Class of 2021 - C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Tiki Mayben. Kid was once the number one recruit in his class. We got beaten out by Binghamton. Someone should have been fired to send a message on that one.
No, we didn’t get beaten out by Binghamton. He had trouble. Played Junior College for a year and dominated. Friends saw him play against SUNY Cobleskill. We didn’t hold a scholarship for him.

No, we didn’t get beaten out by Binghamton. He had trouble. Played Junior College for a year and dominated. Friends saw him play against SUNY Cobleskill. We didn’t hold a scholarship for him.
I know what happened with Tiki Mayben. We dodged a bullet.

I know what happened with Tiki Mayben. We dodged a bullet.
Didn't he help crater binghamton program?

There was some trouble that involved like four hoops players and the coach?

Yes he did. But he had lots of help, and Binghamton has yet to recover.

We didn't get beaten by Binghamton on that one, as documented elsewhere. After I think UMass and then Hudson Valley, BU took him. Binghamton was taking EVERYONE back then, encouraged by then-President of the university. Several ended up in trouble. Mayben was allegedly slinging weed on campus- he got pulled over for speeding on campus, was found to be in possession of marijuana, and told campus police it belonged to David Fine (Bernie's son) who was eventually dismissed from the team and university. Mayben was charged with possession but later arrested in Troy for possessing and selling crack.

Binghamton hasn't been able to catch a break since.

Yes, Kevin Broadus was HC, kid named DJ Rivera, Maybin, kid named Mack, all transfers, shop lifting incidents, fights on campus, sounded like no shows at class. Bernie Fines son was involved in some stuff too. Then won the America East got the pleasure of facing Duke as a 16 seed and I don't need to explain how that ended. Program has never been relevant since, Tommy Dempsey just stepped down after going 72-194, too bad because the campus has a nice little gym (fieldhouse) and I think the support would be there if the product was better.

Yes he did. But he had lots of help, and Binghamton has yet to recover.

We didn't get beaten by Binghamton on that one, as documented elsewhere. After I think UMass and then Hudson Valley, BU took him. Binghamton was taking EVERYONE back then, encouraged by then-President of the university. Several ended up in trouble. Mayben was allegedly slinging weed on campus- he got pulled over for speeding on campus, was found to be in possession of marijuana, and told campus police it belonged to David Fine (Bernie's son) who was eventually dismissed from the team and university. Mayben was charged with possession but later arrested in Troy for possessing and selling crack.

Binghamton hasn't been able to catch a break since.
Not documented, joked about. Anyone who’s been around a few years...or decades knows the deal.

Not documented, joked about. Anyone who’s been around a few years...or decades knows the deal.
I have. Not sure what's "not documented" Syracuse wasn't beaten by Binghamton, Syracuse backed off and he went to UMass briefly.

I have. Not sure what's "not documented" Syracuse wasn't beaten by Binghamton, Syracuse backed off and he went to UMass briefly.
I believe you were referencing my earlier post as documentation that we were beaten by Binghamton for Mayben. My post was in jest.

I believe you were referencing my earlier post as documentation that we were beaten by Binghamton for Mayben. My post was in jest.
Ah- well, I do consider each and every post by Orangefog to be verifiable documentation of the truth and nothing but the truth. But just meant that in a past incarnation of these boards that Tiki and his unibrow were a much covered topic.

I fail to see why I should care at this point about a kid who has committed to another school halfway across the country.
At a loss ... why ????
You shouldn't care. This is the recruiting board where we like to talk about the kids we are actively or were at some point actively recruiting and where and what they are up to. Its just a forum man...no reason to be at a loss over something like this.

You shouldn't care. This is the recruiting board where we like to talk about the kids we are actively or were at some point actively recruiting and where and what they are up to. Its just a forum man...no reason to be at a loss over something like this.
Wouldn’t be at a loss if he didn’t have a hard commit to Iowa !
I’m all in on recruiting news and conversation, but this just seemed futile to me.
But I respect your opinion and perhaps I overstated my concern!

Wouldn’t be at a loss if he didn’t have a hard commit to Iowa !
I’m all in on recruiting news and conversation, but this just seemed futile to me.
But I respect your opinion and perhaps I overstated my concern!
Naaa, you didn’t. I couldn’t care less either.

I fail to see why I should care at this point about a kid who has committed to another school halfway across the country.
At a loss ... why ????
I totally agree . Why keep updating a recruit that committed elsewhere? I could care less now.

At a loss ... why ????

I totally agree . Why keep updating a recruit that committed elsewhere? I could care less now.
So, don't click on the thread.
1618272866690.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online