Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Pfister, no argument there. With only 10 scholarships SU can't afford projects like Obokoh and Patterson. Looked up rankings in Scout. BJ was a 4 star but Obokoh was 3 star and coming out of HS I couldn't find a ranking on Patterson. SU must have seen something in Obokoh that scouting services didn't. I think of a 3 star as going to a mid level school.
That's the gamble and chance you take with developmental prospects. Some end up being a waste like Chino, Buss, and Sean Williams. On the flip side sometimes you'll find some real gems and they end up exceeding expectations like AO, Rautins, and Southerland.

Pfister, no argument there. With only 10 scholarships SU can't afford projects like Obokoh and Patterson. Looked up rankings in Scout. BJ was a 4 star but Obokoh was 3 star and coming out of HS I couldn't find a ranking on Patterson. SU must have seen something in Obokoh that scouting services didn't. I think of a 3 star as going to a mid level school.
They saw that he was Bryant's teammate.

Oops! Late on this.

Hakim Warrick was a three star on rivals.

I'm pretty sure he jumped to a 4 when his senior year concluded (he was a 3 for most of the time -- but remember him slipping into the higher tier and getting the 4 at the end). Same thing with CJ.

Probably because he didn't want to tell his mom that he wanted to get away from her.
So Syracuse just stopped recruiting him, but mom didn't know?
I'm pretty sure he jumped to a 4 when his senior year concluded (he was a 3 for most of the time -- but remember him slipping into the higher tier and getting the 4 at the end). Same thing with CJ.
CJ slipped because of his ACL surgery in highschool.

Scout yes moved up rivals no

We need a big guard who can play up top (on his way), a talented 2 guard who's a volume scorer (on his way), rebounding beef at the 4 (on his way), a slasher with size who can shoot (on his way) ... and a glass cleaner that can add front court depth and save DC2 from playing too many minutes (a mystery). Help me, Dean or Tee... did the staff sniff out TB's lack of loyalty and go after another big? Or are they getting on the 10 schollie NCAA RiverBoat?

We need a big guard who can play up top (on his way), a talented 2 guard who's a volume scorer (on his way), rebounding beef at the 4 (on his way), a slasher with size who can shoot (on his way) ... and a glass cleaner that can add front court depth and save DC2 from playing too many minutes (a mystery). Help me, Dean or Tee... did the staff sniff out TB's lack of loyalty and go after another big? Or are they getting on the 10 schollie NCAA RiverBoat?
Staff has shown no interest in any other big at this point. Smart $ says we'll just stay at 10. I wouldn't mind adding a 5th year tho, whether it's Dylan Ennis or a big man.

Well into the early entry declaration period and Indian is still one over the scholarship limit for 2015-16. Is this going to get a little interesting? If I'm O.G. Anunoby I might be watching my grades and googling Ron Patterson - Indiana commitment.

So can we close out this TB thread now? Over and done with.
2683391-worst_thread_ever.jpg

I think I absolutely agree, TB is a Hoosier so let put the period at the end of this sentence / thread .

That article was very discouraging.

Thanks for dragging this out so long, NCAA. Maybe if this had been finalized in December / January, per the timing specified in the NCAA guidelines, we would have had ample opportunity to effect damage control.

That last line kills me--this kid was in the bag. Dang it.

Thanks for dragging this out so long, NCAA. Maybe if this had been finalized in December / January, per the timing specified in the NCAA guidelines, we would have had ample opportunity to effect damage control.

The last line where Bryant's mother sounds like a coach who just lost out on a recruit...

"Mommy almost had him back home".

Maybe Mommy should have attended the NCAA meeting last October in Chicago.

obviously nutjob Crean and staff were constantly in his ear with the "Syracuse is in chaos"
Exactly what it was and he just keeps on giving reasons for people to dislike him. Guess he has to stoop that low to try and keep his job. And I wouldn't put it past anyone that he is one of the coaches trying to pouch Moyer from us. Fourtnately it will not work on Moyer.

I do have to agree with him that the guard play at SU is downright horrible. There is no denying that. We have no point guard and a two guard who can't make a three the last half of every year. The chaos part is bull. That's coming from the coaching staff at Indiana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom