Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

I wonder why anomander wrote that "it looks like we have been forced to move on." Was this his gut... or something he heard from a source?:noidea: This sounded pretty definitive. Maybe he could clarify.

I was just assuming that from his comments about not being contacted since sanctions were announced, or having heard from Syracuse for a while before that. Just putting 2 and 2 together to me it looks like we aren't going to be able to bring him aboard unless we really started cleaning house (which based on a couple other comments, doesn't look like a total clearing out will happen).

I was just assuming that from his comments about not being contacted since sanctions were announced, or having heard from Syracuse for a while before that. Just putting 2 and 2 together to me it looks like we aren't going to be able to bring him aboard unless we really started cleaning house (which based on a couple other comments, doesn't look like a total clearing out will happen).

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think we'd have to clean house. If we appeal and then have someone leave, my interpretation (and others' as well) is that we can bring TB here, as we put off the reduction until the following year. :noidea:

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think we'd have to clean house. If we appeal and then have someone leave, my interpretation (and others' as well) is that we can bring TB here, as we put off the reduction until the following year. :noidea:
oh ya if we appeal, and get a reduction, then absolutely. i just don't see how it would be done in time? i don't know, but unless we win some appeal, imo i just don't see how it will work out, unfortunately. This whole situation is just a disaster.

oh ya if we appeal, and get a reduction, then absolutely. i just don't see how it would be done in time? i don't know, but unless we win some appeal, imo i just don't see how it will work out, unfortunately. This whole situation is just a disaster.

My point above is that I think if (more like when) we appeal, all penalties are on hold. Then if someone transfers, we can offer TB. That's why TB's mom indicated she is waiting for some things to clear up or something to that effect. But at this point we are all beating a dead horse. Hopefully, we'll get some clarity soon, though that will never come from the NCAA. God forbid.

Premature anything is bad, as JB once said...but I've come up with a nickname for a certain duo we are recruiting... "The Killer B's"-- Bryant and Battle. (All respect to Jumpin' Jim Brunzell and B. Brian Blair)...

Sets up an interesting legal scenario. If a current player were to leave after filing the appeal and that spot was replaced with Bryant we would be at the full 13 ships. With only 2 seniors leaving after the season, we would be down to 11 ships. Assume that nobody else chooses to leave (including McCullough). Could/would the NCAA force the reduction of the the additional ship? NCAA would look pretty foolish. Wonder what would happen.

iommi said:
My point above is that I think if (more like when) we appeal, all penalties are on hold. Then if someone transfers, we can offer TB. That's why TB's mom indicated she is waiting for some things to clear up or something to that effect. But at this point we are all beating a dead horse. Hopefully, we'll get some clarity soon, though that will never come from the NCAA. God forbid.
I think we're just waiting for someone to leave. To still be on the list at this point? He's ours if we can free a spot imo

Premature anything is bad, as JB once said...but I've come up with a nickname for a certain duo we are recruiting... "The Killer B's"-- Bryant and Battle. (All respect to Jumpin' Jim Brunzell and B. Brian Blair)...
If we appeal, and we will, I don't believe we need anyone to leave. We would have a signed LOI, before the sanctions are in place.

How do we know we haven't contacted Bryant?. I only read that mama Bryant had no comment when asked if she has spoken to the coaching staff.

I hate that anyone leaves, but I believe we need to clear at least 2 scholarships before July 1. After July 1 all scholarships are guaranteed for four years. I assume we will lose 4 players next year with CM, G, Cooney, and Coleman leaving. If we start the year with 12 (including Bryant), we will have room for Moyer and Battles. That would put us at 10. I don't see it working if we only lose one player and sign Bryant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom