Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

The only question is “where in the world is Billy Edelin?”
Do you think Billy will look like he wants to be there this time?

Ballard averaged more blocks per 40 minutes against ACC opponents than Edwards did. He didn't miss a shot in ACC play, nor did he make a free throw. He's bigger and will bring quality defensive depth when he's in. The next year, Ballard will be the frontrunner to replace Edwards as the starter.

It's a solid but unexciting pickup.

Maybe he'll change all of our minds before he's done.

Last edited:
Do you think Billy will look like he wants to be there this time?

Ballard averaged more blocks per 40 minutes against ACC opponents than Edwards did. He didn't miss a shot in ACC play, nor did he make a free throw. He's bigger and will bring quality defensive depth when he's in. The next year, Ballard will be the frontrunner to replace Edwards as the starter.

It's a solid but unexciting pickup.

Maybe he'll change all of our minds before he's done.
I really like this kid. He will bring a much needed physical presence. I think he ends up starting in 2 years.

I really like this kid. He will bring a much needed physical presence. I think he ends up starting in 2 years.
I think at FSU he was a lot like Cole was at Nova, caught in a deep roster with 3 other 7 footers ahead of him, he did get to practice with those guys for 2 years though. Also, he grew 5 inches in high school and I'm sure it has taken a couple of years for him to adjust to that, physically and mentally.

I think at FSU he was a lot like Cole was at Nova, caught in a deep roster with 3 other 7 footers ahead of him, he did get to practice with those guys for 2 years though. Also, he grew 5 inches in high school and I'm sure it has taken a couple of years for him to adjust to that, physically and mentally.
I'm picturing Pascal Chukwu 2017-18 Cuse Sweet Sixteen team where he averaged 27 mpg along with 5.4 ppg and 6.8 rpg. If he can meet or exceed those numbers and maintain a pillar in the paint, then I think it will be a win-win.

I'm picturing Pascal Chukwu 2017-18 Cuse Sweet Sixteen team where he averaged 27 mpg along with 5.4 ppg and 6.8 rpg. If he can meet or exceed those numbers and maintain a pillar in the paint, then I think it will be a win-win.
PC didn't grow up in the US playing basketball, his development was way behind QB's. He also couldn't catch the ball very well.

Scal really came into his own. I’ll never forget his 18 boards in Cameron when we upset Zion the following year.

PC didn't grow up in the US playing basketball, his development was way behind QB's. He also couldn't catch the ball very well.
Who or what are you picturing?

Who or what are you picturing?
How many passes went through Pascal's hands? If he could have caught and dunked, he would have been a great center at SU. He was a good center in the defense, very good.

Somewhere Chewy is prancing:)

Charge your phone.
This post is hilariously funny for two reasons: 1) because it’s random, and 2) because whenever I see people post pictures online I’m always looking in the background to see what books people read, etc. Well done!

This post is hilariously funny for two reasons: 1) because it’s random, and 2) because whenever I see people post pictures online I’m always looking in the background to see what books people read, etc. Well done!
Irony is that I knew someone would respond with that when I posted it because I’d do the same.