

FrancoPizza said:

Your frame of reference on Coleman was from a kid whose knees were failing him. He had no lift. The kid was a McDonalds All American for a reason. He is a highly skilled player. While he may have to knock off some rust, he is in much better shape and will have much more explosion off the floor. And, he is hungry, he has had to sit for far too long. He worked his ass off, literally. You don't work that hard to come back passive.

Bernard James! True story, while I was stationed in Germany at rammstein, I played in a pickup game with him just before he was on his way to Iraq. He had just had a growth spurt of like 5-6in he had told us and said as soon as his enlistment was up, he was going to try and play in the nba. I believed him, he was nasty.

Your frame of reference on Coleman was from a kid whose knees were failing him. He had no lift. The kid was a McDonalds All American for a reason. He is a highly skilled player. While he may have to knock off some rust, he is in much better shape and will have much more explosion off the floor. And, he is hungry, he has had to sit for far too long. He worked his ass off, literally. You don't work that hard to come back passive.

How is Coleman going to get position down low without an ass?

BlackSquirrels said:
How is Coleman going to get position down low without an ass?

The kid had enough for two asses going on. So he worked one ass off that double ass, leaving one man sized ass. His shoulders are still 6 feet wide, so he still takes up space.

Chris Weinke?

There's no age limit for student athletes though.
I was thinking more along the lines of HS eligibility/citizenship but honestly, & I know that I'm directly contradicting myself here, it doesn't pay to even speculate

I always thought Bryant was the one we could afford to whiff on. Not anymore. Damn

bzshot11.gif

(I recycle posts because I'm environmentally conscious)

Do we have any SU fans in Senegal that can give us a local report?