Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

If accurate that is a great sign for us. I think IU needs to make space as does SU and SU needs to sort out the NCAA stuff although at this point I'm fairly certain that we can sign Bryant as soon as we file an official appeal because it puts a hold on the scholarship penalty at that point.

Since it took them 8 years to investigate, don't we get 8 years to appeal?

Since it took them 8 years to investigate, don't we get 8 years to appeal?

giphy.gif

I think we're just waiting for someone to leave. To still be on the list at this point? He's ours if we can free a spot imo

Is it against NCAA rules for Syracusefan.com to raise a collection and then pay a student to leave, being it's the opposite of paying them to come? ;)

Last edited:
Is it against NCAA rules for Syracusefan.com to raise a collection and then pay a student to leave, being it's the opposite of paying them to come? ;)

The NBA does it

I love players who play that way.

Man, I hope we land this kid.
Another thing. Kid's always up in people's faces, teammates, opponents - basically, whoever he can scare, chest bump, hip check lol
Really passionate about the game, very well spoken kid...and just imagine two guys like that in Moyer and Bryant on the court together. Hot Dang.

Another thing. Kid's always up in people's faces, teammates, opponents - basically, whoever he can scare, chest bump, hip check lol
Really passionate about the game, very well spoken kid...and just imagine two guys like that in Moyer and Bryant on the court together. Hot Dang.

I'm excited for Moyer, too. I'm not putting his skill / talent on this same level, but the way he plays relentlessly reminds me of Blake Griffin.

Again, not saying that he is on-par as a prospect, just the way he plays is similar.

Its hard to imagine a team with Thomas and Matthew on it going any length of time playing without focus or purpose. Not that any of our guys are necessarily lazy but it does seem we have lacked those alpha type personalities that will force the rest of the guys to be hyper aware at all times. I don't think guys get lazy so much but at times you can see that one team is performing on a higher more alert level than the other. Guys like Thomas and Matthew are infectious and seem to keep their teams focused and energized.

He doesn't have killer foot speed or quickness but it does seem he has already instilled the habit of busting it back on defense into his game.

Yeah, foot movements actually remind me of Rick The Ruler. He's obviously a much better dunker than Rick but I'm talking about how he shuffles his feet, runs and maneuvers around the rim. As tee said, I love how animated he gets. Very emotional guy . I actually think he may get t'ed up (not tee'ed up, tee:cool:) by refs a few times in college for doing a little too much woofing in opponents' grills.

One other thing he does is: he makes himself a great target on offense, shows very well and demands the ball. If our guards are not feeding him in the post, I think he'll let them know. Yikes, I just said "our guards"--I'm way ahead of myself.

Yikes, I just said "our guards"--I'm way ahead of myself.

I'll give you a pass on that one for extenuating circumstances. ;)

I here you he seems to need a few shuffles to get to full strides and never strides the way guys like Rak or Baye do, Bryant for all his gifts is simply not a very natural runner which is something I can completely identify with. I love the way he plays offense as well, even when the ball moves elsewhere he seems to have a knack for re-positioning himself to be available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom