Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Im thinking that the Shockers didnt take him out for Pizza. Hopefully Jim got him 2 slices and a soda.

It was lunch.

Taking Ballard for pizza was probably genius.

You can't get decent pizza in Kansas. Whether it is true or not, I bet they didn't think about that over there in Wichita.

Has anyone read Quincy's bio on the FSU site? If not, here it is...
I like what he wrote about Syracuse...
"My hometown of Syracuse, N.Y. is not too big and not too small – it’s a perfect size. It has convention sites that attract a lot of people and is near the mountains in Western New York state."

"My hometown of Syracuse, N.Y. is not too big and not too small – it’s a perfect size. It has convention sites that attract a lot of people and is near the mountains in Western New York state."
So, his nickname should be Goldilocks?

Hopefully not majoring in Geography.

Hopefully not majoring in Geography.
Yeah, I didn't want to omit that (but also didn't want to bold it either).

Edit: In one spot it says Fine Arts & State Affairs and in another spot it says Humanities.

His FSU bio also states "has a nice feel for the game while also possessing the capability of knocking down perimeter shots…a great ability to finish around the rim and displays consistent range out to the 3-point line". Had no idea. Maybe he's Joel Embid 2.0.

On a serious note, I don't know why people are down on this kid. He is going to be great in the zone and will be with us for multiple years. I actually think he starts after Jesse goes pro.
There's an extremely small chance of getting a stud transfer at center, so I have no problem with a solid 7-footer who may have good upside and only played a few years of basketball before college. If he actually is able to develop a shot, the ability to catch, and a soft-touch finish at the rim, he can be good for us eventually. Not sure how mobile he is and how he'll look getting out on the corner 3 but hopefully we won't be as exposed with more athletic forwards next year once they learn the rotations. For next year, we just need him to be a big body presence for 10 minutes per game to deter teams from hammering us down low when Jesse's out.

His FSU bio also states "has a nice feel for the game while also possessing the capability of knocking down perimeter shots…a great ability to finish around the rim and displays consistent range out to the 3-point line". Had no idea. Maybe he's Joel Embid 2.0.
Teams are going to hate having their center out defending at the three point line.

Does FSU let the kids write their own bios?

That's what she said?