Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Similar to what I did for Tyus Battle, a little recap of (mostly SU-related) important events in Thomas Bryant's recruitment to this point.

Especially interesting is just how much earlier SU was recruiting Bryant than most everyone else...which is to be expected since he's local, but still, sometimes we forget just how long the coaches have had a relationship with Thomas & his family. Also makes the recent comments about not having talked to SU in a few months seem little less important, IMO.

Thomas Bryant – Recruiting Summary:

(Note: Contact between SU & Thomas Bryant may have initiated prior to this, but this is first I could find.)

- Thomas Bryant attends Syracuse Elite Camp 2012.

- Thomas Bryant attends SU vs Colgate basketball game on Nov 26, 2012 with his mother & grandmother.

- Per Francis post (on March 1, 2013): Bryant has visited SU 3 times already this season.

Thomas Bryant is officially offered by SU on 5/17/2013.

- Thomas Bryant attends Syracuse Elite Camp 2013.

- Mike Hopkins travels to Huntington Prep to visit with Thomas Bryant – Sept 24, 2013

- Quote from Bryant on Jan 21, 2014: “I like how they are always in the 2-3 zone and everybody is doing their part and not doing too much,” explained Bryant. “The coaching staff there is great, and I could see myself in an Orange uniform. They just have a great atmosphere there and it is close to home.”

Thomas Bryant is officially offered by Indiana sometime in July of 2014 (from what I can find on internet, at least.)

- Thomas Bryant attends Syracuse Elite Camp 2014.

- Thomas Bryant makes “official visit” (his first one) to Syracuse from Sept 19-21, 2014. Article summarizing his experience:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...fficial_visit_to_su_-_onc.html#incart_m-rpt-2

- The “best article a school could hope to see when recruiting a prospect” is published on Nov 25, 2014. It contains quotes from Thomas Byrant’s mother on a wide variety of topics & basically indicates that her son will be attending SU haha:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...s_bryant_syracuse_basketball_top_recruit.html

Thomas Bryant is officially offered by Kentucky on 11/29/2014.

Last edited:
Thomas Bryant – Recruiting Summary:

Thomas Bryant is officially offered by SU on 5/17/2013.
Thomas Bryant is officially offered by Indiana sometime in July of 2014 (from what I can find on internet, at least.)
Thomas Bryant is officially offered by Kentucky on 11/29/2014.

Thomas decides the Cuse.
Cuse wins another Chip the same year!
Fixed, my bro. Gotta go out on a high note, baby! ;)

Montverde and Findlay just ended. Tight game in overtime with some weird twists. Ben Simmons is smooth.

Anyway, that means Bryant and Huntington are about to take the court. Already been said, but the game is on ESPN2 for those of you in front of your televisions.

I can def see why TB went to Huntington. The level of this game is light yrs ahead of say when Diagnes team played Briscoes team in NJ playoffs the other week imo. Previous game between Montverde and Finlay very high level (esp athletic) too other than MVs shooting woes.

Bryant is getting frustrated because they aren't looking to get him the ball. Their guards just keep on chucking.
Yep he was wide open for that alley oop. I would be pissed too. Plus he is getting doubled but HP is not doubling Giddens and Giddens is getting his. But Bryant being focused on by OHs defense is opening up things for Bridges who has ALL of HPs points obviously so far

Does Huntington know you usually put your tallguy near the basket and pass to himfor a close shot?

Yep he was wide open for that alley oop. I would be pissed too. Plus he is getting doubled but HP is not doubling Giddens and Giddens is getting his. But Bryant being focused on by OHs defense is opening up things for Bridges who has ALL of HPs points obviously so far
Bridges looks good.

Does Huntington know you usually put your tallguy near the basket and pass to himfor a close shot?
HP has zero plans on getting the ball inside , i think they are resigned to 3s and offensive rebounds.

Nice patience by TB w that layup in traffic

Oh yea! He just cleared that guy out, maybe i was wrong about not wanting to get it inside

Did anyone else Biancardi hesitate after the other announcer mentioned IU as the leader in his recruitment. Instead of agreeing he mentioned that CM is going pro.
Didn't he say IU is the leader-for now. Then he talked about the Cuse and CM and made it sound like we still have a chance.

He played hard in this one but Giddens and OH played harder. Undefeated still , very impressive

cliftonparksufan said:
Didn't he say IU is the leader-for now. Then he talked about the Cuse and CM and made it sound like we still have a chance.

The other guy basically asked Biancardi if IU was the leader and he didn't respond to that question. Instead he mentioned that CM is going pro. To me it sounded like Biancardi used to think IU but now that CM announced he isn't so sure. Obviously speculative on my part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom