Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

At 7'0 246, I think he would be bigger than any of our center recruits since the Fab/Rakeem/DaJuan trifecta from 2010-2012.
Yeah guys 7'0 245 don't grow on trees now that doesn't mean he can play at all
its too bad they took 2 C projects last year otherwise I would be fine with taking a chance
hopefully he delays his decision
Correct me if I am wrong, guys still can't sign LOI during this dead period right? so even if he announces a commitment, he can still be recruited I believe

Last edited:
I think the development of JBA is not going well or needs at least another year.

JBA was always a development player, he didn't start in HS and came to the game relatively late.

If he was close last year we would have RSed Edwards who is skilled but needs to add weight.

If he was close this year we would not be in the market for a big.

Haarms is 250lbs and still thin, Edwards is listed at 215lbs he needs to get to the 240-250lbs range to compete.

I would prefer Haarms or Morgan, but Ballard isn't a guy we should pass on.

He did dunk from the foul line so the raw athleticism is there the staff has to coach him up.

I don't want to see Marek at the 5 next year.
I thought Waters wrote an article about how JBA had some sort of injury so he decided to redshirt and get himself completely ready for college ball in 2020-2021.

If we miss on Haarms I'd rather just roll with what we got. Ballard wouldn't be good enough to play next season anyways, and after that he's just holding a scholarship if he's not good enough.

I thought Waters wrote an article about how JBA had some sort of injury so he decided to redshirt and get himself completely ready for college ball in 2020-2021.

If we miss on Haarms I'd rather just roll with what we got. Ballard wouldn't be good enough to play next season anyways, and after that he's just holding a scholarship if he's not good enough.
I agree, but you know damn well he is going to go to FSU and be a monster.

Kinda long but not long everyone has a ton to do right now. Somewhat recent game footage of him. Looks halfway decent shooting foul shots. Pretty active. Definitely had nice size.

Kinda long but not long everyone has a ton to do right now. Somewhat recent game footage of him. Looks halfway decent shooting foul shots. Pretty active. Definitely had nice size.

Less athletic than what we need. Way too much of a project. We have better projects on the bench.

giphy.gif

Interesting that his team is playing 2-3 zone the whole time...

Less athletic than what we need. Way too much of a project. We have better projects on the bench.
I'm not sure we have better projects on the bench. I think he is better than JBA personally

Tough telling from the little there is on him but I do get what your saying. Would be nice to have a big time impact player right away. BUT I will say that I like this kids size. We have been lacking a big kid that can bang inside. Not sure what his ceiling is but he might be worth a look. (Sounds like the staff is doing that) and maybe they are waiting to see how a few other guys play out first before offering this kid (if they even do offer him) like I said earlier though, there are some old players/people connected to the program that have been getting after the coaches about this kid and asking why they havent offered. Some people think highly of him. (Not staff)

Tough telling from the little there is on him but I do get what your saying. Would be nice to have a big time impact player right away. BUT I will say that I like this kids size. We have been lacking a big kid that can bang inside. Not sure what his ceiling is but he might be worth a look. (Sounds like the staff is doing that) and maybe they are waiting to see how a few other guys play out first before offering this kid (if they even do offer him) like I said earlier though, there are some old players/people connected to the program that have been getting after the coaches about this kid and asking why they havent offered. Some people think highly of him. (Not staff)
The thing that bothers me most is joe below the rim he plays at his size.

in a recent PS article, Ballard statEd:

“I’m really looking for team chemistry,’’ he said. “I need a school that’s going to take care of the players. I would need a strong coach.’’

That would leave Duke, Kentucky and perhaps Syracuse out of the running. I like to believe that Syracuse supports their recruits but I have seen in the past they cut bait and run from projects that did not mature. Riley, Williams, McBride and others have been asked to move on.

in a recent PS article, Ballard statEd:

“I’m really looking for team chemistry,’’ he said. “I need a school that’s going to take care of the players. I would need a strong coach.’’

That would leave Duke, Kentucky and perhaps Syracuse out of the running. I like to believe that Syracuse supports their recruits but I have seen in the past they cut bait and run from projects that did not mature. Riley, Williams, McBride and others have been asked to move on.
That’s what I don’t get. This just clogs a roster spot for 21 and 22

That’s what I don’t get. This just clogs a roster spot for 21 and 22
It could be the old bird in the hand (Ballard, ?) is worth more than 2 in the bush
(recruits that may pass you by like Ettheme and Clingnan)