Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

This is true. Very good post. That being said, we are very thin up front , especially at center. TB is a must get at this point. I doubt any of us are going to feel comfortable with the center spot with questions regarding DC's health and durability. I'm very high on Diagne but he is a freshman. Bringing in TB would be huge and losing him would be really tough.

I think Lydon could potentially get some minutes now too; he has to get stronger but you can't teach 6'9" and his rebounding and shooting might be needed.

I still think we are in great shape with Battle and today's news only helps.
I'm thinking we are gonna love this kid by his junior year.

Kid is going to be a great player regardless of his choice of schools. With Chris leaving if he picks Syracuse he will be the man next year. I can see him playing 30 plus minutes a game and heading off to the NBA after leading us to the final four.

Still total speculation. But if Bryant commits, then the fun begins on predicting next years lineup. I don't think that Bryant starts. Would he play over Roberson? Would Roberson and Bryant play at the forwards with Gbinije at the guard. Doubt it, I see Gginije starting at SF but a lot depends on the development of Joseph. Ideally, Joseph makes the jump we're hoping for and Roberson and Gbinjie start at the forward spots; with Bryant backing up at C/PF. Gives Boeheim a little more depth at both forward and guard positions.

Could put together a good starting 5 without Bryant, but depth becomes an issue. Maybe I am totally underestimating Bryant and he starts from day one but don't see it.

Still total speculation. But if Bryant commits, then the fun begins on predicting next years lineup. I don't think that Bryant starts. Would he play over Roberson? Would Roberson and Bryant play at the forwards with Gbinije at the guard. Doubt it, I see Gginije starting at SF but a lot depends on the development of Joseph. Ideally, Joseph makes the jump we're hoping for and Roberson and Gbinjie start at the forward spots; with Bryant backing up at C/PF. Gives Boeheim a little more depth at both forward and guard positions.

Could put together a good starting 5 without Bryant, but depth becomes an issue. Maybe I am totally underestimating Bryant and he starts from day one but don't see it.
He starts from the minute he walks on the court

If Bryant:
F Thomas "ballers gone wild" Bryant
F Derrick Coleman's make believe son
F Beast Roberson
G Tarver Carney
G Silent G
Mali, KJ, 'Tapha, Lydon, Frank, Chino
It's important to note. I'm rarely right on these speculations, but sometimes I nail it. Either will happen. :)

If Bryant:
F Thomas "ballers gone wild" Bryant
F Derrick Coleman's make believe son
F Beast Roberson
G Tarver Carney
G Silent G
Mali, KJ, 'Tapha, Lydon, Frank, Chino
It's important to note. I'm rarely right on these speculations, but sometimes I nail it. Either will happen. :)
just for fun:
DC
Bryant
G
Cooney
Kaleb

Malachi will be the modern day Scoop from 2010 and be our backup for both guards, esp replacing Kaleb when he reverts back to his freshman form (this quite often will be our best lineup as we have 3 good shooters and our spacing is great for DC and Bryant to do work). but when Mali comes in for either guard G is point forward.

Roberson will be our modern day KJo from 2010 backing up both forwards, esp replacing Bryant when he fails to get out on 3s or doesnt work the boards hard.

Stapha will be our modern day Riley from 2010 but no worries, DCs knee doesnt go out in the first round of the ACC tourney and we go farther than the sweet 16

not sure if Lydon, Frank and Chino get any pt once acc starts but maybe Hop sneaks em in while he runs the show

oh and we win it ALL the next year when Kid Mamba comes to town and then JB retires on top. too much to ask?

Last edited:
He's definitely not a silent committ, but were still in it.
Makes JB look foolish when he said we had a 5th unnamed recruit in the bag. If we take it at face value that he had a change of heart - who is to blame? NCAA? Mrs TB? UK?

Find it hard to believe he hasn't made up his mind at this point? "still in it" is not a vote of confidence.

Makes JB look foolish when he said we had a 5th unnamed recruit in the bag. If we take it at face value that he had a change of heart - who is to blame? NCAA? Mrs TB? UK?

Find it hard to believe he hasn't made up his mind at this point? "still in it" is not a vote of confidence.

You sound like the kind of guy who is depressed on Friday because it's only three days until Monday.

You sound like the kind of guy who is depressed on Friday because it's only three days until Monday.
No - I'm depressed because I was hoping Jake would say that he "likes our chances"... not that "we're still in it". Forgive me for getting desperate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom