Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Do people think Billy should’ve been standing in the background sulking with his arms crossed? People are so stupid... he’s happy for the kid and supporting him, why spin that into a negative?
Yeah, not a big deal I guess but I think sporting an FSU shirt was the kicker. When was the last time you saw any of our other alums sporting another school's shirt, particularly after just losing out to the other school?

Last edited:
The shelter in place is really getting to some of you guys, good lord. The hand wringing over a guy who might be the next Sean Williams.

I can only guess very few watched the 8 minutes of game highlights I posted. That was very recent and likely the most recent before everything was shut down.

My dad watched more than me this year. He said if Sidibe played that way all year, SU would have been a 20+ win team easily.
Itd be close, the top of our zone killed us.

I am glad we didn't get this guy, not because I don't think he will develop I hope he does, but 3 development centers in 2 years is a not way to build a roster.

We need a big who can contribute next while our current development players develop.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if this kid pounds us in 2-3 years.

Based on his tape he is actually a project. Maybe the tape lies. The first couple of videos were impressive. He is a good athlete. In game action you can see he has a ways to go. Tendencies matter and he was very passive. I would have liked to get him. I also had to take a step back in terms of if we did get him and what expectations should be.

This kid would have been the best big on this team.Who’s is better than him? The staff is hunting for men

We gave up a ton of double digit 3 pt performances this year. Even in some of our wins. The top of the zone was brutal at times for both defending the 3 and stopping penetration

Percentage wise we were in the top third of the country. Defense needs to be better, but the percentage against us was not that bad. Let’s get the facts straight. There’s improvements to be made, however the fact that our games were close all year suggests it doesn’t need to be that much better.

You honestly think Ballard would right now be the best big on our team?? Wow is all I have to say.

Right now he is

Passive defensively
Not a high motor
Soft touch around the rim but also shows no sign of physicality.
Decent shot blocking instincts vs smaller players
Very raw in positioning and bball IQ

This is based on the tape I have seen. No idea how you can conclude he would be the best big on this team from what is out there. You need to watch the last 8 minute tape I posted which is more than highlights.

Percentage wise we were in the top third of the country. Defense needs to be better, but the percentage against us was not that bad. Let’s get the facts straight. There’s improvements to be made, however the fact that our games were close all year suggests it doesn’t need to be that much better.

We got a lot better later in the year. Lost some heartbreakers and had we played as well in the non conference we would have had a pelt or two to help off set some of those tough losses.

I think the way to look at Ballard is that it is imperative we keep aggressive to add talent where there is a need and positional weakness. The real whiff to me was Isaiah Jackson. He was the major talent who immediately is an upgrade.

We have some talent and potential on this roster at the 5. We need that potential to be realized. While working towards that end, it's important to keep recruiting hard to add more talent and potential. This late in the game it's going to have to be a transfer that knocks your socks off or a late bloomer/project type as the coffers are empty for the sure things.

Itd be close, the top of our zone killed us.

That they did, but a Sidibe that regularly contributed especially by crashing the boards would have been beneficial to the team. Sucks that the virus shut everything down because whatever progress these guys were trying to make with their bodies has been put on hold indefinitely.

0-4? Pffftttt! That’s nothing.

Maryland lost out on Seth Towns, Bryce Aiken, Patrick Tape, Carlik Jones and now Ballard and Haarm. 0-6!

plus they had 2 or 3 kids transfer out. And one go pro!

go over to their board and vent.

I think the way to look at Ballard is that it is imperative we keep aggressive to add talent where there is a need and positional weakness. The real whiff to me was Isaiah Jackson. He was the major talent who immediately is an upgrade.

We have some talent and potential on this roster at the 5. We need that potential to be realized. While working towards that end, it's important to keep recruiting hard to add more talent and potential. This late in the game it's going to have to be a transfer that knocks your socks off or a late bloomer/project type as the coffers are empty for the sure things.
yeah IJ really stings

Show me a big going against another big, not a bunch of 6’2” guys. We’ve seen a lot of film of guys never missing a shot. That’s what selective video can do. There was no tape of Ballard going against any size.

what I’ve learned from this thread about some takes versus reality ...
1. Can’t recruit centers and losing to “bagmen” at FSU (sorry but there’s zero reason to pick SU over FSU when discussing centers)
2. Billy Edelin has a horrible relationship with SU... (HE SUPPORTED HIS OWN PLAYER BY WEARING AN FSU SHIRT OH MY GOD)
3. This could have been a major get (was not going to play ever next year. Fact)
4. This is the type of big we need (no one here knew he existed 6 days ago)

This thread has literally been embarrassing

1. Can’t recruit centers and losing to “bagmen” at FSU (sorry but there’s zero reason to pick SU over FSU when discussing centers)
2. Billy Edelin has a horrible relationship with SU... (HE SUPPORTED HIS OWN PLAYER BY WEARING AN FSU SHIRT OH MY GOD)
3. This could have been a major get (was not going to play ever next year. Fact)

Couldn’t agree more! These guys would want a ham sandwich if it was 7 feet tall.

Thats what quarantine will do to ya.

Counterpoint - this thread has actually been hilarious and awesome.

Counterpoint - this thread has actually been hilarious and awesome.
One man's embarrassment is another man's awesome.
1586632766285.gif